Focus XT + Piracetam works better with choline citrate added...

deh707

Awards
Lately, I've been having inconsistencies when stacking Piracetam with caffeine-free FXT (even regular FXT).

Everytime I add any amount of piracetam, I get sleepy after an hour.

I had a tub of 500g SNS choline citrate laying around, which always works good when taken with piracetam (just pir/chol citrate), so I was wondering if the choline bitartrate in FXT is either weak and/or not dosed high enough for me to use piracetam with.

Now, everytime I add choline citrate to FXT (or CF-FXT) + Piracetam, I'm getting much better results/synergy.

The 3 following dosages/stacks have been working flawlessly, and better than FXT/CF-FXT alone:

1. 1/2 scoop FXT/CF-FXT + 1.6g piracetam + 500mg choline citrate
2. 1/2 scoop FXT/CF-FXT + 2.4g piracetam + 1g choline citrate
3. 1 scoop FXT/CF-FXT + 2.4 piracetam + 500mg choline citrate.

Does anyone else add any type of choline with their Focus XT (whether piracetam is involved or not)?

Also, I've heard that it isn't recommended to add choline to FXT, by some SNS reps, but I've been having phenomenal results.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Coop might give yah a better answer since I barely started playing with the Racetams. However I do not add extra Choline to FXT, I add ALCAR.

-1 scoop FXT + 1g ALCAR + .5-1g Piracetam and perfect!

If you really need good sharp focus and energy...I mean...not be a stim addict here...but you can add a Bronkaid :D!

deh707

Awards
Coop might give yah a better answer since I barely started playing with the Racetams. However I do not add extra Choline to FXT, I add ALCAR.

-1 scoop FXT + 1g ALCAR + .5-1g Piracetam and perfect!

If you really need good sharp focus and energy...I mean...not be a stim addict here...but you can add a Bronkaid :D!
Yep, I also add ALCAR (500mg-1g) whenever I feel I need the extra boost. Works great.

Yes, Bronkaid is a great addition, but I tend to get a little jittery when caffeine is mixed with it. This why I always add L-Theanine (200mg) whenever I have more than 100mg caffeine, especially with another stimulant like the ephedrine in Bronkaid.

While the extra ALCAR, and Bronkaid are good additions, I just prefer to stick to minimal stacks for convenience and value. FXT + choline citrate + piracetam is my definite stack.

However... my recent experiments with Noopept and FXT/choline have been producing even better results... I'm just undecided on whether to use something as new as Noopept, as a long term aid, since I like to stick to the long term proven ingredients. Maybe I'll just use it on an as-needed basis.

dcne02

Awards
  • Established
Yep, I also add ALCAR (500mg-1g) whenever I feel I need the extra boost. Works great.

Yes, Bronkaid is a great addition, but I tend to get a little jittery when caffeine is mixed with it. This why I always add L-Theanine (200mg) whenever I have more than 100mg caffeine, especially with another stimulant like the ephedrine in Bronkaid.

While the extra ALCAR, and Bronkaid are good additions, I just prefer to stick to minimal stacks for convenience and value. FXT + choline citrate + piracetam is my definite stack.

However... my recent experiments with Noopept and FXT/choline have been producing even better results... I'm just undecided on whether to use something as new as Noopept, as a long term aid, since I like to stick to the long term proven ingredients. Maybe I'll just use it on an as-needed basis.
Just took 20mg Noopept + 1g ALCAR + 200mg Na-ra-ala, good times :) Going to try this with EC tomorrow morning.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
It may simply be the fact that you are taking two highly choline-depleting compounds (noopept and piracetam), whereas in the past you may have only been taking piracetam throughout the week.

purebred

It may simply be the fact that you are taking two highly choline-depleting compounds (noopept and piracetam), whereas in the past you may have only been taking piracetam throughout the week.
I wasn't aware piracetam depleted choline citrate levels! Do you have any links on this topic?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I wasn't aware piracetam depleted choline citrate levels! Do you have any links on this topic?
Not choline citrate, but rather acetylcholine, as one of its purported MOAs (the data is a little fuzzy on how exactly piracetam works). This isn't necessarily a bad thing for memory purposes, but nootropics are extremely user-subjective due to everyone's unique neurology, so it is just a guess as to why OP is experiencing this phenomenon.

deh707

Awards
That makes a ton of sense, I've actually thought about that exact theory.

I am going to drop out the Noopept and choline citrate for now, and see how FXT and Piracetam work as a duo, just like old times.