Football training

ivel

Awards
Hey all,
I'm going to start playing college football here in a few months and I'm trying to find a workout routine that will help athletically, since the program I'm on now is more ascetics based training. Any suggestions?? Thx!!

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey all,
I'm going to start playing college football here in a few months and I'm trying to find a workout routine that will help athletically, since the program I'm on now is more ascetics based training. Any suggestions?? Thx!!
Did your college not send you out a plan for the time leading up to the season?

Also, you don't have a ton of time to develop too many qualities in the short time between now and the start of the season. I'd get to reading some Chad Wesley Smith articles on JTS or just grab his e-book specifically about training for football.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'm sure your college will have a workout plan and diet plan set up for you guys. You could even email the athletic trainer there and he would recommend one.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Email the S&C coach first as the template he expects you guys to use will already be available. If your school doesn't have one the ATC may help. What program are you running currently?

Ht, Weight, position you plan on playing at.

Sometimes it really doesn't matter and its better to just be in shape and I mean GAME shape. Most programs fit you to their mold so the prep beyond basics could lead to a waste of time.

JSNeves

JSNeves

Awards
Try to get ahold of your colleges program... if its a small college at least try and find what movements they test.

Sadly sometimes the program that would help you perform the best doesn't match what the team is doing in the gym and you show up looking weak and unprepared because you haven't practiced the skills they test. You gotta kiss the staff's ass a bit here

Posting your basic stats and goals and some sort of time frame would get you much better advice

Jjbballs

Jjbballs

Awards
My college sends me a whole day by day lifting and running program. If your college doesn't then just lift and do a lot of footwork drills