Gloves, Straps?

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Improve your grip; Keeping pulling the deads raw grip and in less time then you think, the grip will catch up.

Also, if you do deads with a stop & pause at the bottom instead of a bounce, its a bit easier on the grip because of that brief time of release at the bottom.

ecupirate

Awards
liquid chalk and fat gripz to help build your strength.

WarMachine000

WarMachine000

Awards
  • Established
Only use them when I go above 315 in dead lift and wide grip lifts.

Its best to work the forearms to get use to the weight though. Generally I would only use straps if I want to crush the weight or try maxing my 1 rep max.
I agree, and don't use straps or gloves anymore, but if your back or traps require more than your grip (strength sweat or whatever) I would do what you have to do to stimulate the muscle group you are training. Good luck with your training!

WarMachine000

WarMachine000

Awards
  • Established
I think a blanket statement like 'mixed grip is dangerous' is a little overboard. Yes, there is a higher likelyhood of a bicep tear using a mixed grip (less if you're using good technique). But thousands of guys use a mixed grip for heavy deadlifting year after year and never have a problem, other than a little elbow tendonitis of course.
Never had a problem with mixed grip in ten years- helps a lot with holding the weight. Also, I've read that there is no need to change up which hand is over or under as it doesn't create any imbalance in strength or symmetry

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
Konstantinov says no to straps....and belts...and gloves...

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnzOEj5KC7w&feature=related"]YouTube- Konstantinovs Deadlift 426kg(939lb) RAW,no belt[/nomedia]

I wear gloves in the winter b/c my basement has no heat so I can see my breath because I live in Frickin Canada....I also use under armour,a touque and wool haha. Other than that chalk is your friend. As is an over under grip. Safe if you do it properly.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
paul56778 Training Forum 3
turff49 General Chat 2
Nutrition / Health 46
Ari Gold Product Reviews 0
Ari Gold Product Reviews 0