Grape Seed Extract as an AI - dosage recommendations

felixfly

Awards
I'm looking for some advice on using grape seed extract as an AI. E2 isn't too bad (47), but needs to come down. Dex is just really bad news for me - feel like crap on it. Anyone have some guidelines they can share?

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm looking for some advice on using grape seed extract as an AI. E2 isn't too bad (47), but needs to come down. Dex is just really bad news for me - feel like crap on it. Anyone have some guidelines they can share?
100 to 300 mg/day seems to help some....

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I dose at 100mg , 2x daily just for the anti-oxidant benefits. I would suggest looking into other compounds that are stronger AI's, Trione, ATD, 6-Bromo and Formestane are great options.

felixfly

Awards
100 to 300 mg/day seems to help some....
I should have mentioned I've also added 100mg of zinc for the same purpose. I'll try the 300 mg. I really would like to get below 30 on the e2 but the dex causes problems. I read on another board it inhibits some good estrogens as well. I'm a TRT guy, not on a cycle, so a strong Ai is probably going to be too much.

Thanks for the feedback! I'd love to hear from anyone else using GSE and zinc in combination.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
hit up the broccoli man! its a good source of zinc and i3c

Like other cruciferous vegetables, broccoli contains the phytonutrients sulforaphane and the indoles, which have significant anti-cancer effects. Research on indole-3-carbinol shows this compound helps deactivate a potent estrogen metabolite (4-hydroxyestrone) that promotes tumor growth, especially in estrogen-sensitive breast cells, while at the same time increasing the level of 2-hydroxyestrone, a form of estrogen that can be cancer-protective. Indole-3-carbinol has been shown to suppress not only breast tumor cell growth, but also cancer cell metastasis (the movement of cancerous cells to other parts of the body).