Fox News Reporter on BB.com Forums

ke0ki

Board Supporter
Awards
There is a reporter (ip verified) from Fox News on BB.com forums trying to get information and input from the bb'ing community on the andro ban.

heres the link:
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=2849369#post2849369

please someone say something intelligent! several posts i've read say something to the effect of "we should be able to ruin our bodies if we want." These type of comments are only going to reflect negatively on the bb'ing community and give the public the impression that bb'ers are nothing more than mindless dolts that will put anything into their bodies. I know there are alot of intelligent brothers on here. Say something that makes us proud and disproves the general publics misconception of bodybuilders!

Cogar

Awards
  • Established
Unfortunately, it is happening on BB.com, so the answers are getting lamer by the minute. I will compose something and hope it helps.

ke0ki

Board Supporter
Awards
sigh... it is turning into a flame war... if i was the fox news reporter and read some of the stuff that was being posted, i would do a whole new special on how bodybuilding affects the brain and inhibits your ability to speak intelligently. there's plenty of evidence to support the theory in that thread.

NO MERCY

Awards
  • Established
sigh... it is turning into a flame war... if i was the fox news reporter and read some of the stuff that was being posted, i would do a whole new special on how bodybuilding affects the brain and inhibits your ability to speak intelligently. there's plenty of evidence to support the theory in that thread.

hahaha its bb.com though it was expected.

ps24eva

Awards
somebody say something smart!

But DON'T mention 1test, m1t, etc.

I don't want the general public to know about this stuff

ke0ki

Board Supporter
Awards
somebody say something smart!

i thought about that, but if he browsed through the forums for 2 min he would realize there are a number of legal androgens out there that are far more powerful then andro.

zloy

Awards
yea bash bb.com it is the cause of all world problems

ps24eva

Awards
hes not that smart though, posting on bb.com

we can fool him

realsoundjim

Awards
  • Established
yo, seriously we gotta stop these dopes from posting things that we dont want the media to catch wind of and overhype. these dopes are going on and on spilling crazy crap. not cool. anyways, i tried to write something from thre heart that also isfrom the brain so i hope u like it. heres what i put: i believe that banning and criminalizing substances simply because a select few people have opted not to take careful measures is extremely wrong, considering the vast majority of people who use them do not have any problems.

I believe that banning and criminalizing substances without proof of danger if used within reasonable limits is wrong.
I believe that governments parental supervision invades on all citizens rights when the decisions the government makes are based on incorrect and inconclusive facts, fears, media hype, etc.

I believe that MISLEADING the general public of the danges of substances is wrong. Firstly, when reporting to the public about supplements and their so called negative effects, do not emphasize that it is the supplement that is doing the harm, if the real harm being done is from other external factors such as prior health, weather, medications, personal abuse, etc. Secondly, saying that banning and criminalizing substances is the only way to keep certain people from abusing them is wrong as well. a more productive way to keep individuals from using certain supplements would be to regualte them. Lets enforce the correct regualtion i.e. an age limit as with alcohol and cigerettes, instead of conforming to a naive fear of incorrect assumptions.

I believe that this is more than a bodybuilding community issue. It is more than just an issue of being allowed to put certain things in our bodies, etc. this is an issue of governments parental supervion. Supervision is a good thing, don't get me wrong. But when our "governmental parents" base the decisions of supervision on incorrect inconclusive findings, we realize that we no longer have the CHOICE to regulate ouselves and our own actions. This is where the important issue of the loss of freedom outshadows the smaller (yet still important) issue of improper regualtion of food and drugs.

x_muscle

Awards
  • Established
there is tons of reporters who come to elite board from fox, MTV..........ect. and every one refuses to participate in this kind of programs, because whatever you say , 99% of time they will show " bad and evil" sides of supplement.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
all I have to say is keep him out of here..

