Follidrone 2.0 Log - FEMALE

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Hoping to see the same success - just started my log. If all goes well, the lady will be trying a 2 bottle run in fall. Thanks for continuing to update

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think I will start at 2,000kcal my first two weeks and see if the scale moves.

Good fats such as fats that are in meats, avocado, coconut oil? And does peanut butter count? LOL
I sure hope so cause I eat a TON of it ;)
Like....half a bottle daily easy. And a giant bag of trail mix every day.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looks who's getting those strength gains now!!!

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
thanks guys! I start my cut on August 7th, 2.5 weeks left. I really want to let loose on calories, good idea or no waste of time ???????? .... :biglaugh:

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
Hoping to see the same success - just started my log. If all goes well, the lady will be trying a 2 bottle run in fall. Thanks for continuing to update
I will be updating too through my cut to see how low I get my calories and how much I lose, super stoked.

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
I sure hope so cause I eat a TON of it ;)
Like....half a bottle daily easy. And a giant bag of trail mix every day.
sorry to burst your bubble, I am allergic to nuts :thinking: soo weird, but I can eat peanut butter. Don't try to make sense of it.... brundel FYI just opened my last bottle of FD2...... ;)

Wimsicle

Wimsicle

Awards
  • Established
Killin it! really makes me want to run FD2 next :) Currently running Xgels/ABE but FD2 is in line for my next natty run once i get the cash! Keep it up I am excited to see where the cut takes you!

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
thanks guys! I start my cut on August 7th, 2.5 weeks left. I really want to let loose on calories, good idea or no waste of time ???????? .... :biglaugh:
Honestly I would the last week! I'm talking pizza and icecream every night!

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
sorry to burst your bubble, I am allergic to nuts :thinking: soo weird, but I can eat peanut butter. Don't try to make sense of it.... brundel FYI just opened my last bottle of FD2...... ;)
That IS strange.
PM me your address Ill send you another bottle.

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You will get it... anyone know how I can upload a video on here so you guy scan check my form....

will do!
I have to down load it to youtube and post a link. I sure there are newer ways to do it.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You will get it... anyone know how I can upload a video on here so you guy scan check my form....

will do!
I've seen Instagram video links before but I made a YouTube just for lifts.

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
Currently still sitting in at 135lbs. I start my cut either next Monday or the Monday after. I haven't decided. I currently have been eating around 2,300kcal a day. Where is a good place to start my calories at for my cut? I REALLY WANT TO BE LEAN for vacation (October 8th) 10 weeks.

I still will be taking FD2 and radiate. Should I keep my carbs and proteins up, fats low? That seems to be the easiest for me.

download.png

BigRed1974

BigRed1974

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Definitely looking great! You have done a great job on this bulk.
I would start with a 300 calorie drop for the first week and then go from there.
If you prefer keeping fats on the lower and carbs higher go with that. You want something you will stick with and you can always adjust it as you lean out.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
As mentioned your bulk couldn't have went better and it truly looks like you've adapted the lifestyle to fit your goals! Starting with a simple 300cal deficit will put ya at 200kcal but also keep an eye on how much activity you do as well. End of the day it's a balancing act between the two.

Higher carb and low fat diets are nice when tolerated well. I'm similar in that fashion as well.

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
Definitely looking great! You have done a great job on this bulk.
I would start with a 300 calorie drop for the first week and then go from there.
If you prefer keeping fats on the lower and carbs higher go with that. You want something you will stick with and you can always adjust it as you lean out.
I was going to start with 2,000kcal for the first two weeks and monitor scale/mirror. So I think my thinking was right :)

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Currently still sitting in at 135lbs. I start my cut either next Monday or the Monday after. I haven't decided. I currently have been eating around 2,300kcal a day. Where is a good place to start my calories at for my cut? I REALLY WANT TO BE LEAN for vacation (October 8th) 10 weeks.

I still will be taking FD2 and radiate. Should I keep my carbs and proteins up, fats low? That seems to be the easiest for me.

View attachment 151756
For me personally, I actually react better to high protein/fat and low carbs. Everyone is different, but the extra fat will help keep you full and cutting the carbs back for me is the quickest way to shred up.

