Finaflex REDEFINING Pumps and Preworkouts in this Beta Test! (Sp)

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
Good looking log man. Got mine up Monday. This stuff is interesting so far.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good looking log so far Cel! Nice attempt on that bench, looks like your butt came up off the bench a bit be careful of that. Can't wait to witness the next one where you get that bad boy!

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
Good looking log so far Cel! Nice attempt on that bench, looks like your butt came up off the bench a bit be careful of that. Can't wait to witness the next one where you get that bad boy!
My thoughts exactly. Keep that ass down but good try man. You're extremely close to pushing that. Keep it up!

Ballesteri

Ballesteri

Awards
specially when I have to get out quick and meet a female colleague ;)

As promised :( video of my failure! Comments appreciated specially since we all have to fall...to get up and rise!
Should have got her to spot you, just a thimble more of insperation and I think you just may have had it

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Good looking log man. Got mine up Monday. This stuff is interesting so far.
My thoughts exactly. Keep that ass down but good try man. You're extremely close to pushing that. Keep it up!
Thanks for the support and welcome guys :). Posting from the phone but still making an update atm.

Lower body DE Speed Pulls

Conventional dead lift (less than 1 minute between sets)

Warmup

135x5x2

Sets
165x3
165x3
165x3
165x3
165x3
165x3
175x2
175x2

Suspended good mornings, went all out on these ones

135x15x6

Leg press
2 plates x 8
2 plates x 8
3 plates x 8
3 plates x 8

AB movement 1

Hanging leg raises all the way to the top and slow negatives

BWx10x4

AB movement 2

Standing cable crunches

60x20x6

Needed to get a lot out of my system today. Photo in the white bathroom is at home at 5:30 am when I dosed it, the rest are around 8:15~ post workout.

Attachments

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
the X shape is under construction!
nice improvements from when i first saw you last yr cel
once again - good work :)

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
the X shape is under construction!
nice improvements from when i first saw you last yr cel
once again - good work :)
Takes YEARS to reach a strong and aesthetic physique hehe...I'm a decade away from where I want to be, but it really means a lot when brothers like you recognize however little improvement I have done :) thanks a lot my friend. You know your opinion is much valued and appreciated.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
day after day, month after month, year after year... it's a lifelong persuit with no destination just journey...

Ballesteri

Ballesteri

Awards
day after day, month after month, year after year... it's a lifelong persuit with no destination just journey...
Much like wealth accumulation eh Dream, Celorza if you were it apply half the effort to investing you do to lifting you would be a millionaire by age 30, I don't know perhaps you already are.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Much like wealth accumulation eh Dream, Celorza if you were it apply half the effort to investing you do to lifting you would be a millionaire by age 30, I don't know perhaps you already are.
A lot like life in general..

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Much like wealth accumulation eh Dream, Celorza if you were it apply half the effort to investing as I do being humorous you would be a millionaire by age 30, I don't know perhaps you already are.
riiight??

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
A lot like life in general..
Absolutely. It's all about the journey. If you forget to enjoy the journey then the destination will be much less sweet.

Cel: quads are looking good bro and those tris are popping nicely. Good work.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Absolutely. It's all about the journey. If you forget to enjoy the journey then the destination will be much less sweet.

Thanks bro! Spent a good deal on blowing them a bit up the past few weeks...I realized I needed to focus more on rep exercises to build my triceps and quads...now I'm thinking the same about my hammies and lats to keep the balance all in all haha. Shoulders are lagging a bit, but military is still going up in fatigue resistance and strength...BUT I cannot get these puppies to grow haha...I am not a fan of side raises though I might need them!

Ballesteri

Ballesteri

Awards

“Be of good cheer. Do not think of today's failures, but of the success that may come tomorrow. You have set yourselves a difficult task, but you will succeed if you persevere; and you will find a joy in overcoming obstacles. Remember, no effort that we make to attain something beautiful is ever lost"

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Side Laterals are where it is at for growth when pressing isn't doing it man. I know it is far from a power move but the power you will obtain from the muscle built by that move that is another thing all together. Kind of in the same way abductor work can really increase your squat. Nobody enjoys them but man do they make a difference. Plus the medial delts are the largest head of the dealt so if you want size you want to focus on them.