Number 5

Awards
personally i thought the thread was pretty good by bb.com standards. if the guy (or his editor) wants write something bad about andro, then he can always twist everything that was said or choose the worst responses and so forth, but at least he saw our side of the story more or less clearly articulated.

it could potentially backfire though. by now he has realized that the gov't didn't actually ban what people generally refer to as 'andro' these days, he has also realized that kids do use this stuff, and he may have caught onto the fact that there are some very potent and potentially dangerous supplements out there, namely the methyls.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established

I was just wondering why you don't want 1-testosterone or methyl-1-testosterone mentioned?

I read about M1T in Muscular Development a month or so ago. An author of an article about mass building supplements was talking about his company putting it out or something like that. I also remember an article on ESPN.com right after the THG story broke about a new pro-hormone. Are you guys afraid that that these this type of more effective pro-hormones will be banned like Andro?

My feeling is that they will be banned anyway. The info is out there, it's just a matter of some politician wanting to get his/her name out there by pushing this "new health hazard" story out there.

Number 5

Awards
also, if you guys write responses to the bb.com thread, try to get across that we are very healthy individuals who also do cardio in addition to lifting weights and eat healthy. it should be emphasized that prohormones are a very small part of it all and diet and exercise comes first. i think it would be good to try and disassociate prohormones from steroids, but he may be looking for some negative link since he was asking about sports and 'roids. maybe a gateway drug story...

db682

Awards
  • Established
I second that. He may act like he's nonbiased but i guarentee that whatever his story (I doubt it will really be his story, most likely he's only in research for fox news. I have a friend thats interning in orlando out of one of the MSNBC offices for his News Journalism Degree and all they got him doing is research from behind a desk and patroling the malls with a clipboard giving those BS surveys) really ends up being about it will definitly be written in a manner that will make the general public happy. He will most likely not sacrifice his job and career by going against what the public deems as satisfactory. Its called "Job security". Kinda like when we all kiss our bosses ass to keep him happy. He kisses the publics ass. People dont watch something that they dont want to and if this guy says things that people dont want to hear they change the channel. Changing the channel means lower rating for that station and that means he's not doing what the company pays him to do. Get ratings and keep viewers. And then there sponsors. Sponsors dont buy commercial time on stations that arent going to be appealing to the public. They arent going to pay for time where nobody will watch it because they changed the channel.
Intro to Business 101.

Reporters are like lawyers, cant trust them for **** and theyre great at skewing words to win people over.

db

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Reporters are like lawyers, cant trust them for **** and theyre great at skewing words to win people over.
Ain't that the damn truth. I have to actually look into hiring a new attorney to sue another attorney....talk about high court costs. :rolleyes:

sifu

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You know what they say about lawyers. "they are half as smart as doctors, and twice as sneaky".

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Come on guys, be realistic. FOX targets the very conservative and/or republican population, they're not suddenly gonna tell them "hey lets let these bodybuilders use all the andro compounds they want as long as they know what they're doing. We should really let them have freedom over their bodies."

FOX news nor any other major news station has our back nor do they care about andro. To them it's just as bad as crack and that's a damm shame they don't know any better.

db682

Awards
  • Established
We Should All Know By Now The Only Thing Fox Wants Is Ratings.

Ivan Drago

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well I'm glad that "bouche" is certainly making the BB community as a whole look intelligent. :rolleyes:

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
To be honest, FOX news is the most fair station around here, IMO. They give "both sides" to the story more than CBS, NBC, and ABC...

ps24eva

Awards
To be honest, FOX news is the most fair station around here, IMO. They give "both sides" to the story more than CBS, NBC, and ABC...
haha

was that a joke?

April Fool's Day is tomorrow dude

The Conqueror

Awards
Here's a copy of the e-mail I sent him.
___
Mr. Mulhern,

Thank you in you interest in the opinions of many of the people at Bodybuilding.com. I would like to give you my opinion if I may.

