Gains expected to retain after cycle

Suryaksh

Awards
I had run 5 weeks on testa e 250mg and deca 250 mg and now running tren e 150 mg and testa E 250 mg (1ml each weekly) currently in my 4 th week plan 10 week cycle. I am liking my gains getting no sides but how much of it I can expect to retain after pct.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
1-2 lbs in the end, if you're lucky. try to make sure you keep eating during PCT as that is the time most people try the oppisite and loose weight faster.

most people will tell you that you can not keep mass after the PED's are gone but I disagree in that a user should make a small amount of permenate gains. each cycle. But its true, if you gain 15 lbs and quit using PED's Its likely to mostly disappear over time even if training and nutrition are on point.

compare nick trigili after juicing for competition and now with TRT.

then just imagine what happens if you are not on TRT

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
You can eat enough food to maintain your bodyweight, but remember that a large majority of precieved gains on cycle are actually water and glycogen and mineral retention in the muscle. The longer you are off cycle the more you will loose because you cannot maintain steroid gains without steroids present in your system. Especially when ots newly built muscle. But even when you spent years building it, it will go away eventually. This is why the majority of professional bodybuilders shrink back to normal size ppl when they go back to normal diets and natural hormones.

Dave poloumbo
Screenshot_20230121-100700_Google.jpg
Screenshot_20230121-100743_Google.jpg

Dorian Yates
Screenshot_20230121-100828_Google.jpg
Screenshot_20230121-101009_Google~2.jpg

Even myself, I'm not as extreme of a example but look at my avatar picture, I cannot maintain this without being on cycle, even on trt I can't keep the roundness, definition and details but I can maintain the bodyweight or "size" but it's more fat and less muscle
IMG_20220627_211836197~2.jpg
IMG_20220806_083425907.jpg

Suryaksh

Awards
You can eat enough food to maintain your bodyweight, but remember that a large majority of precieved gains on cycle are actually water and glycogen and mineral retention in the muscle. The longer you are off cycle the more you will loose because you cannot maintain steroid gains without steroids present in your system. Especially when ots newly built muscle. But even when you spent years building it, it will go away eventually. This is why the majority of professional bodybuilders shrink back to normal size ppl when they go back to normal diets and natural hormones.

Dave poloumbo View attachment 227980View attachment 227981

Dorian Yates View attachment 227982View attachment 227983

Even myself, I'm not as extreme of a example but look at my avatar picture, I cannot maintain this without being on cycle, even on trt I can't keep the roundness, definition and details but I can maintain the bodyweight or "size" but it's more fat and less muscleView attachment 227984View attachment 227985
If your second picture represent how much you retain then I would be happy. My expectations are to retain 70-80% gains.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
If your second picture represent how much you retain then I would be happy. My expectations are to retain 70-80% gains.
The second picture is more representative of how I look naturally

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
0% is maintainable long term. If your cruzin on trt then you should be able to hold 70 to 80% of yiur gains in between cycles that are 8 to 12 weeks apart

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
One thing that's going to be very important ( the most important) to holding size in pct and between cycles is food.

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
People have a genetic limit. Steroids let you exceed that but it’s temporary. You can hold onto it for a while, or until your next cycle but not indefinitely.
You can only reallly keep the gains if you started cycling short of your genetic limit.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
In the bigger scheme of things.
People have a genetic limit. Steroids let you exceed that but it’s temporary. You can hold onto it for a while, or until your next cycle but not indefinitely.
You can only reallly keep the gains if you started cycling short of your genetic limit.
Correct, and even then they probably won't keep the gains because most ppl start steroids before they know how to eat and train properly and they won't be able to do what's necessary to keep it

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Then there's also the conversation about weather or not the person actually gained muscle tissue on cycle or just blew up with the cosmetic effects. We regularly see ppl gain 20 to 30lbs on something like test and dbol and loose 90% of it in a matter of weeks, but in reality they lost no muscle. They lost the water and cosmetic effects and then the 3 or 4 lbs there left with is the actual muscle that was gained

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
In the bigger scheme of things.

