Flavoring crown royal?

Firstcycle

Banned
Awards
I am going on a cruise next week and bought a couple bottles I am thinking of taking about 20 Apple jolly ranchers and putting them in the bottle over night ....will it make it taste that way... They don't sale the Apple on the boat ...that's why I chat buy that one before anyone says that lol

AllTheGainz

Awards
Why not just steep it in some apple juice/slices till you need it? Moonshiners do it with peaches etc.

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Why don't you do a small "test" run NOW and see if it works the way you want

Firstcycle

Banned
Awards
True. Good point ....i am buying the bottle on the boat.....so I don't buy a lot of beer ....

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
True. Good point ....i am buying the bottle on the boat.....so I don't buy a lot of beer ....
If it's like most cruise lines, you don't get to drink bottles you buy on the ship. They hold it till the end and let you have it late the night before getting off. They will sell it to you duty free, but won't let you drink it. They expect you to buy their bar drinks.

At least with Carnival, which I've been on about 8 times. My first cruise, around 2002 or 2003, I packed 4 liters in my suitcase. I was shocked it made it to my state room, so I stayed hammered the entire trip. The last day was the worst hangover in my life, which was the last time I drank.

AllTheGainz

Awards
If you get drunk enough on a cruise ship while out at sea, does that make you a pirate?

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
I am going on a cruise next week and bought a couple bottles I am thinking of taking about 20 Apple jolly ranchers and putting them in the bottle over night ....will it make it taste that way... They don't sale the Apple on the boat ...that's why I chat buy that one before anyone says that lol
id use vodka for that idea. skittles in place of jolly also.

Firstcycle

Banned
Awards
I ordered the bottle from carnival...so I get it the second day at sea... I am not sneaking it on ... Yeah vodka makes my head hurt but good idea .. Last timebibwent me and the wife spent about 800 on just alcohol ... Figure in mix drinks this time I can cut back on that... Thanks guys for the help

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
as an actual whisky drinker, this thread was painful

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
as an actual whisky drinker, this thread was painful
^^^ This lol, and i don't even drink much whiskey.

I will say Crown Apple is cool every once in while, if I'm trying a new drink someone makes with it. I would skip adding the jolly ranchers, instead open bottle, pour over a few ice cubes and drink :D

AllTheGainz

Awards
I've heard cherry coke works? Have I heard wrong?

Firstcycle

Banned
Awards
I got spoiled by the Apple crown ....tasted wonderful. But can't buy that on the boat

Firstcycle

Banned
Awards
Might just do the ole crown and coke zero and the good ole yeti

AllTheGainz

Awards
Yet to try the apple crown, can't wait tho. Weekend is just around the corner.

AllTheGainz

Awards
Is it dumbed down at all in terms of AC or does it still taste like crown with a hint of Apple?

Firstcycle

Banned
Awards
Mix it with sprite and it's seriously tastes like a jolly rancher.