Triceps look beast, legs coming up, as Snags said you have made a serious difference since you and I started talking a while back. You are much thicker and much more muscular.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Side Laterals are where it is at for growth when pressing isn't doing it man. I know it is far from a power move but the power you will obtain from the muscle built by that move that is another thing all together. Kind of in the same way abductor work can really increase your squat. Nobody enjoys them but man do they make a difference. Plus the medial delts are the largest head of the dealt so if you want size you want to focus on them.

Triceps look beast, legs coming up, as Snags said you have made a serious difference since you and I started talking a while back. You are much thicker and much more muscular.
Right now I'll try anything...I got too caught up on my total and 1RM that I forgot the whole concept of having fun, setting even rep PRs and challenging myself to get stronger overall...a famous quote says: "A bigger muscle has the potential to be a stronger muscle" , meaning that while size isn't necessarily needed for power, it can be a good way to build it...so yeah I'll have to get cracking on them, back a while ago I used to have a 25lb x 20 reps PR...might be time to revisit that with a better tempo and no cheat...might come out to be a 25x15 but with a proper explosive movement and slow and controlled negative for good TUT.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards

Oh and really means a lot brother, specially since you were following along since my very first log here I remember haha.

Ballesteri

Ballesteri

Awards
...a famous quote says: "A bigger muscle has the potential to be a stronger muscle"
Well said, one may also say an educated mind has the potential to make a stronger person.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Well said, one may also say an educated mind has the potential to make a stronger person.
As far as I know...in all aspects Knowledge = Power. How you use it, and for what, defines who you are.

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
Thanks bro! Spent a good deal on blowing them a bit up the past few weeks...I realized I needed to focus more on rep exercises to build my triceps and quads...now I'm thinking the same about my hammies and lats to keep the balance all in all haha. Shoulders are lagging a bit, but military is still going up in fatigue resistance and strength...BUT I cannot get these puppies to grow haha...I am not a fan of side raises though I might need them!
If they're not growing then its time for something new. I struggle with shoulder just because I destroyed them when I was younger an now it's hard to work them without pain. Of course I do it anyway. Lol

Kleens suggestion is a very good one. Chris knows his ****. Give it a try for a while.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
If they're not growing then its time for something new. I struggle with shoulder just because I destroyed them when I was younger an now it's hard to work them without pain. Of course I do it anyway. Lol

Kleens suggestion is a very good one. Chris knows his ****. Give it a try for a while.
Oh and I know Chris is a smart man with loads of experience, I could throw it in with my Shoulder Prehab I have 1 of the Upper body days, right before YTWs or Cuff Exercises.

Ballesteri

Ballesteri

Awards
I have the same problem, and have beem experimenting with mixing dmso as a carrier for UC-II to better results than any oral. I have plans to test Gluc. Chond. and hyaluronic acid among others in this way as well.

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
I have the same problem, and have beem experimenting with mixing dmso as a carrier for UC-II to better results than any oral. I have plans to test Gluc. Chond. and hyaluronic acid among others in this way as well.
Interesting. I've tried oral hyralaunic acid and wasn't impressed.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Shoulders seem to take a big beating, I think some machine work would be a good thing. I love push press but it takes a fuggin toll...

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Interesting. I've tried oral hyralaunic acid and wasn't impressed.
this one takes a long while to build up, and promote results
not something you will "notice" quickly, and oral efficacy remains an issue

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The key to Hyalauronic Acid or however the hell it is spelled is you need to take it with an antacid to get it to be absorbed and utilized with any efficacy. Also add in some manganese with it as well and BOOM life gets a bit better.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Another thing is since HA is utilized in the skin I am not sure how much of it would even make it through a transdermal since once working it way through the skin it will probably be utilized there. Of course that is an assumption I am making via bro-logic.

