First mens physique competition

pcowan13

Awards
Hey guys! Not really new to the forum, just been a "browser" for a while now.

I am going to do my first men's physique competition on November 2nd so 6 weeks out. Kinda wanted to log the last 6 weeks to keep myself on track and get some advice.

Currently weighing in at 177 at 6'1". Body fat caliper has me at about 7.5% though I'm not sure I'm that low. Maybe I am. Still holding more fat around my mid section than I would like at this point.

Current stack contains
Daily:
Clen 2x a day 75mcg each (worked up to this over first 2 weeks, this is the start of my 4th week on clen)
Ketofiten 2 mg every evening (started this after 2nd week of clen)
T3 25mcg once a day
DAA 3g every morning
Creatine 5g every morning
Quite a bit of caffeine randomly through different sources through the day.
Going to start PES erase on Monday going to start at 2 a day and try to work to 3 a day

Pre workout
1scoop hemavol
1scoop nano vapor
Additional 5g citruline malate
6 SNS xgels

Currently on a keto diet through the week with a refeed on the weekend.
Macros Sunday-Monday
240 protein
55 fat
50 carb

Saturday
200 protein
60 fat
400 carb

Training
I am currently running a modified doc split. It is a push pull legs split 4 times a week ( MWFS) so I hit each body part a second time with in seven days.

I will try to post pictures of where I'm at tomorrow.
Any advice on my supplements or diet would be greatly appreciated.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Subed

pcowan13

Awards
Thanks man hoping this helps keep me disciplined

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Thanks man hoping this helps keep me disciplined
Word. I am looking at competing here at the first part of next year. I wish you the best of luck in your prep. I can tell you from experience that the lower section of the abs dont really get flat until you go through your water depletion cycle a week before the comp. Are you training with some one or are you doing it solo?

pcowan13

Awards
I have two different training partners I train with. The one I train with on Saturdays is the guy who really got me into fitness and was my personal trainer for about a year and now we are best friends and he is mid contest prep for a bodybuilding show. The guy I train with the other 3 days is just a good buddy of mine who want ls to get back into lifting after being out of it for awhile. So luckily I'm not alone lol

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
I have two different training partners I train with. The one I train with on Saturdays is the guy who really got me into fitness and was my personal trainer for about a year and now we are best friends and he is mid contest prep for a bodybuilding show. The guy I train with the other 3 days is just a good buddy of mine who want ls to get back into lifting after being out of it for awhile. So luckily I'm not alone lol
Nice! Train and prep with your BB buddy and you should do just fine. Just be sure to post all the little tricks he gives you so that we all can learn :)

pcowan13

Awards
Nice! Train and prep with your BB buddy and you should do just fine. Just be sure to post all the little tricks he gives you so that we all can learn :)
Haha ok will do this is his first show to but he's been training for quite a bit longer than me!

pcowan13

Awards
This morning was pull. Work out felt good!! Starting to notice some strength plateaus in some of my lifts like rack dreads and such. Not really any loss but definitely a little harder to progress.

Workout
Alt. bicep curl - rest pause
Inc. Bench hammer curl - rest pause
1 arm spider curls - alternating to failure
Rack dead lifts 4x8
Pull ups 4xfailure
Hammer strength ISO rows 4x8
Ghr sit ups

Going to try and post som pictures I took here later today

pcowan13

Awards
Feeling pretty good this morning. Hit cardio twice yesterday and killed my macros.

This morning was push
Flat dumbbell
Decline chest fly
Incline dumbbell
Seated dumbbell shoulder press
Superset:
Rear delt fly
Side laterals
Front raise
Russian twists

Work out felt great!! Actually hit a pr on flat dumbbell 70lbs by 12!! Looks like I'll be grabbing the 75's next time!!

pcowan13

Awards
Also started erase yesterday so excited to see how that helps me lean out!!

pcowan13

Awards
3 per day 2 pre workout 1 at night been good for me
I had done some reading and figured I would do this first week with just 2 a day 1 pwo and 1 before bed. Then if I don't have any problems move to 3 a day

pcowan13

Awards
New low this morning at 176.8.

Overslept though and missed cardio ...
I'll do it after I get off work today.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not for nothing and I'm not tryin to be rude but the road to competition is extremely tough

I would wait for burners so you have something to aid a plateau. It's great you set a date but don't kill yourself getting to it because issues arise with Losing muscle on a fast track diet

I too am on my way to first competition. (No clen or anything). But I'm setting a goal date of nov 2nd which is pretty far away and I'm sitting at like 7%. Ill make decision of when I'm competing then and try and coast and even reverse diet into it

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Your cals look extremely low during the week. Hope you're not burning muscle while losing fat.

pcowan13

Awards
Not for nothing and I'm not tryin to be rude but the road to competition is extremely tough I would wait for burners so you have something to aid a plateau. It's great you set a date but don't kill yourself getting to it because issues arise with Losing muscle on a fast track diet I too am on my way to first competition. (No clen or anything). But I'm setting a goal date of nov 2nd which is pretty far away and I'm sitting at like 7%. Ill make decision of when I'm competing then and try and coast and even reverse diet into it
Nov 2nd is my goal right now and being only 5 weeks away I hope to be contest ready atleast 2 weeks ahead of time.