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
As mentioned your bulk couldn't have went better and it truly looks like you've adapted the lifestyle to fit your goals! Starting with a simple 300cal deficit will put ya at 200kcal but also keep an eye on how much activity you do as well. End of the day it's a balancing act between the two.

Higher carb and low fat diets are nice when tolerated well. I'm similar in that fashion as well.
I currently train 5 days a week and do 10 min of "cool"down cardio on the treadmill. Should I up cardio a bit? Or weight till fat loss stalls.

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I currently train 5 days a week and do 10 min of "cool"down cardio on the treadmill. Should I up cardio a bit? Or weight till fat loss stalls.
Id say start it out and see how your body reacts. I'd think you'll lose the first 4-5lb pretty easily without adding much to the cardio. Like you said, if you're not seeing the results you want you can always increase the Cardio or just do Interval work instead of your normal steady-state cardio. I find intervals to be a bit more muscle sparing than lengthy steady-state stuff.

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
For me personally, I actually react better to high protein/fat and low carbs. Everyone is different, but the extra fat will help keep you full and cutting the carbs back for me is the quickest way to shred up.
I always find it hard to get my fats in since many things high in fat I am allergic to and doesn't digest well. Thank goodness for FD2 so I can cut my carbs to 150g and its pretty much low carb day for me. :)

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I always find it hard to get my fats in since many things high in fat I am allergic to and doesn't digest well. Thank goodness for FD2 so I can cut my carbs to 150g and its pretty much low carb day for me. :)
That makes sense! I know you mentioned nut allergy...do what works for you definitely! I'd never get to my fat goals without all the nuts/avocado I take in.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Without a doubt I lose fat MUCH faster with lower carb, high pro and fat. Dietary fats dont make you fat.
I would suggest
increasing protein,
lowering carbs
Lowering overall cals
Carb cycling. So 1 day normal, 1 day about half of that, 1 day next to nothing carb wise. Just carbs around training.
Increasing cardio.

If I do these things fat burns off rapidly.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
That makes sense! I know you mentioned nut allergy...do what works for you definitely! I'd never get to my fat goals without all the nuts/avocado I take in.
There is always MCT's and Coconut Oil,

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Without a doubt I lose fat MUCH faster with lower carb, high pro and fat. Dietary fats dont make you fat.
I would suggest
increasing protein,
lowering carbs
Lowering overall cals
Carb cycling. So 1 day normal, 1 day about half of that, 1 day next to nothing carb wise. Just carbs around training.
Increasing cardio.

What about in excess e.g. in a caloric surplus lipids / fats can go straight into storage,

With carbs there is de novo lipogenesis, i generally like to keep fats and carbs low and run on high protein, with re-feed days where i go very high carb but always keep fat as low as possible.

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I like coconut oil.

Have only used mct when I was running keto. Would you use it following a low-carb diet that maybe isn't low enough to be considered "ketogenic"?

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What about in excess e.g. in a caloric surplus lipids / fats can go straight into storage,

With carbs there is de novo lipogenesis, i generally like to keep fats and carbs low and run on high protein, with re-feed days where i go very high carb but always keep fat as low as possible.
IN this case its not the fat thats causing the problem though its caloric surplus.
We are talking about a cutting diet.

For me excess carbs are where fat gain happens. Yes FD2 will help a great deal and we can eat more carbs than normal but in my opinion this isnt enough to validate eating excessive carbs on a cut. Everyone FEELS better with carbs. But are you losing more fat? Probably not. Every time insulin spikes from the carbs your storing not cutting and ESPECIALLY when your in a diet mode and the body thinks its starving. Dieting is very touchy. The body wants to hold onto everything because your not reaching maintenance. So we have to do our best to not cause storage hormones like insulin to rise. Protein and fats can spike insulin but not as much as carbs will.

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
I would suggest
increasing protein,
lowering carbs
Lowering overall cals
Increasing cardio.

