Groin pain and the squat/deadlift

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So im experiencing this pain, kinda like a soreness in my left groin. Its been going on for awhile and today it finally prevented me from hitting the squat numbers I had planned. It is fine walking but I feel it when i decend and it preventing me from sitting back as hard as i need to. Which is leading to low back pain. What can I do to rehad and prehad this area for the future?

Mongo97

Awards
  • Established
try using a foam roller pre and post on your hips, groin, quads, hammys, and ab/adductors. I have some tightness that leads to pain if i dont do this. Also add it in on off days. see if that helps. My pain is in my groin as well.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ive been doing joe defrancos agile 8 and foam rolling those areas 1-2 times a day everyday. I think its strained from squating to wide with no support. Im squating a closer stance and getting some gear for support while it heals. Thanks man!

Mongo97

Awards
  • Established
Yeah going really low really wide is how i think i hurt mine. But im so much stronger wide like that. Now I box squat just below parallel to help it out. So far everything is helping me. Good luck i know the groin can be a pain to get better. Also I found every so often a only light sled workout really helps heal me up.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ive been doing joe defrancos agile 8 and foam rolling those areas 1-2 times a day everyday. I think its strained from squating to wide with no support. Im squating a closer stance and getting some gear for support while it heals. Thanks man!
Do you do any abductor/adductor training?

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I actually had just started doing ab/adductor work a few weeks before the pain got bad. I squated in a single ply suit tonight to try it out and there was no pain in that area at all. So imma pick up a suit and just use it with the straps down for a cycle while i foam roll, ice, heat, rest, and do ab/adductor work for that area.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I actually had just started doing ab/adductor work a few weeks before the pain got bad. I squated in a single ply suit tonight to try it out and there was no pain in that area at all. So imma pick up a suit and just use it with the straps down for a cycle while i foam roll, ice, heat, rest, and do ab/adductor work for that area.
I have on and off groin issues and one thing I have to do is focusing on spreading the floor and pushing off the outside of my feet. That and to rotate between sumo and conventional deads.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I spread the floor when i squat, ill try pushing off the outside of my feet. Wouldnt sumo squats make it worse?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I spread the floor when i squat, ill try pushing off the outside of my feet. Wouldnt sumo squats make it worse?
Potentially. It could be a technical issue that will continue to arise until it is corrected.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I believe you are correct in saying that. Ive been looking at my form a lot. I should have some vids next week to really see. I took this week off from any heavy squating to let it heal for now. Do you have any links of RAW squatting off hand rodja?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I believe you are correct in saying that. Ive been looking at my form a lot. I should have some vids next week to really see. I took this week off from any heavy squating to let it heal for now. Do you have any links of RAW squatting off hand rodja?
As in an instructional video?

Future

Don't discount trigger points causing issues like an SI joint imbalance.