Fedor Emelianenko on Cro Cop: “There is something that broke in him.”

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Fedor Emelianenko on Cro Cop: “There is something that broke in him.”

WAMMA heavyweight champion Fedor Emelianenko has shed his opinion on Mirko Cro Cop stating that he is no longer the same man he was in Pride.

Speaking with a Ukranian website, the champ had this to say:

“I think that in that time Mirko was in his best form (Fedor said of their epic battle at Pride Final Conflict 2005). He was in good physical shape and he was on a psychological lift. He was a very interesting fighter. He had great potential. Now something happened to him. and he does not have either the physical condition or mental attitude.”

“There is something that broke in him and he is not the same fighter as he was before. This is evident on his style of fighting and on his look during the fight. I don’t know how to explain. … You know when a person goes into the ring to win, or at least not to lose. I mean, when a fighter is ready and goes to fight than it can be seen by his look. Regardless of whether he gets hit or not, he goes forward and regardless of whether he wins or loses, he wants to go forward, and it is clear from his burning eyes.”

“But it also happens that a fighter does not want to — not even to win, but he wants to get out of here so quickly as possible, out of the ring, out of the cage, with any result of the fight.”

Hopefully Mirko can prove he still has it at UFC 110 against “Big” Ben Rothwell. Rumor has it that Mirko has prepared for this fight by enduring what is said to be his toughest training camp today.

Fedor Emelianenko on Cro Cop: “There is something that broke in him.” | MMAPrime.TV

mh625

Awards
Well I for one think that Fedor is right. I don't know what it is but all those guys from pride minus Anderson and Rampage just aren't the same fighters they once were. I think that maybe those guys like Wanderlei and Cro Cop might have been on some anabolics there in japan where they probaly don't even drug test them, and coming to the ufc where the testing is stricter maybe thats why they seem to have lost that aggression I for one would like to seem them fight the way they did in pride espically Wanderlei they didn't call him the Axe Murderer for nothing.

SamuraiSid

Awards
Juice or no, you dont go from being at the top in pride to the bottom of the pile in the UFC. Ive heard that psycologically going from a ring to a cage is difficult for the first few fights, but maybe thats just an excuse.

But back to the point, Cro Cop isnt the same guy he used to be. Too bad, cuz he was one that deserved a belt.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
HE has looked downright awful I really wonder how much the Gonzaga KO really affected him

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
its many things.

Fighting in a cage
No steroids
No EPO
Old Age
They have like 25 fights to watch to see how he preforms
Evolving sport
Gonzaga kick

you add those up and a legend will not preform like he used to. I hope he ends a few more fights and retires with a slight win streak.

SamuraiSid

Awards
its many things.

Fighting in a cage
No steroids
No EPO
Old Age
They have like 25 fights to watch to see how he preforms
Evolving sport
Gonzaga kick

you add those up and a legend will not preform like he used to. I hope he ends a few more fights and retires with a slight win streak.

your not the first guy to say it Whitey, so I have to ask:

is it a commonly accepted fact that PRIDE fighters were all juiced up?

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
im sure many did and many didnt. it doesnt take away from there fights at all. many roided in the UFC and left because of testing and roided over there. it doesnt matter to me at all too many did it for me to care. this late in the career gonig from UFC to Pride to UFC or k-1 to pride to UFC ect there careers have been long and stiff testing now they arnt going to be the same at all.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
pain killers were also used in those 2-3 fights a night. no big deal tho because its still insane they could do that. it look awhile for pride to test. they did in america, im not sure about japan id say no.