I plan to kind of carb cycle. currently I am eating about 250-300g of carbs. I was going to go down to 200g on training lower body, 150g on upper body, 100g or less on REST days (obviously higher fats on rest days too) Going to keep cardio the same until fat loss stalls.

how do I incorporate but also feeling like I'm eating it LOL

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
I plan to kind of carb cycle. currently I am eating about 250-300g of carbs. I was going to go down to 200g on training lower body, 150g on upper body, 100g or less on REST days (obviously higher fats on rest days too) Going to keep cardio the same until fat loss stalls.

I usually use mct in making sauces...with cumin, ginger, turmeric and pepper, and kimchi, to make kind of an anti-inflammatory pro-gut health curry

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I usually use mct in making sauces...with cumin, ginger, turmeric and pepper, and kimchi, to make kind of an anti-inflammatory pro-gut health curry
I used to do half MCT and half Olive oil with a good season packet to make my salad dressing. Tastes good!

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
IN this case its not the fat thats causing the problem though its caloric surplus.
We are talking about a cutting diet.

For me excess carbs are where fat gain happens. Yes FD2 will help a great deal and we can eat more carbs than normal but in my opinion this isnt enough to validate eating excessive carbs on a cut. Everyone FEELS better with carbs. But are you losing more fat? Probably not. Every time insulin spikes from the carbs your storing not cutting and ESPECIALLY when your in a diet mode and the body thinks its starving. Dieting is very touchy. The body wants to hold onto everything because your not reaching maintenance. So we have to do our best to not cause storage hormones like insulin to rise. Protein and fats can spike insulin but not as much as carbs will.
This is why i stick to IF 16/8, but protein is also insulinogenic and so are BCAA's which is why i have removed BCAA's from fasted training sessions because you are technically not fasted when using them, i did a test last year and removed BCAA's completely and noticed faster fat loss when running Ketogenic, i also agree that cutting carbs is effective for fat loss and i have felt great and lost most body fat when running keto in the past.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established

I mix coconut oil melted with some whey and casein and it makes awesome tasting protein sludge, you can also add in water sparingly to make it less dry and easier to eat.

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
Where do you find Kimichi? Not at walmart?? I want to make these huge steak salad bowls and it calls for those spices and kimichi and then I could add the MCT.

This is why i stick to IF 16/8, but protein is also insulinogenic and so are BCAA's which is why i have removed BCAA's from fasted training sessions because you are technically not fasted when using them, i did a test last year and removed BCAA's completely and noticed faster fat loss when running Ketogenic, i also agree that cutting carbs is effective for fat loss and i have felt great and lost most body fat when running keto in the past.
I currently do 16/8 but I will not do keto. I train at 4am and then drink BCAA's at 7a-8a then I do coffee till about noon. Would this hurt my fat loss? What about training so early?

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Where do you find Kimichi? Not at walmart?? I want to make these huge steak salad bowls and it calls for those spices and kimichi and then I could add the MCT.
You'd be surprised, most retail grocery places carry it these days - its usually by the lettuces/salad mixes, it will be refrigerated

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established

I currently do 16/8 but I will not do keto. I train at 4am and then drink BCAA's at 7a-8a then I do coffee till about noon. Would this hurt my fat loss? What about training so early?
Best way would be to try with or if you have used BCAA's when cutting in the past try them and see how you get along then keep everything the same and just remove them, this is the only way you will be able to identify if they are causing a problem, we are all different and respond differently but i dropped them completely from my last cut towards the end and it was enough to improve my appearance and reach lower levels of bodyfat, my brother also carried out same test and noticed he became leaner when he removed them as the only change to his cut last summer.

*I will probably get flack for this but in my honest opinion i feel complete proteins are all that is needed and BCAA's are just a marketing gimmick to justify people having nice expensive tasting flavoured water.

My essentials would be creatine, follidrone, high grade omega 3s, a solid multi vitamin e.g orange triad and a greens supplement.

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
kjkitzman

Word of warning - when you start with MCT go SLOW!!!!!

Whatever dose you think you're going to take, start with 1/4 of that dose. You will "get used" to it, but if you go too hard too quick you will certainly have some of the worst GI pain of your life. We're talking "do I call a doctor?" pain if you're not smart.