pcowan13

Awards
Your cals look extremely low during the week. Hope you're not burning muscle while losing fat.
I didn't start this low I have lowered them as I have been dieting still only loosing an average of 1-1.5 pounds a week. Something I'm hoping on fixing post contest is a good reverse diet to help get my metabolism up where I can diet on less. Also I am still seeing strength gains in some lifts.

pcowan13

Awards
And with my refeed my 7 day average comes out to about 1900-2000 calories which I don't think is too low

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nov 2nd is my goal right now and being only 5 weeks away I hope to be contest ready atleast 2 weeks ahead of time.
You don't want to sound rude saying you won't be ready BC it may be possible doing it smart. But your bodyfat is no where near where IMO it needs to be 4 weeks out.

My clients at 4-5 weeks out are at around 7-8% generally

1900-2000 average is pretty low for your weight.

I'm sitting at 2300-2400 with 200-220 carb 230 protein and 50 fat give or take generally. Not including my 2 high days at 3300 or so I'm 179.

I'm just trying to help you do you don't burn your metabolism. There's ways around things. Trust me. I mean peak week is tough. But you shouldn't have to do anything drastic diet wise that week. And I feel like that may be a plan

Keep progressing and see where you are a week out or 2 weeks out and make your decision then.

We are all here to help you move forward. And we all want to see you succeed on you goal. I'm personally just worried about your metabolism. Possible rebound.

pcowan13

Awards
You don't want to sound rude saying you won't be ready BC it may be possible doing it smart. But your bodyfat is no where near where IMO it needs to be 4 weeks out. My clients at 4-5 weeks out are at around 7-8% generally 1900-2000 average is pretty low for your weight. I'm sitting at 2300-2400 with 200-220 carb 230 protein and 50 fat give or take generally. Not including my 2 high days at 3300 or so I'm 179. I'm just trying to help you do you don't burn your metabolism. There's ways around things. Trust me. I mean peak week is tough. But you shouldn't have to do anything drastic diet wise that week. And I feel like that may be a plan Keep progressing and see where you are a week out or 2 weeks out and make your decision then. We are all here to help you move forward. And we all want to see you succeed on you goal. I'm personally just worried about your metabolism. Possible rebound.
Thanks for the help! It really is appreciated. I agree I am probably not where I need to be which is part of the reason I haven't registered for the show yet. I think the damage has been done to my metabolism already due to a poor diet in the off season I had just gotten into lifting and didn't track anything and wasn't eating enough calories in general let alone protein. Guesses would be 2700 cals over 100 fat over 250 carb and probably under 120 protein depending on the day. I had plateaued on a daily diet of 2100 cals and that is when I changed it up and went to this approach and started seeing steady weight loss at 1-1.5 pounds. Even if I'm at 7-8% at the show I will still probably do it as I want to get the experience of my first show. And now that I have gotten to this point I know more of how I want to do my off season and diet next time.

Thanks so much again for the advice. Sorry if I came off as rude as that was never the intention.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Thanks for the help! It really is appreciated. I agree I am probably not where I need to be which is part of the reason I haven't registered for the show yet. I think the damage has been done to my metabolism already due to a poor diet in the off season I had just gotten into lifting and didn't track anything and wasn't eating enough calories in general let alone protein. Guesses would be 2700 cals over 100 fat over 250 carb and probably under 120 protein depending on the day. I had plateaued on a daily diet of 2100 cals and that is when I changed it up and went to this approach and started seeing steady weight loss at 1-1.5 pounds. Even if I'm at 7-8% at the show I will still probably do it as I want to get the experience of my first show. And now that I have gotten to this point I know more of how I want to do my off season and diet next time.

Thanks so much again for the advice. Sorry if I came off as rude as that was never the intention.
At the very least go and watch the show. Its great fun! and you may get to meet some knowledgeable people who are in the crowd or at the booths set up around the function. Then you will know exactly what to expect, also you will know what wins a show before you step on stage. Keep working at it brother!

pcowan13

Awards
At the very least go and watch the show. Its great fun! and you may get to meet some knowledgeable people who are in the crowd or at the booths set up around the function. Then you will know exactly what to expect, also you will know what wins a show before you step on stage. Keep working at it brother!
Definitely will!! Thanks for the encouragement!!

pcowan13

Awards
Feel like I owe you guys an update. Well I decided against doing the competition this year. I was much smaller than I had anticipated and I underestimated how much I needed to diet from the beginning. I have started a reverse diet and hope to put on some size with as little fat gain as possible, and possibly compete in a year or two. Thanks for all the encouragement and help

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Feel like I owe you guys an update. Well I decided against doing the competition this year. I was much smaller than I had anticipated and I underestimated how much I needed to diet from the beginning. I have started a reverse diet and hope to put on some size with as little fat gain as possible, and possibly compete in a year or two. Thanks for all the encouragement and help
Man,

Goto the show see what it's about bro!

I'm going to the wheeling one even though I'm not going to compete but ill be lean enough to compete

pcowan13

Awards
Man, Goto the show see what it's about bro! I'm going to the wheeling one even though I'm not going to compete but ill be lean enough to compete
I'm planning on it. Thanks!