Getting my sex life back

brassmonkey

Awards
For the last year or so, I have not been getting any morning wood, my erections of late are only half. I can still ejaculate, but I just can't seem to get a good solid erection. 29 yrs. old, no drugs, no drinking, eat extremely health and workout daily. Other symptoms are I never seem to get a full restful nights sleep, as I seem to wake up every hour or couple of hours and then go right back to sleep, but never straight sleep, very low libido and I have been getting tons on injuries lately that just don't seem to go away- like I turned old over night. I was on antidepressants for 10 years and thought that was maybe the problem, have been off for about 6 months with no gain in libido or improved erections. I went to an endocrinologist and had blood work done. Mostly everything came back normal except for my AST (SGOT) was high-65, ALT (SGPT) was high 100 and overall cholesterol was low-139. I had varicocele surgery in 98. I have an appt. with a urologist in about a month. Just looking for some possiblilities, answers or recommendations. Thanks in advance.

Megazoid

Awards
You might be interested in checking out our thread on varicoceles. Most likely this is your problem. I have spoken with about 5/6 men that had varicocele sugery and all of them now have low testosterone. I had varicoceles myself (bi-lateral) and now have low t. I also got the operation to fix it and so far have seen little improvements.

Can you post up your full blood work? Are your testicles both normal sized or did you have atrophy before/after the varicocele operation? Which surgical procedure did you have done to repair the varicoceles?

Megazoid

Awards
The last post looked really negative when i read it back. Basically if your LH/FSH are still normal then your nut's are capable of putting out at least something and producing sperm.

This means TRT + HCG is always an option and alot of men get on great using this combination. I need to get more blood work done myself before i start this but i am looking forward to reaping the health benefits of it.

brassmonkey

Awards
left nut is atrophied compared to the right

Test Total is 573
Prolactin 9.9
Sex Horm. B-Glob 36

Megazoid

Awards
Which one had the varicocele or was it bi-lateral? How atrophied is your nut? Is at least one nut "normal"? Your SHBG is high which indicates you could have estridol/estrogen dominence. How do you feel taking ZMA/DIM for lowering E2?

Your total T isn't too bad but your free t could be low which could be giving you the problems.

jaydee

Awards
  • Established
What anti-depressants were you on? When did the problems start? Or was it a gradual decline?

brassmonkey

Awards
Left side varicocele. Sometimes I feel the "worms" really bad and other times not hardly at all. I have taken ZMA in the past with no real noticable results, but it has been a while. I would try DIM, or anything else at this point.

brassmonkey

Awards
mainly Celexa and it has been a gradual decline. For the last couple years, my sex drive has been really low, then I meet a girl and it goes up.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Your missing the two of the most important numbers for your test. Free testosterone and estradoil. Without knowing those, its difficult to say whats going on. Trying to figure out anything without those is like finding a needle, in a needle stack :fool2:

Megazoid

Awards
I am confused brassmonkey :) You say you can feel the "bag of worms" but you said you had varicocele surgery so i am assuming they should have removed this? I had varicocele embolization done and i no longer feel anything through the scrotum (no swelling, or anything). Is your left nut atrophied really bad? Does it feel soft/hard?

How are erections for solo sessions? Hard to get, maintain, etc?

It sound's like the reason for your peaks and valleys is due to to the varicocele, they have caused a very similar effect to myself. TRT + HCG might be worth while but i feel more blood work is needed before going ahead with this.

brassmonkey

Awards
Sometimes I feel the worms and sometimes I don't. Solo erections are like half mass and hard to maintain. My left nut is a little atrophied compared to the right and is about the same hardness.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established

Test Total is 573
Prolactin 9.9
Sex Horm. B-Glob 36
Get Albumin, E2 and DHT

I assume your albumin is 4.3
I calculate your FreeT and BAT using
Free & Bioavailable Testosterone calculator
Free Testosterone=11.7 ng/dL = 2.05 %=117pg/mL
Bioavailable Testosterone=275 ng/dL = 48 %

Depending on E2 and DHT level, you may still function erection vise.
First pass look there.
After you get that in order, try to get your FreeT to about 160.
You may want to check into some SHBG lovering stuff.
Check your adrenals (including DHEAs) and thyroid other than good health it may help in your T production.
Other advice you have got, still apply.
HCG keeps size of balls, but if you want to became father you will need FSH.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
For the last year or so, I have not been getting any morning wood, my erections of late are only half. I can still ejaculate, but I just can't seem to get a good solid erection. 29 yrs. old, no drugs, no drinking, eat extremely health and workout daily. Other symptoms are I never seem to get a full restful nights sleep, as I seem to wake up every hour or couple of hours and then go right back to sleep, but never straight sleep, very low libido and I have been getting tons on injuries lately that just don't seem to go away- like I turned old over night. I was on antidepressants for 10 years and thought that was maybe the problem, have been off for about 6 months with no gain in libido or improved erections. I went to an endocrinologist and had blood work done. Mostly everything came back normal except for my AST (SGOT) was high-65, ALT (SGPT) was high 100 and overall cholesterol was low-139. I had varicocele surgery in 98. I have an appt. with a urologist in about a month. Just looking for some possiblilities, answers or recommendations. Thanks in advance.
CONCENTRATE ON YOUR LIVER.
Many doctors give anti-depressants instead of working on adrenals, thyroid and androgens. You may want to contact Dr Marianco on the other board.
You may want to use your newly found urologist (or any willing doctor able/willing to write legal script) as a go between when talking with Dr Marianco if you are unable to make trip to his office.

Le Magazine, November 2003 - Report: A Comprehensive Guide To Preventative Blood Testing
Hepato-biliary
Abnormal levels of protein/albumin/globulin, albumin/globulin ratio, bilirubin, alkaline phosphatase, lactic dehydrogenase (LDH), AST (SGOT), ALT (SGPT), iron, cholesterol, and cholesterol lipoproteins are indications of potential liver/biliary problems. These may include liver damage induced by alcohol or drug use, liver cancer, or obstruction of the bile duct, among others. Together, ALT and AST allow for differential diagnosis of disorders associated with the hepato-biliary system and the pancreas. High levels of alkaline phosphatase may also indicate abnormally high levels of vitamin D.

brassmonkey

Awards
JanSz- you seem to be pretty knowledgeable on the matter at hand. My Albumin is 4.4, so your calculations are pretty good. From your posts, I need to elevate my free test. Should I try getting a prescription for TRT, or go with natural supplements. If natural supplements are the choice, do you have any recommendations? Also, once you get the free test up, how can I maintain those numbers? I am going to do a liver detox. I'll ask the urologist to run some blood work for E2 and DHT and DHEAs. My Free T4 is 1.27 and TSH is 1.710. Is there anything I am forgetting or anything that you further recommend? Thanks in advance.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
JanSz- you seem to be pretty knowledgeable on the matter at hand. My Albumin is 4.4, so your calculations are pretty good. From your posts, I need to elevate my free test. Should I try getting a prescription for TRT, or go with natural supplements. If natural supplements are the choice, do you have any recommendations? Also, once you get the free test up, how can I maintain those numbers? I am going to do a liver detox. I'll ask the urologist to run some blood work for E2 and DHT and DHEAs. My Free T4 is 1.27 and TSH is 1.710. Is there anything I am forgetting or anything that you further recommend? Thanks in advance.
FreeT3,
But first get your liver working.
Do not waste your time with liver detox, at least for now.
Get complete blood test, not just some test.
Better yet either go by my previous post or drop everything you do and check with Dr John. $300 is not going to make you poor, you will find what is up.

