Gaming

LiftingTins

Awards
Have any gamers here? I'm sure I'm not the only gym junkie who plays for a couple hours post workout while feasting away.

Computer Games: Diablo 3, Starcraft 1 & 2, LoL

Xbox: really any and all sports or shooting game
D3 RoS. Addicted. Alex#11263 America - Mainly play HC

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
Hey guys. If you feel like helping a brother out, download Vigilante 2: Rise of John Doe from the App Store. It's free and it was made by my brothers company. I know a few of you played the first one, this is the single player version. It's cool and it is really important that we get a many people to sign up in the first 24 hours. It may not blow you guys away but it definitely has a few cool features. Thanks!

Direct iTunes link:
https://m.facebook.com/l.php?u=https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vigilante-2-rise-of-john-doe/id832866234&h=vAQEufDgr&s=1

Attachments

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Just picked up a 360, finally, looking forward to catching up on all the games I missed.

Oscar

Oscar

Awards
  • Established
Also just got a 360 every ps3 I've owened has ended up having some feature just give out on me

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Im about to preorder the new wolfenstien game from bestbuy. I hate bestbuy, but they have $20 rewards back after preorder purchase and you get a free collectalbe Panzerhud!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/video-games/wolfenstein-the-new-order/pcmcat327500050002.c?id=pcmcat327500050002&pageType=REDIRECT&issolr=1&searchterm=wolfenstein the new order

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/video-games/wolfenstein-the-new-order/pcmcat327500050002.c?id=pcmcat327500050002&pageType=REDIRECT&issolr=1&searchterm=wolfenstein%20the%20new%20order

Just make sure you read the fine print, and I would order in store, and keep copies of everything.

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
I avoid preordering any triple-A games. I've been wronged too many times.

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
I avoid preordering any triple-A games. I've been wronged too many times.
Explain please, Im new to this whole game thing, I only just bought an xbox 360, had a wii, but never bought any games for it.

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
Explain please, Im new to this whole game thing, I only just bought an xbox 360, had a wii, but never bought any games for it.
It's just become so commonplace in the triple A game industry (large developers and big studios) to release trailers and information that the game will never ever be able to actually live up to. But we see a trailer with amazing features and graphics and then we preorder, only to find out months later when it releases that they've cut corners and downgraded graphics. Then they justify it with these preorder bonuses. Yeah sometimes the bonuses are cool, and sometimes you'd probably buy the game anyways even if you knew it was downgraded. But for that reason I avoid preorders. It just seems scummy to me.

Except I do preorder indie games, because sometimes they don't get released unless they generate enough interest.

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
It's just become so commonplace in the triple A game industry (large developers and big studios) to release trailers and information that the game will never ever be able to actually live up to. But we see a trailer with amazing features and graphics and then we preorder, only to find out months later when it releases that they've cut corners and downgraded graphics. Then they justify it with these preorder bonuses. Yeah sometimes the bonuses are cool, and sometimes you'd probably buy the game anyways even if you knew it was downgraded. But for that reason I avoid preorders. It just seems scummy to me.

Except I do preorder indie games, because sometimes they don't get released unless they generate enough interest.
Ok. Makes sense, thanks for the info. Im an old school fan of the old old wolfenstein, so I figured after seeing the demos this one looks pretty awesome. And since bestbuy, gamestop and now walmart take used games in trade, I figured there was no risk if it sucked, I buy it, play it, finish it, trade it in for 1/2 of what I paid, but still just about break even with the $20 and the free toy.

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
Ok. Makes sense, thanks for the info. Im an old school fan of the old old wolfenstein, so I figured after seeing the demos this one looks pretty awesome. And since bestbuy, gamestop and now walmart take used games in trade, I figured there was no risk if it sucked, I buy it, play it, finish it, trade it in for 1/2 of what I paid, but still just about break even with the $20 and the free toy.
Yeah. If you're looking to build up a collection of games, check out Glyde.com They sell new and used games and they take trade-ins at a more competitive price then GameStop.

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Yeah. If you're looking to build up a collection of games, check out Glyde.com They sell new and used games and they take trade-ins at a more competitive price then GameStop.
Thanks alot for that tip, I will definitely explore that place, looks pretty cool.

I bit the bullet today, lol, couldnt hold out anymore, put 5 bucks down on the preorder of wolfenstein with 20 rewards and free toy. I can still change my mind, but this way Ive got a place holder with the preorder.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
anyone play ESO?? I've been messing around w it and I'm a vr4 DK. has it's pros and cons

Battossi

Awards
Anyone know any aggressive games in the same genre as devil may cry? Button masher, Rip your head off , and bad ass. Played god of war series, dantes inferno, devil may cry 1 2 3 and 4. (Is the new dmc worth it?) Beyonetta(odd and fun) Alice madness returns , starwars force unleashed, darksiders, prototype, jade dynasty, fable and dynasty warrior series /gundam (oddly enough...A pleasant surprise considering I liked the anime and other gundam games are ****)

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
New Unreal Tournament was announced yesterday.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Anyone know any aggressive games in the same genre as devil may cry? Button masher, Rip your head off , and bad ass. Played god of war series, dantes inferno, devil may cry 1 2 3 and 4. (Is the new dmc worth it?) Beyonetta(odd and fun) Alice madness returns , starwars force unleashed, darksiders, prototype, jade dynasty, fable and dynasty warrior series /gundam (oddly enough...A pleasant surprise considering I liked the anime and other gundam games are ****)
I had alot of fun with the newer DMC, and you can prolly get it cheap. Check out the Batman arkham games if you haven't already.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
I had alot of fun with the newer DMC, and you can prolly get it cheap. Check out the Batman arkham games if you haven't already.
X2 on the Arkham Game.

