GDAs, does one ingredient hinder another's effectiveness?

Em3

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I currently have a stash of 4 different ingredients, individually dosed, for use as a GDA/NP.

Na-R-Ala
Agmatine Sulfate
Ceylon Cinnamon
Banaba Extract (2% Corsolic)

I normally only take these supplements to help with cheat meals/meals higher in carbs than normal. Essentially if bulking, consuming 80g+ of carbs in the next 1.5 hour window.

I was considering taking of the 4 supplements daily, per month, and switching to a different supplement the next month while still have the other 3 for cheat meals when needed.

As example, month 1 dosing Cinnamon twice daily and having the other 3 for heavy carb meals. Month 2 dosing Na-R-Ala twice daily and the other 3 for heavy carb meals.

My question is will dosing, for example, the Cinnamon daily for a month reduce the effectiveness of the other 3 supplements the following month?

Was looking for a way to essentially cycle each supplement while still using another effectively.

At max dosage I take Na-R-Ala 300mg twice a day, Agmatine 1000mg twice a day, have yet to determine the Cinnamon and Banaba doses. Ceylon Cinnamon is 600mg pills and the Banaba is 2% corsolic at 60mg per pill (read to aim for max of 15mg corsolic daily).

Superload

Superload

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I currently have a stash of 4 different ingredients, individually dosed, for use as a GDA/NP.

Na-R-Ala
Agmatine Sulfate
Ceylon Cinnamon
Banaba Extract (2% Corsolic)

I normally only take these supplements to help with cheat meals/meals higher in carbs than normal. Essentially if bulking, consuming 80g+ of carbs in the next 1.5 hour window.

I was considering taking of the 4 supplements daily, per month, and switching to a different supplement the next month while still have the other 3 for cheat meals when needed.

As example, month 1 dosing Cinnamon twice daily and having the other 3 for heavy carb meals. Month 2 dosing Na-R-Ala twice daily and the other 3 for heavy carb meals.

My question is will dosing, for example, the Cinnamon daily for a month reduce the effectiveness of the other 3 supplements the following month?

Was looking for a way to essentially cycle each supplement while still using another effectively.

At max dosage I take Na-R-Ala 300mg twice a day, Agmatine 1000mg twice a day, have yet to determine the Cinnamon and Banaba doses. Ceylon Cinnamon is 600mg pills and the Banaba is 2% corsolic at 60mg per pill (read to aim for max of 15mg corsolic daily).
If you have the money why limit yourself to taking only a few at a time? I haven't heard that any become less effective overtime, but if I'm wrong please correct me. Personally tho I haven't seen any studies that show any of the ingredients contradicting each other, and overall together your just encouraging a healthier long term blood glucose level

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Is there a reason you want to cycle the ingredients? It would be easier and more cost effective to buy a GDA that includes all of these ingredients, and use it daily as needed before carb meals. Splitting up the ingredients and rotating them weekly/monthly won't be any more effective or efficient IMO.

jmero2

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As John said, there are multiple really effective gda's on the market at the moment, my personal favorite is glycoshield.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Never personally used glycoshield yet, but I've heard good things. My personal recommendation would be Slinmax, which contains all of the ingredients mentioned by OP:

Na-R-Ala - 250mg
Agmatine Sulfate - 750mg
Cinnamon (Cassia) - 100mg
Banaba Extract (2% Corsolic) - 100mg
+ other great GDA ingredients

jmero2

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Never personally used glycoshield yet, but I've heard good things. My personal recommendation would be Slinmax, which contains all of the ingredients mentioned by OP:

Na-R-Ala - 250mg
Agmatine Sulfate - 750mg
I like that product as well

Em3

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Is there a reason you want to cycle the ingredients? It would be easier and more cost effective to buy a GDA that includes all of these ingredients, and use it daily as needed before carb meals. Splitting up the ingredients and rotating them weekly/monthly won't be any more effective or efficient IMO.

Na-R-Ala - 250mg
Agmatine Sulfate - 750mg
I'm pretty sure it is more cost effective to get single ingredients and dose, since I'm pretty sure no GDA has the items at optimal/max dosage nor allows the flexibility of dosing based on carb quantity.

I for one don't want slinmax because I do not want to take Berberine. Don't feel like worrying about its possible negative interactions with muscle building, regardless of how big or small they may be. Also slinmax uses Cassia cinnamon which is harmful for us in moderate doses, not sure how that even made it in there. Though the cinnamon dosage is absurdly small, same with the Banaba.

There reason I want to cycle ingredients is what I posted in my 1st post. Not to develop a tolerance to a single ingredient and be able to take them consistently.

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Exercising is a good GDA. Also, feeling so guilty about a cheat meal you have to take a pill to make you feel better about it?

Em3

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Exercising is a good GDA. Also, feeling so guilty about a cheat meal you have to take a pill to make you feel better about it?
Congratulations on making a complete **** post. Came in to a thread just to talk ****? Do you also go into every muscle building supplement thread and say weight lifting is good strength development?

Back to your cave troll

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Congratulations on making a complete **** post. Came in to a thread just to talk ****? Do you also go into every muscle building supplement thread and say weight lifting is good strength development?

Back to your cave troll
I didn’t come in to talk ****, I was being dead serious. I’m sorry I don’t get your point, weight lifting would make you stronger??

I’m not trying to troll just wondering why you’re putting so much thought into GDAs. Kinda useless. And shouldn’t be used to control guilt, especially over a meal.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I’m not trying to troll just wondering why you’re putting so much thought into GDAs. Kinda useless.
This.

Are GDA's helpful? Yes. But I feel like you are overthinking this a bit with your approach. I would just stick to using all of the ingredients for your heavy carb meals, and don't overthink your process with cycling each one each month. And to Rockzilla 's comment - consistent exercise is the best GDA and a much bigger part of the picture than splitting hairs over cinnamon and agmatine.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I agree with some suggestions in this thread. I am all for saving money when possible, but it is a pain in the butt to try and make your own supplements with ingredients. Not to mention, some of these ingredients, Na-R-ala for example, tastes like ass. So if you don't cap it, you will not enjoy it.

SlinMax
Glycophase
Glychoshield

Those are my suggestions. Stock up when they are on sale.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
GreenMachineX Supplements 14
GreenMachineX Supplements 38
Mathb33 Anabolics 6
ELROCK Supplement Auction 7
Supplements 11