for people who know their bikes/trikes

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
I happen to be in a wheelchair and have a disability that affects balance/reflexes, so I could never ride a traditional motorcycle safely. I like them though, so I'm considering getting a trike, since they're more stable. The thing is about trikes though, is that I find most of them ugly.
I have seen a few on the streets though, where the back wheels were wider and larger in diameter than usual, but rather than the typical wide, square back end, they were placed very close together. I never see them parked with the owner though, always on the move in the streets, so I never get a chance to ask the make/model, and I haven't had any luck finding a similar looking trike on the net. Does anyone know the type I'm talking about so I can start searching for them and get a general idea of how much they cost, etc?
I have a feeling what I might be seeing is a custom build, because really it just looks like a slightly beefier cruiser but with two very close together back wheels, sort of like this but with a 2nd back wheel. The tires themselves like I said are wider too, more like what you might find on a chopper.

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
that's not a bad looking ride, I like em with a bit less fiberglass/plastic body to them though, I like to see a bit more of the guts of the beast so to speak, a bit more engine and chrome.

dpfisher

Three wheelers are death machines. They are incredibly unstable.