had to cease my sd cycle

yelis300

yelis300

Awards
  • Established
i had recently stopped my sd only cycle because i started getting sharp pains in my chest just to the left of my sternum. i know sd wreaks havoc on lipid profiles but ****, was this what i was experiencing? I have had cholesterol levels checked, well about 3yrs ago, and were below normal so that was ok. only thing was my good cholesterol was a little low and should be higher. my avg bp is 130/80 and my avg pulse is 90. Could the chest pains be from the lipid profiles being fucked?

yelis300

yelis300

Awards
  • Established
just wanted to add i was in at about 3 1/2 weeks cycle doing 20mg ed. i am 5'6 and weigh 176 16%bf. only liver prot i took was milk thistle prob 600mg ed standard issue grocery store version.

Gary46080

Awards
Why would you take SD at all when you only have 148lbs of LBM? I don't know what caused the chest pain but you should definately stay away from PH/AAS for quite some time. You have a lot of growing to do naturally still.

rwill2001

Awards
First off he's over 30 and your only 23 giving him advice on what size he should be before using SD. That is rediculous (Damn kids). Second, He's only 5'6, so thats probably the equivalent of a 6'1 person at 210 and 16 percent which is not too small to use if he so decides. Third, the guy came here advice not a lecture. As for advice I would suggest seeing a doctor and get your numbers checked. Otherwise I'd only be speculating.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
just wanted to add i was in at about 3 1/2 weeks cycle doing 20mg ed. i am 5'6 and weigh 176 16%bf. only liver prot i took was milk thistle prob 600mg ed standard issue grocery store version.
I would stop go threough PCT and get it checked out. If you Doc says you OK then start back but stay with 10mgs aday.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Make sure its not a muscular or skeletal related injury too bro, I dont know SD's impact on tendon strength but damaging a chest tendon or costal cartilidge can cause similar symptoms. If its a heart-related issue, it would think the pain would be more angina-like (pressure, shortness of breath, etc), but any pain in the chest should be checked by a doc!

Good luck!!

BV

Gary46080

Awards
First off he's over 30 and your only 23 giving him advice on what size he should be before using SD. That is rediculous (Damn kids). Second, He's only 5'6, so thats probably the equivalent of a 6'1 person at 210 and 16 percent which is not too small to use if he so decides. Third, the guy came here advice not a lecture. As for advice I would suggest seeing a doctor and get your numbers checked. Otherwise I'd only be speculating.
Age has nothing to do with it, I would give the same advice regardless of his age. And you're right at 23 I must be a kid.

ryano

Awards
  • Established
No it sound like you got it all figured out gary:thumbsup:

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Age has nothing to do with it, I would give the same advice regardless of his age. And you're right at 23 I must be a kid.
I suggest we leave the disciplining to the parents :hammer:

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Make sure its not a muscular or skeletal related injury too bro, I dont know SD's impact on tendon strength but damaging a chest tendon or costal cartilidge can cause similar symptoms. If its a heart-related issue, it would think the pain would be more angina-like (pressure, shortness of breath, etc), but any pain in the chest should be checked by a doc!

Good luck!!

BV
agree SD DEFINITELY has a harsh effect on tendons/cartillage. Dips did this to my sternum so that could be the problem. But i would get it checked out first. You mihgt not even have to drop the dosage if nothing is wrong, could have just been you were getting strong too fast.

And yes enough lecturing people, he came for advice. I am sick of seeing people on this board lecture others on steroids. If they are going to do them they are going to do them, help them out.

KD1

Awards
  • Established
Thats a pretty high resting pulse. Mine is 68 and Im not in amazing shape or anything. But I agree with the others, go on PCT and see a doc about your heart before going back on the SD. Might want to throw some cardio in your routine, that will help get your bf down also.

ryano

Awards
  • Established
Thats a pretty high resting pulse. Mine is 68 and Im not in amazing shape or anything. But I agree with the others, go on PCT and see a doc about your heart before going back on the SD. Might want to throw some cardio in your routine, that will help get your bf down also.
My resting pulse use to be higher than that around the 100 range... since I have been losing weight and doing cardio it has been steadily dropping I am around the 80 to 85 range now. Still a little high but dropping.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I believe 'normal' resting pulse is ~60-100 Bpm for the average adult. For a well trainined athlete, 40-60.

BV

meowmeow

Awards
  • Established
Could the chest pains be from the lipid profiles being fucked?
No. People seem to be under the notion that today's reading of lipid profile numbers equates to some immediate degree of artery clogging. It doesn't work that way.

Your acute chest pain came from something else.

yelis300

yelis300

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for all the replies, this had happened in the past as well and i did get my heart checked by doc, did heart enzyme tests and everything was fine. it may verywell be a tendon or small muscle tear or something like that. i had no shortness of breath, no pressure on the chest and no arms going numb so i dont know what it was. it did stop when i stopped sd. i was curious if liver damage was maybe an issue here, who knows what it can really do to you inside. like you said lakemountd, it may be from dips because when i do them it seems to bring out the problem. not so much when im doing them but afterwards. i do cardio in my routine also now, never did in the past based on theory that the heart will also grow if you do cardio on cycle. hoping my resting heart rate avg goes down some with cardio.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
like you said lakemountd, it may be from dips because when i do them it seems to bring out the problem. not so much when im doing them but afterwards. i do cardio in my routine also now, never did in the past based on theory that the heart will also grow if you do cardio on cycle. hoping my resting heart rate avg goes down some with cardio.
I can almost gaurantee that is what it is because I have had the same problem for so long. A lot of times its like the sternum's version of shin splints. Microscopic tears in those little muscles near your sternum. Could also be the sternum itself. SD is definitely dries out your joints and such to a degree and with the added strength that you were getting from it I am sure it was contributing to added stress (due to the more weight you were lifting) on your sternum.

