Green Tea Does NOT contain Resveratrol

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Sorry to mislead you guys. . . I was given false info in a conversation and did not do my research before posting in excitement. I feel like a jackass. :)

Links are being made between the effects of drinking green tea and the "French Paradox." For years, researchers were puzzled by the fact that, despite consuming a diet rich in fat, the French have a lower incidence of heart disease than Americans. The answer was found to lie in red wine, which contains resveratrol, a polyphenol that limits the negative effects of smoking and a fatty diet. In a 1997 study, researchers from the University of Kansas determined that EGCG is twice as powerful as resveratrol, which may explain why the rate of heart disease among Japanese men is quite low, even though approximately seventy-five percent are smokers.
Sorry about the other thread :think:

bound

bound

Awards
  • Established
No biggie. That kind of thing happens to everyone. I've found myself eating crow quite a few times. I'm the ass that runs round screaming the amazing news about this or that, and finds out a day later that I was completely off.
Good show.

Aside: I hate trying to disagree with people online or question sources. It seems like it's almost impossible to do it politely, or not start a fight. Thanks for not flaming me. :smile:

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
It happens. I brain farted once and said that SD was a progestin. I have no idea why that popped into my head. lol

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Sorry to mislead you guys. . . I was given false info in a conversation and did not do my research before posting in excitement. I feel like a jackass. :)

Sorry about the other thread :think:
That can happen to anyone. No need to feel like a jackass :D. The comment in the other thread just startled some of us. No big deal, though! Kudos for clearing things up :thumbsup: