getting my flex on with formutech flexible

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
That's a serious circuit!!! I should do a circuit training day, the HIIT aspect of it would be a nice addition to my routine
yeah I don't really care for cardio and this gets my heart rate way up.

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
got a delt session in last night at home. drank my flexible cocktail prior to workout. need to saturate my muscles with that, so I mixed it with grape crystal light to help cut the sweetness.

circuit 3 sets of 10 reps after the strain began( when it started to hurt I started counting)

seated front raises
bentover raises
rear delt fyes
ez bar front raises
barbell press
straight arm pushdowns using long bar on cable machine

dumbbells were 25's ez bar at 45

shoulder gave me some pain near the end .

I am also doing a30 day Spartan Ab Challenge with the operation Enduring Warrior Foundation - 30 reps a day of any ab exercise. so I am going over just to tear my abs up more.
30 reps each
windshield wipers
crunches(elevated)
sit ups
figure eights

situps seized my back up when I went to bed so I will probably leave them out and add something else.
got my youngest girl doing this with me but I have her doing 10 each burpees, crunches, leg lifts and torso lifts, she is aching!

off today and tomorrow probably hit it again fathers Day .

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice ab training. Will have to look up that ab challenge as we all need more core training. Very nice to hear your daughter is joining you. We all need to get this current generation fit and trim.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yeah I don't really care for cardio and this gets my heart rate way up.
I hear you there! The only cardio I do is a (very) occasional short run or about 45minutes on the treadmill at a 15% incline while watching a movie on my tablet lol

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I hear you there! The only cardio I do is a (very) occasional short run or about 45minutes on the treadmill at a 15% incline while watching a movie on my tablet lol
Swanks, you have a rug rat, well actually 2...who needs cardio (LOL)

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Swanks, you have a rug rat, well actually 2...who needs cardio (LOL)
lol, true enough, my friend! Still need a little extra if I'm going to stay lean with an appetite like mine haha

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
This is so me

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
chefbo

chefbo

Awards
Got In a father's day leg and bicep session
4/8-10
Leg curls
Extensions
Presses
Calf raises and presses
Incline db curls
Cable kickbacks
Standing bicep curls
Cable triceps extensions
Had the place all to myself. Veinage is awesome! !!!!!

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Got In a father's day leg and bicep session 4/8-10 Leg curls Extensions Presses Calf raises and presses Incline db curls Cable kickbacks Standing bicep curls Cable triceps extensions Had the place all to myself. Veinage is awesome! !!!!!
How was your Father's Day man ? Hope you had a great one!

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
super the wife and kids took care of me and let me do as I pleased!

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
super the wife and kids took care of me and let me do as I pleased!
You must have either really young or older kids. My 10 and 7 yr old were ok for a while but of course had to fight at one point with saying I hate you to the other......

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
Drinking my flexible every evening before training is helping my joints. My shoulder has its own issues.
Got in a triceps workout in tonight putting that blood where it needs go to grow.
Supersets
Db skullcrusher
Pushdowns
French curls
Kickbacks
Tried close grip db bench but my shoulder wouldn't have it.
Got to know my limit.
Good overall workout and pump.
Oh I finished with reverse curls 5 second hold and 3 second decent.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Damn fine workout

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Drinking my flexible every evening before training is helping my joints. My shoulder has its own issues.
Got in a triceps workout in tonight putting that blood where it needs go to grow.
Supersets
Db skullcrusher
Pushdowns
French curls
Kickbacks
Tried close grip db bench but my shoulder wouldn't have it.
Got to know my limit.
Good overall workout and pump.
Oh I finished with reverse curls 5 second hold and 3 second decent.
nice work Chef! How long do your workouts usually run?

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Killing it as usual Chefbo! My joints are in need of Flexible!

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It's definitely a no brainer as my boss would say

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
nice work Chef! How long do your workouts usually run?
Usually around 45 minutes. Limited rest. I have used this hiit style frequently used by Dorian Yates and it hasn't lwt me down. No matter if I do gvt or supersets the rest stays the same.maximum overload.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Usually around 45 minutes. Limited rest. I have used this hiit style frequently used by Dorian Yates and it hasn't lwt me down. No matter if I do gvt or supersets the rest stays the same.maximum overload.
Sounds pretty hardcore!!

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I am of the same mindset.....45 mins to 1 1/2 hrs depeding on cardio day or not. Quick burst, little rest

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
What's the latest and greatest in here?

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
Vacation time
Full body workout this morning then a day of boogie biardi ng and water parks with four kids. Ca anyone say cardio!

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Vacation time
Full body workout this morning then a day of boogie biardi ng and water parks with four kids. Ca anyone say cardio!
Where did you go?