Ballesteri

Ballesteri

Awards
Another thing is since HA is utilized in the skin I am not sure how much of it would even make it through a transdermal since once working it way through the skin it will probably be utilized there. Of course that is an assumption I am making via bro-logic.
The properties of hyaluronic acid used for treatment of acute and chronic joint disease are known for many years and this compound is widely used both in humans and animals. To obtain a therapeutic effect of a certain drug, the appropriate concentration in the target organ or tissue is important. The application of labeled compounds is one of the frequently applied techniques to estimate drug penetration into the skin and other body tissues or organs. The aim of the study was to evaluate the penetration of hyaluronic acid labeled with I-131 through the skin and its distribution within the knee joint and other internal organs in rabbits after a topical application of an ointment containing hyaluronic acid. The experiment was performed on 22 albino rabbits divided into control and examined groups. Fifteen rabbits were exposed to the multicomponent ointment containing hyaluronic acid labeled with I-131. Time of exposure was 48 hours. Hyaluronate penetrated to a high degree into the examined tissues. No significant differences in terms of leg tissue activity were observed between a leg tissue exposed to labeled ointment and that unexposed, suggesting that after topical administration, the active component of the ointment is delivered to the joint via the blood stream. Hyaluronate applied topically penetrates through the skin into the rabbit tissues and organs and into the joint fluid of both legs (exposed and not exposed). This route of administration seems to be useful for this drug delivery and allows to avoid unnecessary side effects.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The properties of hyaluronic acid used for treatment of acute and chronic joint disease are known for many years and this compound is widely used both in humans and animals. To obtain a therapeutic effect of a certain drug, the appropriate concentration in the target organ or tissue is important. The application of labeled compounds is one of the frequently applied techniques to estimate drug penetration into the skin and other body tissues or organs. The aim of the study was to evaluate the penetration of hyaluronic acid labeled with I-131 through the skin and its distribution within the knee joint and other internal organs in rabbits after a topical application of an ointment containing hyaluronic acid. The experiment was performed on 22 albino rabbits divided into control and examined groups. Fifteen rabbits were exposed to the multicomponent ointment containing hyaluronic acid labeled with I-131. Time of exposure was 48 hours. Hyaluronate penetrated to a high degree into the examined tissues. No significant differences in terms of leg tissue activity were observed between a leg tissue exposed to labeled ointment and that unexposed, suggesting that after topical administration, the active component of the ointment is delivered to the joint via the blood stream. Hyaluronate applied topically penetrates through the skin into the rabbit tissues and organs and into the joint fluid of both legs (exposed and not exposed). This route of administration seems to be useful for this drug delivery and allows to avoid unnecessary side effects.
Nice, so the key is a quick transporter, if doing that I would also opt to add in some EMU Oil to said transdermal not only will it pull the HA into the body quickly but it is also widely known for it's strong anti-inflammatory properties.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
so ... you give it to the rabbits and then you cook them up and eat them right ?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Who do you think writes these studies
He likes the links so he can reference them and read the study not just the summary of it. Snags loves to research he isn't questioning you so much as asking for a resource.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Today was supposed to be Upper body DE :) instead let's call it Hell Day...Hell day was sponsored by Valentines Day and my beautiful temper.

Upper Body DE Bench (Speed)

Warm up:
45x5
45x5
95x5
95x5

(Had to really get the blood going, scapula was being annoying and also the lumbar, worked around it)

Sets:
115x3x8

30-45 seconds rest between sets.

Supplemental lift:

CGBP Balls to the wall :)

135x8
135x8
155x8
155x8
165x8
165x10 PR

Shoulder assistance: OHP
95x8
95x8
95x8
95x11 PR (previous was 10, and it was nice to get without any push press)

Side Raises:
15x15x4 (Focused on TUT, 4 sec negative and at least a 1 second contraction at the top) 1 minute rest between sets.

Lats assistance: Sorry...here is where I lost my temper...

Dead Hang 4 sec negative Chin ups.

BWX8
BW+25X6X4

Cable Rows (yup...I was gone)

Wide Hammer Grip attachment
100x15
120x15

Bar Attachment, wide grip
120x15
120x15

Close Grip Hammer grip attachment
140x15
160x15 PR

Long gone into the anger...music was pumping it even more
Rear Delt Fly machine
70x15x4

Yup...good memories from thursday soaring in now
Prone Barbell Shrugs
135x8x4 , 4-1-1 tempo again

Surprise lift: Bicep Barbell Curls!! Me the great neglecter of biceps :)
85x6x4

To finish off 20 minutes on the Rowing Machine! Yay!

To clarify now, today I could go grade by grade one by one...but my pics will let the talking happen, and the fact I did all this in less than 2 hours (without the cardio time) and I'm writing this with a massive pump all through the arms/lats/shoulders...yeah that should attest it.

Today it surpassed my expectations in all aspects, and it gets a sound 5/5 in all of them, main reason being that all through the pulling movements...my forearms were so damn pumped, my brachioradialis and brachi were so insanely in pain due to the pump...that it helped fuel the temper tantrum I was putting today in the gym. But now let's see if the pics can make it some justice.

