Getting rid of the fatz with DCP 2.0 sponsored

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
man if you want to see some food pictures, I'll put up a few from my vacation before I started this log... wheeeeeew

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Coffee rubbed ribeye and a hearts of palm casserole from Tras Patio

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
a garbanzo chorizo soup on the left, a mixed seafood appetizer plate with 2 different ceviches and other stuff in the middle, and chorizos cooked in a wine sauce on the right

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
an Argentinian parillada (mixed grill). it had a couple types of sausages, short ribs, skirt steak, liver, some other organs. really nice

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
its a pity, there were still a bunch of other good meals in Puerto rico that I didn't take pictures of. Oh yeah, there is this too, a guilty pleasure. From burger king, the tripleta. its shaved beef like cheesesteak at the bottom, followed by ham, potato sticks, then bacon, topped with mayo, lettuce and tomato. Only available in Puerto rico.

testosteronet

testosteronet

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the pics! I like the label that says "some other organs". Haha, classic!

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You don't really look the fat Easy. I've been cutting calories also, was down to around 1250-1400 the past couple weeks. This week I'm moving though and have to take some time off the gym. Plus have to find a new gym. I go a bit nuts on my carb ups also, nothing wrong with that.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You're lucky to have only gained 12-13 pounds. You're routine looks similar to mine, and I like your log so far. Maybe watching your log will help me kick my ass into gear, find a new gym, move furniture up and downstairs, and leap tall buildings in a single bound. Hopefully anyway.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah, for being 45, I don't feel bad. Its just relative to where I was last summer, i'm fat :)

testosteronet

testosteronet

Awards
  • Established
yeah, for being 45, I don't feel bad. Its just relative to where I was last summer, i'm fat :)
Yep, I know the feeling. This summer is much different than last summer. Maybe next summer!

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If I didn't plan my meals around this thread, I'd be starving all day!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If I didn't plan my meals around this thread, I'd be starving all day!
I'm going to run out of things to make you hungry soon, considering I'm mostly eating solid food once a week.

last night was cheat meal since it was my wife's birthday. Nothing too totally crazy, dinner at a teppanyaki bar (Japanese hibachi steakhouse). But I ordered what I normally order a 2 meat combo, the shrimp appetizer and a sushi roll, and of course I ate everything as it hit my plate and stole a few of my wife's scallops too. This place also does both noodles and rice so I ate all that too. Woke up at 209 today which is better for a cheat, only 2lbs

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
Don't know how you do it, easy. Solid food ~1x a week. You're the man!

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've done some crazy carb ups and as long as I go back to lower calorie, low carb within 2 days I'm fine. I wouldn't worry about the extra weight gained during carb ups. It's mostly water/glycogen anyway.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How come solid food only 1 time per week?. Just a busy schedule?. I couldn't do that either. Just don't like wasting my calories on protein drinks, especially when I'm trying to cut calories. Just would rather have something that gives more satiety, that involves chewing. Only way I'd do that is if I lost all my teeth and didn't have enough money for dentures.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice to see someone close to my age and doing something similar to me. I usually don't follow logs, but I'm watching this one easy. Kind of feel guilty watching you with the strict 1500 because this week I'm moving and slacking on keeping my calories down. Forgot how stressful moving can be. Keep at Easy. I've got similar goals to you so this is interesting to me.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well, what makes the solid food once a week (I blew that this week btw) work is that it helps reduce hunger and cravings after the first few days. your stomach starts getting used to the lower fill volume and shrinking down some. And I have a little bit of solids really most days, it might be a cucumber or a banana, but not really a meal. But I blew that this weekend... Friday was the planned cheat meal, and somehow I also had half a sausage pizza Saturday, and then Sunday I cooked dinner for the family and it smelled so good I couldn't avoid eating it. 209 today but between all of that over the weekend i'm not surprised.

So for the foodies, sadly I didn't take a picture. but what dinner last night was - half a large white onion, 4 cloves of garlic sautéed in a pain under low heat. more sweated till the onions became translucent. Once they were close to clear, raised temp a little and added half a pound of Portobello mushrooms. in a separate pan stir fried up 3lbs of cubed up chicken breast. raised the temp a little higher on the onion/mushroom mix to get it to lightly frying, let it brown them a little, then added the chicken and some cream of Portobello soup. mixed veggies and rice on the side. It was such a nice solid strong mushroom smell and taste, awesome. Still can smell it in the house a little, making me hungry this morning.

testosteronet

testosteronet

Awards
  • Established
well, what makes the solid food once a week (I blew that this week btw) work is that it helps reduce hunger and cravings after the first few days. your stomach starts getting used to the lower fill volume and shrinking down some. And I have a little bit of solids really most days, it might be a cucumber or a banana, but not really a meal. But I blew that this weekend... Friday was the planned cheat meal, and somehow I also had half a sausage pizza Saturday, and then Sunday I cooked dinner for the family and it smelled so good I couldn't avoid eating it. 209 today but between all of that over the weekend i'm not surprised.