If it sounds urgent, then you got what I feel.
-----
I am not a doctor, so take my advice with grain of Sea Salt.

brassmonkey

Awards
I have an appointment Feb 28th, but would like to get some solutions sooner. Should I cancel my appt. with my urologist and give Dr. John a try? How do I go about contacting Dr. John? Thanks again, you have been incredibly helpful.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I have an appointment Feb 28th, but would like to get some solutions sooner. Should I cancel my appt. with my urologist and give Dr. John a try? How do I go about contacting Dr. John? Thanks again, you have been incredibly helpful.
Everything you need to work with Dr John is below. It is a letter I got from his executive Assistant.
=================
Hi Jan,

My name is Kim and I am Dr. Crisler’s Executive Assistant. In order for Dr. Crisler to dispense medical advice for treatment you must be a part of our practice. I would be happy to answer all of the questions that I can for you about becoming a patient with us.

There are two methods with which you may become a part of our practice. You may schedule an appointment with us if you are local.

You may also schedule a day trip, which many of our patients from out of state prefer. We keep our mid-day appointments open for these occasions. You can fly into our airport, which is only 15 minutes from our office. We will arrange for a cab company (that will give you a discounted rate) to have a driver there at your time of arrival.

To expedite your time in the waiting room, you can visit our website at AllThingsMale.com and go to Online Forms. Print and fill out the Medical History form and the Consent to Treat form and forward them to us via fax or mail. You may bring them with you as well. The Consultation takes between 1 and 1 1/2 hour, and the cost is $300.

The lab requisition form will go with you and may be done at your lab of choice. The prescription(s) may be filled at the pharmacies that we use or may also go with you to your pharmacy of choice.

Follow up care will be scheduled accordingly, the cost of an office visit is $50.

Follow up care may be done virtually for those of you from out of town/state with Virtual Office Visits (VOV’s)to discuss your lab results, and treatment regimen. Payment for a VOV is $50 as well, and may be taken care of via order form (found on the website under online forms) or telephone. We accept Mastercard and Visa or a check if you prefer.

In order to treat you virtually without an in house initial consultation, Dr. Crisler will need to go through your primary care physician. This can be done by having your doctor call and confer with Dr. Crisler about your situation. If your doctor is willing, you could perhaps set up a conference call so that you could be a part of the initial consultation. All conversations, recommendations, labs etc. would be copied to you. Once you have a primary care physician to work with us, you may go ahead and fill out the Medical History form and the Consent to Treat form and forward these two forms so that we may start a file for you here. You will also need to fill out and forward the online order form for the $300 Consultation fee. All labs and prescriptions will have to be written by your primary care doctor per Dr. Crisler's recommendations. Follow up care from Dr. Crisler will be charged as an office visit the cost of $50 per consult.

Preliminary labwork need not be done. Dr. Crisler has his own set of labs tailored to your specific needs. However, any records that you feel are pertinent to your current health may be forwarded, or brought with you.

As far as insurance coverage goes, we do not accept insurance here in the office for Dr. Crisler’s services. We do provide you with a receipt that you may submit to your insurance company. Most of our patients report that their labwork and prescriptions are covered, depending on their individual coverage and provider.

If you have any further questions, feel free to contact me at [email protected], or phone the office (517)485-4424. Have a great afternoon, Kim

KSman

KSman

Awards
  • Established
Basically if your LH/FSH are still normal then your nut's are capable of putting out at least something and producing sperm.
It means that the HP part of the HPTA is calling for T production, but the testes have to be in working order to get results. If they are not, then the HP part of the HPTA can create higher than normal levels of LH in an effort to compensate.

KSman

KSman

Awards
  • Established

Test Total is 573
Prolactin 9.9
Sex Horm. B-Glob 36
I do not know what the reference ranges are for prolactin. But if its high, that would explain the low libido and ED. If high, it is a known condition that can be treated to reduce the levels. It goes high after orgasm and that is why one can't get it up after sex for a while.

SHBG production is driven up by higher E levels.

Dr Liftalot

Dr Liftalot

Awards
  • Established
I do not know what the reference ranges are for prolactin. But if its high, that would explain the low libido and ED. If high, it is a known condition that can be treated to reduce the levels. It goes high after orgasm and that is why one can't get it up after sex for a while.

SHBG production is driven up by higher E levels.

So would that mean one has very low prolactin, because I can get a painful hard-on after sex as well.

(But being 22 might have something to do with it as well)