Finasteride side effects

jaydee

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, just need a little advice. I took finasteride 1mg a day for about 5 months and stopped due to side effects of low libido and a little erectyle disfunction. Its now 5 months later and im even worse. My testosterone dropped significantly as soon as i stopped taking it and my symptoms got worse.

The testosterone has slowly started creeping back up, but is not what it was before and while this is happening, my free testosterone is getting lower and lower. Estrogens are all ok and SHBG is fine, so where is all the T going?

My FSH and LH are low as well. Im wondering if i need to try and kickstart my testosterone production again somehow and if so how do i do that? Also how do i find a doctor thats willing to give a man in there 20's testoserone or hormones?:frustrate Any advice would be appreiciated.

jaydee

Awards
  • Established
Hey Phil, i am already a member on that forum, but feel my issue is due to low T and im not sure they can really help me with it. My hormones are:

Testosterone: 21.8 ref (11-40) nmol/L
Free Testosterone: 31 ref (60-130) pmol/L
SHBG: 33 ref (10-70) nmol/L
LH: 2 ref (<9) U/L
FSH: 2 ref (3-20) U/L
Oestradiol: 92 ref (40-250) pmol/L
Prolactin: 160 ref (<500) mIU/L
DHT: 2 ref (2-20)

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
Hey Phil, i am already a member on that forum, but feel my issue is due to low T and im not sure they can really help me with it. My hormones are:

Testosterone: 21.8 ref (11-40) nmol/L
Free Testosterone: 31 ref (60-130) pmol/L
SHBG: 33 ref (10-70) nmol/L
LH: 2 ref (<9) U/L
FSH: 2 ref (3-20) U/L
Oestradiol: 92 ref (40-250) pmol/L
Prolactin: 160 ref (<500) mIU/L
DHT: 2 ref (2-20)
Dam Free is low yet SHBG is not that bad.
your testosterone in are units is about 625 you would not need in my mind TRT but maybe some clomid would help get it started again.
Phil