General questions about a combo of supplements being safe>>

Bow

Awards
Hello,

Not sure if this forum is the right place for my questions but I'm trying to find out general info from someone knowledgeable with supplement combinations- what's safe what's not what is most beneficial together etc.

I started taking acetyl l carnitine, l tyrosine, alpha lipolic acid and omega fish oil together on an empty stomach mornings and nights. I started doing this after reading many benefits of these supplements but I don't necessarily know if they are an ok mix or if I need to add anything to help them function better.

Most of all I don't want to be taking an unsafe combo!

Thanks for your help.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Generally, with supplements (which are based on natural substances) - you can pretty much combine anything from a safety standpoint. Stimulants are the one area where you want to be careful, and that is more from a dosage (amount) stand-point, as most are synergistic with each other. If I had to make a broad-brush recco, to apply to the entire planet generally, it would be don't combine Beta 2 Agonists (Ephedrine) with Alpha 2 Antagonists (Yohimbine HCL) - but even then, millions are fine with that combo.

There are greater chances that a combination will just cancel out some benefits of one or more - wasting money.

For your particular combo the ALCAR and Tyrosine are fine in the morning (those are popular in a lot of so called "fat burners"), but while not stimulants, they can increase alertness - I wouldn't take them before bed.

ALA is an Anti-Oxidant and has Glucose disposal properties (probably one of the best, along with Berberine) - you would probably want to take this before carbohydrate meals if looking for GD. Don't take with Eggs (especially raw) or Coconut Oil (MCTs) per Examine.com. Can be taken fasted though, if just wanting AO action, but be wary of blood sugar drop.

I would take Fish Oil with food, personally, but it probably doesn't matter.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
^seconded

That stack is good to go

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
There is nothing in that stack that can negatively effect you.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looks like The_Old_Guy covered you! You're g2g.

pistonsgirl

Awards
No negatives to that stack whatsoever! My buddy that's a powerlifter uses all of those individualized together as well as a few others! Good to go!

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Great looking stack!!! Nothing at all to be worried about

jackedjimbean

Awards
The_Old_Guy gave you the 411 on otc natural supplement stacks.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Good looking stack OP.. Enjoy the run!