BP pre-workout is a good indicator of the heart thing. As long as you are in the clear there then there really isn't much to worry about. I seriously doubt liver damage would have occurred in such a short period of time unless you had a preexisting condition of some sort. If your values check out there then its all mental bro.

c-los 21

Anabolic Xtreme Rep
Awards
  • Established

Good luck!!

BV
This can be most likely the case.
I strongly doubt that you are/were having an MI...unless your lipids have been out of whack for a while or you have a history of hyperlipidemia/cholesterol.
Make sure the pain you are getting isn't a tendon or an injured muscle... you need to know the exact differences between the pain(MI or injury).

REGARDLESS, please check you lipids ASAP, you can do this for about $40 at Quest Diagnostic without an MD approval. It would also be a great idea to increase your Omega Fatty acid intake, around 4 tabs a day.

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
Keep the cardio going while your not on AAS cycle and it will lower your heart rate, my resting HR is 45-50 a result of 10yrs of bike racing, also a result of weighing 245lbs. Your HR is pretty normal for your size though so I would not be too concerned.

yelis300

yelis300

Awards
  • Established
thats a great resting HR basso, i only wish mine were even close to that. i do have a relatively high metabolism, although not as high as it was 10 yrs ago. back then i could easily take in 6000+ cals and not gain a single pound.

so do you do cardio while on aas/ph?

i should poll that one unless its already been done...

c-los, what test am i looking for? dont see lipids anywhere

KD1

Awards
  • Established
I dont have a lot of experience, but I do less cardio, but still some. Two reasons, one - my legs cramp up when running after a couple miles. And two, I think it confuses your body when you do too much cardio while trying to make gains on cycle.

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
thats a great resting HR basso, i only wish mine were even close to that. i do have a relatively high metabolism, although not as high as it was 10 yrs ago. back then i could easily take in 6000+ cals and not gain a single pound.

Very little, I do one 1.5mile slow jog and I ride rollers once maybe twice a week for 20-30 minutes. Just enough so when I come off I'm not totally gone.

79tomato

Awards
Hey yelis what were you doing when you got the pain? Was it during a workout or were you doing something like watching t.v.? You said its happened before, does that mean while you were on SD? I've had the same kind of pain in past and could have sworn it was heart related but just calmed down reasured myself and just burped alot. Went away. I don't want to down play it but sometimes it can be that simple. These guys are right though, if it doesn't go away or it continues to happen see a doc. I'm about same stats 5'7" 185lbs

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keep the cardio going while your not on AAS cycle and it will lower your heart rate, my resting HR is 45-50 a result of 10yrs of bike racing, also a result of weighing 245lbs. Your HR is pretty normal for your size though so I would not be too concerned.
That's awesome man!! Ive got mine around 60 and I thought I was doing good!:D

BV

yelis300

yelis300

Awards
  • Established
Hey yelis what were you doing when you got the pain?
Just watching t.v. i was trying to pinpoint it and it seemed shortly after eating it happened, but not all the time. it was kind of random at times. i have never had any digestion problems in the past but, i am getting older now and i think that does happed more frequently as you get older right? you might be right, it could be acid reflux or something like that. just as i was typing this i had one small sharp pain. i have just eaten an hour ago and i had goulash. made with v8 tomato juice which i know tomatoes are known for causing heartburn. may have to get that checked too.

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
That's awesome man!! Ive got mine around 60 and I thought I was doing good!:D

BV
True resting heart rate should be taken in the morning when waking (without alarm clock) average over 3 days. My HR during the day resting is normally between 50-60 depending on caffine intake etc. So if your just taking it while your at the desk it's not really your resting HR. Anyway I spent 7 years in Europe climbing mountains on bikes so I hope my heart gained some muscle from all that effort.

Gary46080

Awards
Gary, i was curious what your stats are?
Prior to my current cycle in October I was 225lbs at 9%, 6'0", right now I am hitting low 250's, holding quite a bit more water as well right now though.

BB12

BB12

Awards
  • Established
ok, 10th day on SD (3rd day at 20mgs) I'm not to impressed. Is there a magical day to go with this "magic" pill?

x_muscle

Awards
  • Established

DUD that freakin idiots.....im 5'6 210 lbs, dose that mean i equal 350lb guy at 6'5.?!! i must be a beast.

and yah, im 23 also and i know more than any dumb **** at 140lbs. We give advice here so people dont end ****ing their life. So keep your idiotic remarks to yourself.

Age means **** if you dont have the knowledge and the experience.

Note: yelis300 this remak is not directed to you in any way.

BB12

BB12

Awards
  • Established
Is it ok to take something like Alieve for the headaches... I'm ready to go blind from the pain.