I find the powdered MCT is much more forgiving on my gut - I've used Quest's MCT powder for my coffee/tea many times and you can get away with a higher dose on this versus the liquid. Liquid (I used NOW foods) you want to ease in SLOWLY. Liquid is, of course, better for cooking and stuff

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
Most of the grocery stores around me have kimchi. Before they carried it, I was going to a local Japanese market for the good stuff.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Coconut oil and coconut is use is so many things these days. I do know that some studies are now indicating its not as healthy as we previously thought though. But most oils can be incorporated into foods.
For example I get the ezekiel tortillas. SUper grainy. BUt I bake them at 400 for a couple min until the edges get crispy and then cover them with olive oil and a little salt. They taste like wheat thins but much healthier. I pour the olive oil all over it.

I dont know what I would do without ezekiel brand products.
I eat 2 loaves of the cinn raisin bread and 2 packs of torts per week. My primary carb source.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Try a korean market for Kimchi.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Best way would be to try with or if you have used BCAA's when cutting in the past try them and see how you get along then keep everything the same and just remove them, this is the only way you will be able to identify if they are causing a problem, we are all different and respond differently but i dropped them completely from my last cut towards the end and it was enough to improve my appearance and reach lower levels of bodyfat, my brother also carried out same test and noticed he became leaner when he removed them as the only change to his cut last summer.

*I will probably get flack for this but in my honest opinion i feel complete proteins are all that is needed and BCAA's are just a marketing gimmick to justify people having nice expensive tasting flavoured water.

My essentials would be creatine, follidrone, high grade omega 3s, a solid multi vitamin e.g orange triad and a greens supplement.
I def agree with the staples.
If I had only 1 thing I could supplement it would be a vitamin complex. Partially because as bodybuilders we eat diets that are vitamin lacking generally and or are very regimented and dont allow enough variation to cover all the bases. PLus we train alot harder than the normal person and need more nutrition.
Im working on a multi vit pack now. Im open to suggestions from you guys regarding what needs to be there, why, macro doses etc.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
kjkitzman

Word of warning - when you start with MCT go SLOW!!!!!

Whatever dose you think you're going to take, start with 1/4 of that dose. You will "get used" to it, but if you go too hard too quick you will certainly have some of the worst GI pain of your life. We're talking "do I call a doctor?" pain if you're not smart.

I find the powdered MCT is much more forgiving on my gut - I've used Quest's MCT powder for my coffee/tea many times and you can get away with a higher dose on this versus the liquid. Liquid (I used NOW foods) you want to ease in SLOWLY. Liquid is, of course, better for cooking and stuff
Yah Oil will run through you like a freight train if your not used to it. Lots of people have gastro issues from greasy food. Try a few tablespoons of coconut oil.
Youll be cramping in 20 min and on the toilet for 2 days after lol.
If, though, like you said, you take the time to get accustomed to is oil is a great way to get in cals and healthy fats.

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Yah Oil will run through you like a freight train if your not used to it. Lots of people have gastro issues from greasy food. Try a few tablespoons of coconut oil.
Youll be cramping in 20 min and on the toilet for 2 days after lol.
If, though, like you said, you take the time to get accustomed to is oil is a great way to get in cals and healthy fats.
Yeah I got more accustomed to it over time

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established

What do you drink during your fasted state? I feel that BCAA's really help curb my hungry (personally). Can I still do coffee with a splash of cream? Maybe I will try what you do for fasting for two weeks and see how much it helps, nonetheless still have to be in a caloric deficit to see weight loss.

About the MCT/fat intake:

I currently use coconut oil to cook pancakes LOL maybe I will just stick with eggs for my fats?

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
I def agree with the staples.
If I had only 1 thing I could supplement it would be a vitamin complex. Partially because as bodybuilders we eat diets that are vitamin lacking generally and or are very regimented and dont allow enough variation to cover all the bases. PLus we train alot harder than the normal person and need more nutrition.
Im working on a multi vit pack now. Im open to suggestions from you guys regarding what needs to be there, why, macro doses etc.
I take a women's multi vitamin and extra vitamin c everyday, I hardly ever get sick :) does this suffice?

thanks for all the recommendations on the Kimichi - will have to try this!