Note ALL OF THIS PICTURES ARE POST WORKOUT

Relaxed state from behind picture:
Screen shot 2013-02-16 at 12.04.06 PM.png
Screen shot 2013-02-16 at 12.05.47 PM.png

From the front:
Screen shot 2013-02-16 at 12.04.53 PM.png

Those 3 are without flexing and I feel all the blood rushed into my lats and arms altogether anyway...

Now Flex:
Screen shot 2013-02-16 at 12.06.47 PM.png
Screen shot 2013-02-16 at 12.07.13 PM.png
Screen shot 2013-02-16 at 12.07.29 PM.png
Screen shot 2013-02-16 at 12.07.44 PM.png

But the ones at the gym bathroom take the price...
Screen shot 2013-02-16 at 12.15.07 PM.png
Screen shot 2013-02-16 at 12.15.17 PM.png
Screen shot 2013-02-16 at 12.15.23 PM.png

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Some more I took when I got home...
Screen shot 2013-02-16 at 12.14.50 PM.png
Screen shot 2013-02-16 at 12.14.59 PM.png
Screen shot 2013-02-16 at 12.18.32 PM.png

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Beast mode! That was a hell of a workout! Congrats on the PR.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
lovin the shape..half-noodz is cool :D
and love me some temper-fueled training sessions..harnassed, these can provide the best setting for your training, ever
(unharnessed however, can be quite distractive and frustrating)

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Definitely pumped bro!

I love it when i can channel my aggression in the gym, and if you have a good pre workout its that much better!

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Quick update:

Dosed today on an empty stomach and planned to merely go for a Leisure walk and do some Foam-Rolling and stretching...but yeah I had felt a bit down and the one thing that always cheers me up is some hardcore HIIT and a good sweat, so on my walk to the gym I decided to give Max Pump a run for it's money.

HIIT: Elliptical
-5 minute Jog
-8 sets of:
-30 second all out
-60 second jog/walk
-1 set of:
-1:30 minute sprint near failure.
-10~ minute cooldown jog

Experience: Off the hook. I enjoy this vastly, and I noticed my anaerobic threshold rose a lot, specially in the 1:30 minute sprint, which is usually barely 1:00 minute to a 1:05 minute max. Recovery in between sets was much faster also, didn't feel the need to walk for more than 10-15 secs on the last ones, and also had an amazing sweat all throughout the workout. I am certain of it's Nitric Oxide enhancing abilities, and the endurance benefits are notorious.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
^^ exquisite feedback, truly

(better than noodz even.....mmmmm well okay it's a close call)
:D

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
^^ exquisite feedback, truly

(better than noodz even.....mmmmm well okay it's a close call)
:D
My exquisite noodz still win, even by a close call?

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Quick update:

Dosed today on an empty stomach and planned to merely go for a Leisure walk and do some Foam-Rolling and stretching...but yeah I had felt a bit down and the one thing that always cheers me up is some hardcore HIIT and a good sweat, so on my walk to the gym I decided to give Max Pump a run for it's money.

HIIT: Elliptical
-5 minute Jog
-8 sets of:
-30 second all out
-60 second jog/walk
-1 set of:
-1:30 minute sprint near failure.
-10~ minute cooldown jog

Experience: Off the hook. I enjoy this vastly, and I noticed my anaerobic threshold rose a lot, specially in the 1:30 minute sprint, which is usually barely 1:00 minute to a 1:05 minute max. Recovery in between sets was much faster also, didn't feel the need to walk for more than 10-15 secs on the last ones, and also had an amazing sweat all throughout the workout. I am certain of it's Nitric Oxide enhancing abilities, and the endurance benefits are notorious.
Priceless feedback man! We appreciate the time and effort.

I love me some HIIt on a bike, gets me sweating and my furnace burning like no other!

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Priceless feedback man! We appreciate the time and effort.

I love me some HIIt on a bike, gets me sweating and my furnace burning like no other!
Thanks brother :). For some reason my knees have come to hate stationary bikes lately! I have no idea why, actually tried some earlier this week, anything over a mile or 5~ minutes at high resistance levels will spike pain in the inner quad right around the knee? Lately I think also my diet has to be adjusted better for better potassium and electrolyte intake...for damn calf cramps and hammy cramps are occurring more and more haha.