Correct, and even then they probably won't keep the gains because most ppl start steroids before they know how to eat and train properly and they won't be able to do what's necessary to keep it
yeah that’s the biggest problem and what we have to coach on the steroid boards lol right

it becomes a crutch for weak ass people who never learn what real hard work diet and discipline is

Suryaksh

Awards
Thanks a lot guys you have given me valuable insights however I do not wish do another cycle it's my first and last cycle.i have been working out for 5 years but kind of stuck in last 2 years hence decided to use juice to get the boost. So if I able to keep up to my genetic limit I guess I will be content

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Thanks a lot guys you have given me valuable insights however I do not wish do another cycle it's my first and last cycle.i have been working out for 5 years but kind of stuck in last 2 years hence decided to use juice to get the boost. So if I able to keep up to my genetic limit I guess I will be content
Sorry man I hate to burst yiur bubble and im not trying to be a Debbie downer but if you run 1 cycle and never cycle again I'd bet my house, car and kids that there is a 100% chance you keep zero gains in the long term. Not to mention you used deca and tren on this cycle, your going to be shutdown HARD! recovery is going to take months. Deca will be in yiur system for about 8 weeks after your last pin so technically your on deca and tren right now. There's a good possibility you don't even get your natural testosterone production back to baseline for months.

Also, once those gains dissappear a few months down the road I can almost guarantee you run another cycle

Suryaksh

Awards
Thanks buddy...I guess then I running this cycle was waste for me as my desire to reach my genetic limit and maintain at it or as I was told after proper PCT I will be able to do that and definitely there won't be any other cycle

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Thanks buddy...I guess then I running this cycle was waste for me as my desire to reach my genetic limit and maintain at it or as I was told after proper PCT I will be able to do that and definitely there won't be any other cycle
How long/is this only cycle you've ran?
10 weeks TOTAL?

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If it's your first cycle you can probably keep a lot of you do everything right. The bigger you get the harder it will be to keep it. Genetics are a facitor obviously.

Suryaksh

Awards
If it's your first cycle you can probably keep a lot of you do everything right. The bigger you get the harder it will be to keep it. Genetics are a facitor obviously.
What you suggest to keep everything right...so I can make note of it

Suryaksh

Awards
PCT will be HCG 1000 iu and 750 iu and nolvadex 40 mg and 20mg coach will tell when and how to take them after cycle

50Magnum

50Magnum

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm suprised that James Tiny Vest guy on youtube when he came off for 9 months he held 230-240lbs at 5'8-5'9. From my experience I didn't hold jack **** even while running HGH, I kept the weight but I just got fatter and lost some strength.

Sarms it wasn't as bad depending on the compound, but I did get softer too.

I guess it really depends on your genetic, but the size/strength you gain wither away that is why 90% of guys blast and cruise. I've yet to see someone hold even 85% of their size when they come off completely 4-6 months down the line besides that James Tiny guy.

Suryaksh

Awards
I'm suprised that James Tiny Vest guy on youtube when he came off for 9 months he held 230-240lbs at 5'8-5'9. From my experience I didn't hold jack **** even while running HGH, I kept the weight but I just got fatter and lost some strength.

I guess it really depends on your genetic, but the size/strength you gain wither away that is why 90% of guys blast and cruise. I've yet to see someone hold even 85% of their size when they come off completely 4-6 months down the line besides that James Tiny guy.
I guess than it will be me who can confirm results by coming December...as of now I reached 82 kgs from 75 kg at 5'8 let see what will happen

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
This is precisely why people have a hard time stopping. They see the gains they make and think that they will just maintain them forever. Once they vanish, they are quick to jump on the next cycle again. Having said that, you might be able to keep some of the gains longer term if your training and diet are on point. But by some I mean 5-10% depending on where you started, genetics, diet/exercise, etc.

Suryaksh

Awards
This is precisely why people have a hard time stopping. They see the gains they make and think that they will just maintain them forever. Once they vanish, they are quick to jump on the next cycle again. Having said that, you might be able to keep some of the gains longer term if your training and diet are on point. But by some I mean 5-10% depending on where you started, genetics, diet/exercise, etc.
One thing for sure I am not going for second cycle. I wish I put this post before starting the cycle then I may not have gone with it but it's too late now

Suryaksh

Awards
You say that now... but they always come back for another.
Well I have mentioned earlier also in thread that I was convinced that one cycle will get me to my potential and after proper PCT if keep working out like I am doing for past 5 years I will be able to maintain but after going through everyone's experience I think I made a mistake...and I am no young boy who can not take accept the loss

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Well I have mentioned earlier also in thread that I was convinced that one cycle will get me to my potential and after proper PCT if keep working out like I am doing for past 5 years I will be able to maintain but after going through everyone's experience I think I made a mistake...and I am no young boy who can not take accept the loss
Apex sells natural supplements that will help you make exceptional natty gains when the time comes. have a ask around.