So for the foodies, sadly I didn't take a picture. but what dinner last night was - half a large white onion, 4 cloves of garlic sautéed in a pain under low heat. more sweated till the onions became translucent. Once they were close to clear, raised temp a little and added half a pound of Portobello mushrooms. in a separate pan stir fried up 3lbs of cubed up chicken breast. raised the temp a little higher on the onion/mushroom mix to get it to lightly frying, let it brown them a little, then added the chicken and some cream of Portobello soup. mixed veggies and rice on the side. It was such a nice solid strong mushroom smell and taste, awesome. Still can smell it in the house a little, making me hungry this morning.
Sounds delicious. That DCP looks like it's at least keeping the weight in check. Good work and next time, take a pic of the feast! Lol

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah, its 5 lbs in 2 weeks, and 2lbs since last Monday. And although this wasn't a single meal that was such a ludicrous cheat, it also was 3 days with a fair volume of high sodium high carb foods that definitely increased water retention. I already took 2 toilet cloggers this morning before 11am, so i'm feeling good about being back to 207 by tomorrow morning

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sounds like my weekend - spent it drinking mimosas and beer and eating total garbage. But it was the wife's and my anniversary, and that warrants some major cheat food!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds like my weekend - spent it drinking mimosas and beer and eating total garbage. But it was the wife's and my anniversary, and that warrants some major cheat food!
yep, Friday was my wife's birthday which is what started this :)

testosteronet

testosteronet

Awards
  • Established
Which reminds me...I have an anniversary coming up...major cheat food time!!! Haha

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Which reminds me...I have an anniversary coming up...major cheat food time!!! Haha
that or perhaps 4th of july weekend grilling repeatedly with friends and drinking too much beer....

Still woke up at 206 today after both eating like a pig on the 4th and yesterday! Its pretty amazing.

testosteronet

testosteronet

Awards
  • Established
that or perhaps 4th of july weekend grilling repeatedly with friends and drinking too much beer....

Still woke up at 206 today after both eating like a pig on the 4th and yesterday! Its pretty amazing.
Sounds great, I can't wait!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Whoo hoo. Down to 205 today, that's 9 lbs down off starting 22 days ago I think it was? I just need to keep it rolling like this.

testosteronet

testosteronet

Awards
  • Established
Love the progress, any chance of running another bottle and continuing the log?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Love the progress, any chance of running another bottle and continuing the log?
For sure! I was talking with Metroba about doing the video review too, but not sure if i'll have the time to do it before i'll run out of this bottle.

testosteronet

testosteronet

Awards
  • Established
Awesome, I've been enjoying these DCP logs.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, i'm really happy at how well its been working out for me. With the low calories my lifting performance (and recovery) has kind of sucked, but right now i'm not in a trying to gain size/strength phase anyhow. Its about maintaining while losing fat. If I ride out another bottle or two at this rate I'll be back to pretty lean fairly soon.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
9lbs in 22 days? sweet!
and the best part is i'm not particularly hungry and i'm not stimmed out and nauseous too like with some fat burners. Got a second bottle ordered from Nutra, should be here tomorrow so I can continue the log onwards.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
still at 205, but I've also been incorporating more solid food into daily diet, so that's a plus. a burger for lunch yesterday, and salmon for dinner. Looks pretty well like i'll hit my goal of 10lbs by Monday/4 weeks!

testosteronet

testosteronet

Awards
  • Established
still at 205, but I've also been incorporating more solid food into daily diet, so that's a plus. a burger for lunch yesterday, and salmon for dinner. Looks pretty well like i'll hit my goal of 10lbs by Monday/4 weeks!
Awesome progress. If you can get another 10lbs with the next bottle that would be sweet.

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
Just keep your eye on the prize brotha. You've been doing great!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
was at 207 this morning :( but yesterday was cheat day. Didn't so much eat anything too bad, but did eat a lot. Its only noon, and I've had 2 toilet cloggers already and feel like its time for a third. So pretty sure tomorrow will be back to 205, maybe 204.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I had to have eaten a pound of pistachios alone.

testosteronet

testosteronet

Awards
  • Established
15 lbs yet? Where's those ripped pictures?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll try to take some tomorrow morning. At 205 now, the work trip and weekend after was sort of a disaster. Never ended up with time to hit the gym, and the place I was at brought in lunch so I ate what was there. Then Saturday was a 3 1/2 hour each way drive to pick up my daughter from a junior ROTC leadership training camp, so more bad eating on the road. Still, ready to hit it hard again now!