Grapefruit and PHs

MrFlexo

MrFlexo

Awards
Does anyone know how much eating a grapefruit with an oral would help bioavailability or is it just unpredictable?
Do you think you can half your dose if you just eat a grapefruit every day you take it?

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Kai Greene's secret ? lol. I've read you just take with grapefruit juice.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Could help some but definitely has an old school nostalgia thought process. I definitely wouldn’t half my dose and bank on grapefruit juice increasing bioavailability that much though.

wesb2387

wesb2387

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Could help some but definitely has an old school nostalgia thought process. I definitely wouldn’t half my dose and bank on grapefruit juice increasing bioavailability that much though.
I remember like 10 years ago lots of guys were doin the grapefruit juice and fish oil combo with their ph’s. No idea if it worked but I would not half dose either.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Does anyone know how much eating a grapefruit with an oral would help bioavailability or is it just unpredictable?
Do you think you can half your dose if you just eat a grapefruit every day you take it?
lol@kai greene secret

I have not tried it but yeah alot of users swore by it .. unsure if it was to cut the dose in half , i think it was more so to make them more availble/active in your body

i remember trying the olive oil ( i think it was that ..some sort of oil ) and didn't really thought much of diff.

SumireHeanna

SumireHeanna

Awards
I'm glad I'm not the only one who read the title and immediately thought Kai Greene

MrFlexo

MrFlexo

Awards
lol I just remember back in the day grapefruit was supposed to help bioavailability. I was wondering if anyone noticed a difference. That video is so funny btw wtf

ssg11111

ssg11111

Awards
  • First Up Vote
The grapefruit notion is an older thought along with piperine. It really isn't as simple as a blanket increase in bioavailability. It depends on the what it is interacting with. It can nullify or amplify and I'm not aware of any research into PHs saying how they are effected.

If you want to increase bioavailability across the board, a better idea would be to dose sublingually, as in put your dose under your tongue and let it get absorbed directly into the bloodstream. This may be a pain with capsules though due to having to open them up and dump powder under tongue.

If you want to give it a go ahead, I would go the sublingual route and start at half dose and see how you feel. This will definitely amplify the dose, by how much though and if it is enough to matter is unknown. Plus sublingual also often changes the side effect profile as you are passing first pass metabolism.

PS: I remember that Kai grapefruit thing...thing nightmares are made of haha

For the interested:
https://examine.com/supplements/grapefruit/research/#pharmacokinetics

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I use both bioperine (pill form) and naringin (powder) to increase bioavailability.