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Nice I need a vaca

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Vacation time Full body workout this morning then a day of boogie biardi ng and water parks with four kids. Ca anyone say cardio!
That sounds like a blast!!

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Cape Cod - 1 week away.....cant wait!!!

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
30 days away for me

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
chefbo

chefbo

Awards
Got in a light workout this morning. Testing out the shoulder . Didn't push it because it gave me such a time. On vacation. Mri Wednesday to determine damage and extent of the surgery. Not going to hit it too hsrd til I find out more. Took my flexible muxer prior to workout but was without it for six days. Joints hurt quite a bit from all the wave action we were into.had a blast while i was gone.

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Good luck. How are your legs? If they are lacking this is a great time to focus on them having a bum shoulder and all.

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
Good luck. How are your legs? If they are lacking this is a great time to focus on them having a bum shoulder and all.
Thats the plan I should be able to get one in Saturday. The gym is closed tomorrow and tonight is out because of 4th activities. I need to win the lottery so I can buy me sone equipment for here.

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
Gonna try for Saturday. Tonight's shot due to fourth activities. Going after a trap back workout noe in the basement. Need to win the lottery to set up my own home gym.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Gonna try for Saturday. Tonight's shot due to fourth activities. Going after a trap back workout noe in the basement. Need to win the lottery to set up my own home gym.
Lol if you win remember us little people

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
That's the benefit of a home gym. It's never closed

Peppers

Peppers

Banned
Awards
image-3855477876.jpg

Craiglist $400 everything you see, minus the dip bar attachments I bought for $32. Great investment for when my gym is packed.

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
Did upper body yesterday. Mainly traps and upper back.
Overhead shrugs
Regular shrugs
Drag curls
Pullups
Pushdowns
Bentover rows
3x10-failure
Still tending the rotator muscles.
Neck is sore as hell today.
No off to the pool to enjoy the start of the fourth. Happy fourth iron brethren.!

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
money is so hard to come by that is almost a vacation for us. maybe someday. i even got a huge promotion and still it does nothing to help us financially. but no use complaining it is what it is.

now on to more positive things, finally got back to doing something that resembles a workout. kind of a full body or multi body one. been off the flex for acouple days and i am sore as hell.keep forgetting what it was like the last time . as soon as i came off i started aching everywhere .

drag curls 60 for 4 sets 10
db rows 25's 4 sets 20
bentover rows on ez curl-4 sets 10 at 60
close db bench press 4 sets 15
superset withh flys got 3 sets before the shoulder kicked in.
seated db curls 4sets 10
zottman curls 3 sets 10
leg extensions 108 3 sets 25
ball crunches 60
knee ins on the ball 2 sets 10

we did nothing yesterday but lay on our butts. completely wore out form all the fourth activites. kids don't even want to go to the pool until later today . maybe some archery and target practice outside after lunch . one more day of vacation until november or shoulder surgery whichever comes first.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
money is so hard to come by that is almost a vacation for us. maybe someday. i even got a huge promotion and still it does nothing to help us financially. but no use complaining it is what it is. now on to more positive things, finally got back to doing something that resembles a workout. kind of a full body or multi body one. been off the flex for acouple days and i am sore as hell.keep forgetting what it was like the last time . as soon as i came off i started aching everywhere . drag curls 60 for 4 sets 10 db rows 25's 4 sets 20 bentover rows on ez curl-4 sets 10 at 60 close db bench press 4 sets 15 superset withh flys got 3 sets before the shoulder kicked in. seated db curls 4sets 10 zottman curls 3 sets 10 leg extensions 108 3 sets 25 ball crunches 60 knee ins on the ball 2 sets 10 we did nothing yesterday but lay on our butts. completely wore out form all the fourth activites. kids don't even want to go to the pool until later today . maybe some archery and target practice outside after lunch . one more day of vacation until november or shoulder surgery whichever comes first.
Good workout man! I hear ya on the cash situation. I'm about to try to sell a bunch of weights and a power rack. My divorce has me strapped for cash and I have nowhere to put the equipment so I need to part with it all :/

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Money makes the world go round and it sucks

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
chefbo

chefbo

Awards
getting back in the gym for the first time since the surgery on my shoulder and bicep. nothing on that arm since i haven't even started physical therapy yet. its been one onthe since i had it done and still have limited range of motion. long way to go yet. started flexible this morning to see if it would have any effect on recovery and i will log the results as i continue this thread . i know it is overdue but ya'll understand. cardip first on the bike for thirty minutes then an all around workout full body as ii can. just gonna walk my way back into it . probably alot of machines to take the stress off having to involve the shoulder any. just wanted to touch base and let you know i was still out there and alive.