Suryaksh

Awards
Apex sells natural supplements that will help you make exceptional natty gains when the time comes. have a ask around.
I already using whey creatine bcaa etc next time I could order from Apex. Thanks mate

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

That's because he's been that size for over 30 years and has diet and training mastered. Comparing him to one of us is like comparing a rocket to a paper plane.

Back when I was 25 I started cycles, I went from a fit 185 to a muscular 212/215. It took probably 2 years of being off gear to loose it all and go back to normal.

So a guy like tiny vest who has added over 100lbs of muscle will eventually loose most of it but it's going to be less noticable along the way.

A guy going from 275-250 won't look much different

But a guy going from 200-175 is a huge difference

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I wouldn't necessarily call it a loss. Everyone is different. Your body is not going to hold huge amounts of excess mass that it is not naturally capable of holding without staying on AAS. But that doesn't mean people haven't used AAS to help them reach their natural limits either. Ideally you jump on when you've already reached your natural limit but plenty of people start prior to that. The best thing you can do is get your PCT in order with the proper diet, training, etc. and then see how much you're able to retain. I'd make a bet that this won't be your last cycle... but that's just me.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I wouldn't necessarily call it a loss. Everyone is different. Your body is not going to hold huge amounts of excess mass that it is not naturally capable of holding without staying on AAS. But that doesn't mean people haven't used AAS to help them reach their natural limits either. Ideally you jump on when you've already reached your natural limit but plenty of people start prior to that. The best thing you can do is get your PCT in order with the proper diet, training, etc. and then see how much you're able to retain. I'd make a bet that this won't be your last cycle... but that's just me.
I've never met a single person in my life that ran 1 cycle and maintained it. And that's the reason why almost no1 has only ran 1 cycle. Because they lose it, then they can't get it back naturally and they realize there progress is pretty much done until there next cycle

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I've never met a single person in my life that ran 1 cycle and maintained it. And that's the reason why almost no1 has only ran 1 cycle. Because they lose it, then they can't get it back naturally and they realize there progress is pretty much done until there next cycle
Well... if we're being honest, I'd say 99% of the people I know probably didn't do their first cycle right. The problem is you might gain 20lbs from your first cycle and when all is said and done only keep 2 or 3lbs... so while there could be some progress there you lost 90% of it which you'll never get back unless you run another cycle. If you haven't hit your natural peak, you could probably keep more of your gains than someone who has.

DarkHelix

DarkHelix

Awards
With all things the same, I see some noticeable strength loss around the 6th week after last pin.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Well... if we're being honest, I'd say 99% of the people I know probably didn't do their first cycle right. The problem is you might gain 20lbs from your first cycle and when all is said and done only keep 2 or 3lbs... so while there could be some progress there you lost 90% of it which you'll never get back unless you run another cycle. If you haven't hit your natural peak, you could probably keep more of your gains than someone who has.
Gaining weight and building muscle are 2 different things. The 2 lbs was probably the actual muscle tissue. But I'm around 100s of users in person from athletes to bodybuilders to coaches. Everyone can argue or disagree is probably a better word, but no1 keeps gains from steroids long term. If anyone can show me someone who made gains off 1 cycle and wasn't back to pre cycle after a year I'd love to see it.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
We can just agree to disagree. I don't really care if anyone disagrees about keeping steroid gains long term. I don't believe it's possible because if never once seen it ddone. That don't make me right but I don't really care either way. Just my opinions

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Gaining weight and building muscle are 2 different things. The 2 lbs was probably the actual muscle tissue. But I'm around 100s of users in person from athletes to bodybuilders to coaches. Everyone can argue or disagree is probably a better word, but no1 keeps gains from steroids long term. If anyone can show me someone who made gains off 1 cycle and wasn't back to pre cycle after a year I'd love to see it.
That's the problem - you're around athletes. bodybuilders, and coaches. OP said he would be thrilled if he looked like you naturally, which means it's very possible that OP hasn't hit his natural peak yet, which also means it's likely that he won't go back to where he was pre cycle because he still has more room to grow naturally anyway. This is assuming he keeps his diet, training, etc in order. When you're referring to athletes and bodybuilders, I tend to think you're referring to people who have already hit their natural limitations.

