Fedor vs Antonio Silva Fight (video)

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think Fedor has fights in him still.
For sure, but I think he needs to seek training outside his very limited and exclusive circle of training partners. Presumably he's the king of the mountain in every aspect relative to his training partners and that's not optimally conducive for self improvement, imho.

mikeonopiates

Awards
fedor's crappy training in russia can only take him so far. if fedor wants to compete in today's world then he needs to start training with today's standards, and that includes him actually fighting real partners and working on a better strength program. his training used to work for him in pride, but its not going to cut it today, mma just has gotten too competitive for him.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
fedor's crappy training in russia can only take him so far. if fedor wants to compete in today's world then he needs to start training with today's standards, and that includes him actually fighting real partners and working on a better strength program. his training used to work for him in pride, but its not going to cut it today, mma just has gotten too competitive for him.
Basically....

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The real reason Fedor lost: no Enae Volare Mezzo.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
For sure, but I think he needs to seek training outside his very limited and exclusive circle of training partners. Presumably he's the king of the mountain in every aspect relative to his training partners and that's not optimally conducive for self improvement, imho.
Agreed, but is that realistically going to happen? I think the people around him might be contributing to his decline. I wonder if the bigger HW might make him want to reconsider a LHW stint. But, who knows. He has some real abilities and he would definitely benefit from better conditioning as well as "game planning."

Then again, the lack of game planning might be the reason he is so exciting to watch.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agreed, but is that realistically going to happen? I think the people around him might be contributing to his decline. I wonder if the bigger HW might make him want to reconsider a LHW stint. But, who knows. He has some real abilities and he would definitely benefit from better conditioning as well as "game planning."

Then again, the lack of game planning might be the reason he is so exciting to watch.
I don't know much, but I do know Fedor won't be cutting down to LHW. That makes three things in life that are certain, death, taxes and Fedor not cutting down to 205.