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
brundel question about FD2. I was wondering if I need to take two weeks off to see if taking my doses are messing with my GI. Every day this week (Monday-Wednesday) my stomach feels on edge. I take my second dose at 4pm and eat within 30 minutes. About 1 hour after eating my stomach is cramping, I feel super cold, I have to curl up on the chair, and I am running to the bathroom feeling like I have to go and sometimes I do sometimes I don't. It has been really hard to get my calories in because I feel like **** for about 2-3 hours after dinner. I noticed yesterday when I took my first dose at 11am and ate around 11:30, about 12:30 I noticed that my stomach was still a bit weezy. Just not feeling well.

Should I wait to take my dose after meals or during? Should I take a day off or does that not matter since it will be in my system?

I take my doses at 11a, 4p, 8p and in the mornings I feel fine until after I eat. Anyone else notice this with FD2? I thought I had some food tolerances but I have been eating the same foods for the last few months and it just started in the last month and now this week its been everyday.

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
brundel question about FD2. I was wondering if I need to take two weeks off to see if taking my doses are messing with my GI. Every day this week (Monday-Wednesday) my stomach feels on edge. I take my second dose at 4pm and eat within 30 minutes. About 1 hour after eating my stomach is cramping, I feel super cold, I have to curl up on the chair, and I am running to the bathroom feeling like I have to go and sometimes I do sometimes I don't. It has been really hard to get my calories in because I feel like **** for about 2-3 hours after dinner. I noticed yesterday when I took my first dose at 11am and ate around 11:30, about 12:30 I noticed that my stomach was still a bit weezy. Just not feeling well.

Should I wait to take my dose after meals or during? Should I take a day off or does that not matter since it will be in my system?

I take my doses at 11a, 4p, 8p and in the mornings I feel fine until after I eat. Anyone else notice this with FD2? I thought I had some food tolerances but I have been eating the same foods for the last few months and it just started in the last month and now this week its been everyday.
i feel like things aren't "moving as smoothly" myself these days, but nothing I can't deal with. Definitely way worse from DAA, but I see what you're saying

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
What do you drink during your fasted state? I feel that BCAA's really help curb my hungry (personally). Can I still do coffee with a splash of cream? Maybe I will try what you do for fasting for two weeks and see how much it helps, nonetheless still have to be in a caloric deficit to see weight loss.

About the MCT/fat intake:

I currently use coconut oil to cook pancakes LOL maybe I will just stick with eggs for my fats?
In my fasted state i just drink plain water, if i want to add flavour i add vitamin c powder around 2-3 grams per 2 litres of water, For my hunger i find Bloodshr3d Raw, Ignit3, or Alpha Yohimbine - 3-6 milligrams work well to reduce hunger until i break my fast at around 12-1pm, i also use Evomuse DCP which works well to reduce appetite and hunger pangs but does cause heartburn due to high concentrated capsicum extract which requires for me to drink 1-1.5 litres of cold water to get rid of pain, i have also used Assass1nate by OL when not using DCP but is a tad less effective for overall fat loss in my opinion.

If i have coffee it is always percolated coffee, strength 5-6 around 4-5 heaped dessert spoons for me my father and my brother for a total yield of around 1.5 litres of coffee, don't know how much caffeine is in it but it is very strong, i always have coffee black and never add any cream or sugar / sweetener to ensure fast is not broken. (i would drop the cream if it is within your fasted window just to be safe) at then end of the day it is calories in vs out and the deficit will determine the fat loss as well as the composition / breakdown of macro nutrients to ensure as much muscle is preserved as possible

I use coconut oil to cook eggs / omelette and it works well, some others i use are refined olive oil due to extra virgin becoming not so healthy at high temps, macadamia nut oil is great and avocado oil is another great alternative. one of my fave meals when lower carb has to be 3 egg whites 3 whole eggs , 6 grams of fat e.g. coconut oil, macadamia nut or avocado + 50-100 grams of full fat or 30% reduced fat cheddar, or the newer version of low fat cheese which are made with skimmed milk but do not taste quite as good. i have also on occasion added some Encona hot sauce or OXO beef stock cubes crushed to add flavour and a couple of mushrooms, spinach leaves, cucumber and chilli as well as some garlic.