Fortetropin

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Can anyone explain to me Fortetropin, or why it would be a better supplement then simply using egg yolks?

I mentioned my dogs old age in this thread.

Last night we had a visit to the vet that I thought might be our last, but he turned a corner and was peppy when we went in (he's at vertigo it seems lately, about once a week). She had recommended this supplement for older dogs to help retain muscle mass. But I'm already feeding him high quality kibble + raw liver and raw ground beef. so if this DOES add additional value to him, perhaps the eggs would just be a better way to go?

My dog is on prednisone (3 months now) for his Lupis and I've read it can cause atrophy.

realize this is a dog based question but the supplements in use are all Human based with basically same results so I figured it was worth asking and poking around.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
interesting, reading further I realize that the Fortetropin only comes from fertizilized eggs. Maybe it is worth trying

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
This sounds exactly like that old supplement from MHP called myo-x

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
In theory, Fortetropin wouldn't be the same as feeding your dog eggs because its an isolated constituent and has been clinically researched for its specific purpose.

I haven't done a deep dive into the research on it, but that's my take on it from what I've read.

I had originally come across it when I was doing some research on NEM Eggshell Membrane for dogs. We use it in Joint Support XT and I've had a surprising number of requests asking if it would be safe to give that to dogs or if we would make one specifically for animals. When I was researching NEM for dogs, I had come across some of the info on Fortetropin, likely since they're both egg derived.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
This sounds exactly like that old supplement from MHP called myo-x
In theory, Fortetropin wouldn't be the same as feeding your dog eggs because its an isolated constituent and has been clinically researched for its specific purpose.

I haven't done a deep dive into the research on it, but that's my take on it from what I've read.

I had originally come across it when I was doing some research on NEM Eggshell Membrane for dogs. We use it in Joint Support XT and I've had a surprising number of requests asking if it would be safe to give that to dogs or if we would make one specifically for animals. When I was researching NEM for dogs, I had come across some of the info on Fortetropin, likely since they're both egg derived.
I looped my buddy in on it since he's a little better versed in this world like you guys and it led us even further down a rabbit hole of myostatin inhibitors lol

THEstudent

Awards
This seems similar to something that has been around for ages called Humanofort. It is promoted heavily by former IFBB Pro Emeric Delczeg. It has some research behind it but nothing that I can truly say I understand that could possibly lead to the multitude of effects he claims it can have. I gave it a pretty good run and really only noticed improved sleep. He has a dog version of it as well called DogtorRx....yeah I know. Lol

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 10
GreenMachineX Supplements 6