I find it extremely funny that the government chooses to crack down on bodybuilding supplements. Statistically, compare the rates of health problems and death associated with smoking or even fast food. There is no comparison. Yet congress "exempts" places that sell high-fat, nutritionally inferior foods that kill far more Americans than health supplements ever will.

The argument made by many is that fast food is a matter of "personal choice". Shouldn't health food supplements be the same. It seems that if congress were really interested in protecting people's health the very last group they would look at would be those who put the most work into being healthy.

Thank you,

Michael Bowers
The Celtic Conqueror
________

Will it do any good? NO! But we should not go quietly into the night! :mad:

kmac6225

king of useless information!!!
Awards
  • Established
I was just wondering why you don't want 1-testosterone or methyl-1-testosterone mentioned?

I read about M1T in Muscular Development a month or so ago. An author of an article about mass building supplements was talking about his company putting it out or something like that. I also remember an article on ESPN.com right after the THG story broke about a new pro-hormone. Are you guys afraid that that these this type of more effective pro-hormones will be banned like Andro?

My feeling is that they will be banned anyway. The info is out there, it's just a matter of some politician wanting to get his/her name out there by pushing this "new health hazard" story out there.

the "general publice" doesn't read MD or espn.com for that matter. What he probably meant is that he and I for that matter don't want a bunch of housewives or Joe Shmoes hearing about 1-test and M1T and their steroid like qualities on the 5 o'clock news. The less they general public knows, the less support they are will to offer for the ban. If the publice thinks that andro is as bad as it gets, they'll be happy that its off the shelves now

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Marcus, and ps2, are you guys from Pittsburgh? If not then there stations will be different wherever you live. From my experience w/ my hometown, yes, IMO they are the most fair...

ps24eva

Awards
i'm in pittsburgh
Fox news is terrible.
I watch it all the time though so I can laugh at their idiocy.

BTW, do you know where to get lifting chalk around here?

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
i'm in pittsburgh
Fox news is terrible.

Where exactly are you bro? Thats a good question...If you have a SOL'S sports around you somewhere, then you might find some. :confused: DUnno, dude, try callin' around at places like Dick's, etc..

jboogie

Awards
Here's a copy of the e-mail I sent him.
___
Mr. Mulhern,

Thank you,

Michael Bowers
The Celtic Conqueror
________

Will it do any good? NO! But we should not go quietly into the night! :mad:
Well, I'm sure signing your email with "The Celtic Conqueror" can only help lend sincerity and authority to your message. :)

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Marcus, and ps2, are you guys from Pittsburgh? If not then there stations will be different wherever you live. From my experience w/ my hometown, yes, IMO they are the most fair...
No, I work in Mass. And I don't usually watch the local Fox channel. I didn't read your post properly and thought you meant the Fox news cable channel 41.

I'll lol if I hear 'Celtic Conquerer' mentioned on TV.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
i'm in pittsburgh
Fox news is terrible.

Not sure but I think a supp shop in monroeville might have it. I'll have to ask my girl what the name of it is.

bigmark1972

Board Supporter
Awards
I hope they are going to interview Rick Collins or Bill L wonder who they will pick?

slewdem

Awards
I hope they are going to interview Rick Collins or Bill L wonder who they will pick?
bill l... he did a very good job too.. they also interviewed a bodybuilding doctor, who gave a laymans description of anabolic steroids.

however, not enough time was given to the pro side of the argument. too much time was devoted to people who oppose gear. not to mention they totally over-sensationalized the issue.

toastynoodles

Board Supporter
Awards
NO need for the media here it will be nothing but a pain in the (ASS):mad:There one sided and they get paid to bash people's opinion's.They will find one bad thing about something then it's all over,they don't care about our opinion if it don't help them sell a story!!!

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
No kidding Toast.
My favorite teaser is "Five things in your house that could kill you.......later at 10:00!"

LOL.....thanks jack-asses. You would think if it really was dangerous they would tell you now. But 'danger' and other stupid crap sells. How about just some news.