Food Intake Tracker

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Morning all,

I am sure most of us think we eat good, have a good blend of macros (carbs, protein and fats) and eat enough but I decided to finally download a food tracker, and boy was it eye opening. Turns out some days I was barely getting 1500 calories (I'm a guy) and other days I was eating prob 70% carbs...

If you are having struggles, try downloading one of these apps. In 3 weeks I have lost 7 lbs.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think you forgot to post the app names. Personally I use MyMacros+. For selecting your food and hygiene products, use the Healthy Living app by EWG. Scan a barcode and it rates the food or hygiene product as 10 being terrible and 0 being great.

Blindstack

Blindstack

Awards
I was horrible at this at first. For two months I pretty much fasted. 300-500 cals were average with 1000 being a heavy day.
Once I wasn't able to improve cardio or resistance training I started to write stuff down. I haven't used an app yet. I usually look up the macros and then log everything. It's actually makes me more conscious of what I'm taking in. Walking through the grocery store is like a comic book (at least in my head). There's calorie and macros floating above the items as I walk around. ?

Please tell me this is normal. ?

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Morning all,

I am sure most of us think we eat good, have a good blend of macros (carbs, protein and fats) and eat enough but I decided to finally download a food tracker, and boy was it eye opening. Turns out some days I was barely getting 1500 calories (I'm a guy) and other days I was eating prob 70% carbs...

If you are having struggles, try downloading one of these apps. In 3 weeks I have lost 7 lbs.
People often think it is easy to eyeball. It is very difficult, even if one has been tracking macros for a long period of time. It becomes easier to eyeball, but foods such as nut butters, meats, and even oatmeal are eye opening when you see what a serving actually is. For example, 2 tablespoons of a nut butter is so small. One could easily eat more than needed.

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I think you forgot to post the app names. Personally I use MyMacros+. For selecting your food and hygiene products, use the Healthy Living app by EWG. Scan a barcode and it rates the food or hygiene product as 10 being terrible and 0 being great.
Didn't want to seem like a schill pushing an app but it is Spark people, they actually have a few protein powders in there which is great.