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
We can just agree to disagree. I don't really care if anyone disagrees about keeping steroid gains long term. I don't believe it's possible because if never once seen it ddone. That don't make me right but I don't really care either way. Just my opinions
I really don't disagree with you.... I'm just looking at the situation a little differently. Anybody who goes off AAS should expect to lose all their gains over the long-term.... but if you haven't reached your natural peak, then yeah, I've seen it help some guys get there. Regardless, they would have gotten there without the AAS as well if they just continued to train longer. It's once your past your natural peak that you can no longer expect any of the progress to be kept if you stop cycling. But that's just my opinion.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
That's the problem - you're around athletes. bodybuilders, and coaches. OP said he would be thrilled if he looked like you naturally, which means it's very possible that OP hasn't hit his natural peak yet, which also means it's likely that he won't go back to where he was pre cycle because he still has more room to grow naturally anyway. This is assuming he keeps his diet, training, etc in order. When you're referring to athletes and bodybuilders, I tend to think you're referring to people who have already hit their natural limitations.
I stilil disagree, He said hes been training for 5 years naturally and you make the majority of your gains natural in the 1st 2 to 3 years. So if he hasn't gotten close to his genetic peak whatever that is cause no person in history knows if they've ever got to their genetic peak. But it's very unlikely he will know how to eat and train to maintain a peak physique if you understand what I'm getting at. But again if you can show me one person who's ever done 1 steroid cycle and maintained those gains I would love to see it. I'm not arguing I'm legit saying if you can show me someone I really would love to see it because I've never seen it before

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I hope I'm not coming off sounding like a dick, it's definitely not my intention

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'm also gonna circle back to the 1 cycle thing. I'd bet there will be a second cycle lol. This isn't the 1st time a thread like this is came up where someone says I want to do just one cycle And there always ends up being a second and a 3rd and a 20th. The more progress you make on your 1st cycle the more likely you are to keep on doing it.

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I stilil disagree, He said hes been training for 5 years naturally and you make the majority of your gains natural in the 1st 2 to 3 years. So if he hasn't gotten close to his genetic peak whatever that is cause no person in history knows if they've ever got to their genetic peak. But it's very unlikely he will know how to eat and train to maintain a peak physique if you understand what I'm getting at. But again if you can show me one person who's ever done 1 steroid cycle and maintained those gains I would love to see it. I'm not arguing I'm legit saying if you can show me someone I really would love to see it because I've never seen it before
Yeah... 5 years is a good amount of time if your training and diet is on point. Nobody ever keeps all their gains from AAS - impossible. I agree 100% with that. My point was that if you haven't hit your natural peak (and maybe I'm wrong and OP has), then AAS sometimes gets people there faster... so you might gain 20lbs from your cycle and be able to keep 2 or 3 lbs because your body can genetically hold those. It's everything above your natural limit that your body cannot continue to carry. Those will absolutely go away long term. But that's also where genetics play a role as well.

As far as pointing to someone - that's not so easy... because let's face it.. who the hell only does 1 cycle? Lol

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I hope I'm not coming off sounding like a dick, it's definitely not my intention
Nah not at all. I honestly don't even think we're really that far off. If we're talking about gains above ones natural limits then I completely agree with you. In the long-term those won't last unless you keep cycling.

Suryaksh

Awards
Very thankful to all of you for sharing your valuable feedbacks as there's no point of stopping cycle in between so I will go through it and let's hope for the best

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Very thankful to all of you for sharing your valuable feedbacks as there's no point of stopping cycle in between so I will go through it and let's hope for the best
Regardless of anything we're talking about, your goal should be to eat the best you can and train as hard as you can and once the cycle is over to continue to do the same.

Suryaksh

Awards
Regardless of anything we're talking about, your goal should be to eat the best you can and train as hard as you can and once the cycle is over to continue to do the same.
That's the idea mate... ☺

Dick-Hertz

Dick-Hertz

Awards
I trained for 38 years natural, before jumping on (real) TRT at age 50.
Don't worry about what you'll retain, you can always just keep building slowly and surely.
People are weak-minded these days...

Suryaksh

Awards
I trained for 38 years natural, before jumping on (real) TRT at age 50.
Don't worry about what you'll retain, you can always just keep building slowly and surely.
People are weak-minded these days...
Noted sir..... will keep focus on eating good and working hard rest I also stopped thinking