For all you michigan bikers!

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
kudos! PA ditched it a few years back now. Eventhough I still ride with some sort of lid on most occasions, I do like the option to go lidless. Helmets always squash my mohawk. HA!!

Ride safe, all!

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
It's nice to have the choice and not have it made for you.

toosmall

toosmall

Awards
I'm diggin' it. Haven't gone topless yet though. Working nights and having temps in the 30's is too damn cold! Hopefully in a few weeks! But yeah, it's nice to have a choice finally.

Dave

ponysteak

ponysteak

Awards
I've gone through my parents neighborhood without a helmet a few times...feelsgoodman. but I couldn't see myself riding somewhere going over 20-30 mph without a helmet. Yes, scurred haha.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
I don't know why you wouldn't wear a helmet. Doesn't make much sense.
I felt the same until I moved to AZ and eventually began going without. It's not the smartest safest idea but neither is riding a motorcycle. Myself personally ride better without, I'm able to turn and maneuver my head quicker and easier to check around me as a helmet can be distracting and restricting due to wind buffeting and the extra little weight bouncing around on your head causing discomfort and neck strain is annoying. This to me becomes distracting and distractions are not good on a motorcycle.
To be quite honest riding helmetless in michigan scares me alil opposed to in AZ,the drivers were much more curtious and attentive to bikers on the road. Here in Detroit Michigan people drive like shît and don't pay attention to shït and don't give a shît. Many drive without insurance which is much harder to do in AZ and will hit an run you without a second thought.
They need to pass more safe driver laws. I.e. texting, talking on phone , driving uninsuredgets your DL revoked etc.

toosmall

toosmall

Awards
Well said Mikeg313. When we ride out to Sturgis or the Southwest, it's much more wide open and safe. I live on the Lake Michigan shoreline, but probably won't ride topless too much except for up North. Too many damn hollanders around here with their heads up their asses, or punk kids on thier phones.