had my body fat tested.....and here's the numbers he came up with.....

norcali

norcali

Awards
I'd like to lean bulk but want to do it right and not put on a lot of fat either. I learned I under eat which is probably why I've been such a hard gainer all these years...

So I had hydrostatic body fat testing yesterday and the guy said I was 15.7%...that my rmr is 1452 (which is about how much I've eaten most my life I think) and that I should be eating 1850 as maintenance or 2150 to gain muscle....

But when I crunch the numbers here at home I get a very different number of 1710 or so.....That's almost a 30% difference so I want to be careful and not make myself fat in the process!

What do you guys think?? I'm 41, 5'3, 114lbs, female.....

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
What numbers are you crunching?

norcali

norcali

Awards
I don't remember where I found it but I follow most of Layne Norton's advice/podcasts and it was an equation I found of his....
though weight times 15 comes up with a similar number.....

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
You are over thinking this. Go with the test results. They are likely more accurate than some online calculator. If you are super concerned with eating too much, then go with the lower number.

Pick one and follow for a while and adjust if needed.

norcali

norcali

Awards
Good point haha! I just don't automatically trust bc I don't know his credentials besides being a body fast tester.....I'll just add 100 calories weekly and go from there