Green tea increases HGH levels?

pjmc

Awards
Hey guys.. so what's the deal with HGH and green tea (egcg)? I've seen a few HGH formulas that contain EGCG / Green tea and have googled the topic but can't really find any studies to back it up, other than a few articles posted here and there.

I remember reading that green tea reduces testosterone but wasn't sure of the connection to increasing HGH.

Can anyone shed some light? Looking to start incorporating green tea/EGCG into my daily regimen.

Thanks!

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Any hormonal effects of Green tea are negligible. What's key is that it's a stellar anti-oxidant for helping prevent tons of chronic illnesses.

zaire2d

Awards
No, EGCG is a mild decarboxylase inhibitor. When a parkinson's patiets is prescribed l-dopa it already have some decarboxylase inhibitor in it to prevent L-dopa converting to dopamine outside the brain (peripheral conversion of L-dopa), causing hyperdopaminergia, and losing the benefits of dopamine synthesis in brain. So they take together Carbidopa. since it's a controlled substance, supplement industry use EGCG for that.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
^This is true, but the supplement industry also likes mis-extrapolating as always. I've talked to a few "experts" on the topic and they recommend a dose of 5g (!) egcg for that purpose, clinically speaking.

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Any hormonal effects of Green tea are negligible. What's key is that it's a stellar anti-oxidant for helping prevent tons of chronic illnesses.
That is my main reason for using Green Tea. It is incredible and cost effective.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That is my main reason for using Green Tea. It is incredible and cost effective.
Same here and because it's really affordable!

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
A really great supplement and affordable. I been using Jarrows green tea or Magic matcha by AI are my two faves.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Best antiox bang for the buck. I stack with pine bark PCO's and it makes allergies go bye bye.

SpongeTom

Awards
  • Established
Noob question... Is there much difference in having a green tea sup vs having an actual cup of hot green tea say in the morning with brekkie?
I assume the supplement/pill is a bigger and more concentrated dose.

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Noob question... Is there much difference in having a green tea sup vs having an actual cup of hot green tea say in the morning with brekkie?I assume the supplement/pill is a bigger and more concentrated dose.
Yes -- the supplement will almost always be a much more concentrated dose. However, it never hurts to have the cup of green tea.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes -- the supplement will almost always be a much more concentrated dose. However, it never hurts to have the cup of green tea.
Agreed. I Have actually heard green tea chelates to heavy metals and helps detox the body of them.