Ghrelin: Another New Thing

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
This could be another great GH potentiator. I have attached the abstract as well as an image of the graph that shows the ghrelin group as opposed to the control. The nice thing about this stuff is the dosages used in the study were 1ug/kg*bw, which means I would only be taking 80ug if I followed this study. This is what I have been spending most of my time on lately as you guys have probably noticed; the entire GH/IGF-1 axis.

ABSTRACT. An endogenous ligand for the GH secretagogue-receptor (GHS-R) has been recently
purified from rat and human stomach and named Ghrelin. It has been demonstrated that Ghrelin
specifically stimulates GH secretion from rat pituitary cells in culture as well as in rats in vivo. In this
preliminary study, in 4 normal adults [age (mean±SE): 28.6±3.5 yr; body mass index (BMI): 22.3±2.1
kg/m2] we administered 1.0 μg/kg Ghrelin or GHRH-29 to compare their GH-releasing activities in humans.
In all subjects Ghrelin induced a prompt, marked and long-lasting increase in circulating GH levels
(peak: 107.9±26.1 μg/l; AUC: 6503.1±1632.7 μg/l/h). The GH response to Ghrelin was clearly higher
(p<0.05) than that after GHRH (peak: 22.3±4.5 μg/l; AUC: 1517.5±338.4 μg/l/h). In conclusion, this
preliminary study shows that Ghrelin exerts a strong stimulatory effect on GH secretion in humans
releasing more GH than GHRH.
(J. Endocrinol. Invest. 23: 493-495, 2000)

Attachments

2slow

Awards
what is the shelf life of ghrelin once in a suspension? what would be best used for reconstitution AA?

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
what is the shelf life of ghrelin once in a suspension? what would be best used for reconstitution AA?
I can only assume that peptides are best reconsituted in 100mM AA like they are in LR3 IGF-1, however, it is hard to say considering the fact I don't have access to a lab or that sort of research. This is just prelim. stuff but I found it interesting.

2slow

Awards
do you know how they administerd the ghrelin in this study? was it IM or an IV? reason i ask is because ghrp-6 given i.v. works great according to studies at lower dosages. i.m. injects with ghrp-6 are appraently a whole different story. btw, what's the lowest pricing you have seen on this compound?

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
do you know how they administerd the ghrelin in this study? was it IM or an IV? reason i ask is because ghrp-6 given i.v. works great according to studies at lower dosages. i.m. injects with ghrp-6 are appraently a whole different story. btw, what's the lowest pricing you have seen on this compound?
I will check the study later but I do agree that i.v. administration is VERY different in some cases. Some peptides work orally just as good as they do i.v. or i.m. it is wierd.