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Im gonna check out all the above mentioned games, thanks for the tips.

NueroJohn

NueroJohn

Awards
Not sure if it's been mentioned, but I finished Bioshock infinite recently and have to day hands down one of my favorite games. The actual game play kinda felt recycled but I loved the story.

AlexErdellan

AlexErdellan

Awards
  • Established
I'm addicted to Brave Frontier on my android lately.. I have Tales of Xillia which is great on the PS3 but I keep neglecting it to play brave frontier lmao. If anyone wants to try it out you can put in my friend code, I have high level units you can use as allies in battle and you'll get a metal god to level up one of your units .

5818534560 is the code, it goes under special. Be warned, this game is extremely addictive. But it makes riding the cardio bike tolerable lmao.

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
Not sure if it's been mentioned, but I finished Bioshock infinite recently and have to day hands down one of my favorite games. The actual game play kinda felt recycled but I loved the story.
For me all the bioshocks have been weak gameplay. Great story and beautiful scenery. But terrible mechanics. Idk. I never was completely sold on em. But as an ayn rand fan, I dig the story and world.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Just started Assassins creed three super sick so far

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Haven't played yet. Have it wrapped. Better then Mediterranean defence...er..revelations right?
Actually it's the first AC game that I have played

Battossi

Awards
Actually it's the first AC game that I have played
1 is awesome but relying to much on stealth. 2 is awesome. Ezio from 2 and brotherhood is my fav. Revelations however...great story line. The defence game was a nice addition but more of a chore than a help. The strategic battles with assassins were great. The area was bland to me. Seeing as it's in my opinion the worst of the assassin creed series is saying alot. Given the games I've beaten. It's still enjoyable unlike other additions to series *looks at Kotor 2 and dragon age 2*

Still have yet to beat black flag , ac3 and the liberation.

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
Kotor 2 was great. And dragon age 2 was recycled, but still fun. Rushed, but fun. Makes me very hopeful for 3.

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Anybody play fallout 3, is it worth playing, Im bored with the intro/first part of the game, tell me if it gets better?

NueroJohn

NueroJohn

Awards
Anybody play fallout 3, is it worth playing, Im bored with the intro/first part of the game, tell me if it gets better?
Fallout 3 is an all time great, in my opinion. Its a top ten along with skyrim.

NueroJohn

NueroJohn

Awards
For me all the bioshocks have been weak gameplay. Great story and beautiful scenery. But terrible mechanics. Idk. I never was completely sold on em. But as an ayn rand fan, I dig the story and world.
I agree, engaging story and characters but gameplay left some to be desired. I still enjoyed them though and Bioshock Infinite holds its place for me. I really think the story was that good, Elizabeth nailed it home.

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
Depends what is boring you. It's a beautiful game with a super interesting world. But that's about it. No substance in the gameplay.

Devildog_

Devildog_

Awards
Playing Mass Effect 2 for the third run through of the series

Devildog_

Devildog_

Awards
So do I. Credentials? My new game + 50 soldier, engineer and infiltrator. If you're going to buy a dlc pack I highly suggest shadow broker.
Haven't looked into the dlc yet I'm playing through as a vanguard at this point. Definitely agree about 2 being the best the whole collector story line is. Badass

Battossi

Awards
Haven't looked into the dlc yet I'm playing through as a vanguard at this point. Definitely agree about 2 being the best the whole collector story line is. Badass
The elusive man is a superb villan. Them eyes. That voice. Villan.

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
Witcher 3 press conference was this morning.

25% bigger world than skyrim. Much more complex storylines and combat system. Smoother transitions from night and day. Incredible engine with very advanced AI. 100+ hours of gameplay. This is it people. RPG gamers, if you havent played the witcher series yet, start!

http://youtu.be/rlpcsCBV6d4

joeybacs

Awards
Ps4: joeybacs2 ; COD ghost, nba 2k14. Destiny soon. Advance warfare soon
Starcraft 2 PC
Diable 2 PC

kingOFbeers

kingOFbeers

Awards
Just upgraded to ps4.......only stick with madden and the yearly call of duty .

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
My Xbox Live GT is HerpMasta

I play alot of Battlefield 4 and GTA:Online at the moment.

Oscar

Oscar

Awards
  • Established
Been playing saints row IV on the 360 its pretty dope, played through mass effect 3 a few times recently, haven't played the first 2 but I need to, gave up on afro samurai

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
Been playing saints row IV on the 360 its pretty dope, played through mass effect 3 a few times recently, haven't played the first 2 but I need to, gave up on afro samurai
Saints row is pretty legit. IV is basically the best "super hero" game I've played lol.

My opinion is it's WAY better than GTA.

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
Saints row is pretty legit. IV is basically the best "super hero" game I've played lol.

My opinion is it's WAY better than GTA.
Really?

I like GTA better, but Saints Row is really fun.

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
Really?

I like GTA better, but Saints Row is really fun.
I just think GTA takes itself too seriously. Sometimes the missions are so implausible that it's funny to me. Saints Row doesn't even try the whole reasonable thing. It's just goofy.