Glutathione + Citrulline

Madevilz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Interested in adding Glutathione in my preworkout after reading this study
https://jissn.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12970-015-0086-7
It seems to prolonge the NO effect of Citrulline. Anyone tried adding it to their preworkout and seen any difference?

Also, since antioxidants can be detrimental to hypertrophy when taken too close to workouts, wouldn't it be a bad idea to use Glutathione preworkout?

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I know Glaxon Plasm Surge has a Citrulline/Glutathione blend (called Setria Performance blend).

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Interested in adding Glutathione in my preworkout after reading this study
https://jissn.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12970-015-0086-7
It seems to prolonge the NO effect of Citrulline. Anyone tried adding it to their preworkout and seen any difference?

Also, since antioxidants can be detrimental to hypertrophy when taken too close to workouts, wouldn't it be a bad idea to use Glutathione preworkout?
Big fan of it, and a reason why Ghost added it to Pump v2 based on the research in conjunction with L-Citrulline.
I am a responder to it, but that may vary for everyone across the board as to how we react to supplements is subjective.

Nodus1

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Just spit balling, but maybe it's good in the immediate time frame, for pumps, but not so good for m-tor or other protein synthesis/muscle building processes?

Madevilz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just spit balling, but maybe it's good in the immediate time frame, for pumps, but not so good for m-tor or other protein synthesis/muscle building processes?
that's what I'm thinking. Kinda like Tart Cherry postworkout, good for recovery, but not as good for hypertrophy in the long run.
But then, I know nothing lol