Favorite routine on cycle??

F0xx3r

Awards
Curious what everyone runs or might do differently when they are on any type of cycle , sarm ph whatever .... I ran 531 bbb for my first a1m and saw noticeable strength and weight gain, what's your go to ? 5/3/1, cube, Texas method, phat, phul, ppl 2x a week, or a bro split for examples..

Khazima

Khazima

Awards
I haven't run anything yet, but from the data that i understand it seems higher frequency and high volume per muscle group works best for natural lifters, and the primary reason 'bro splits' work so well for enhanced athletes is due to things like muscle protein synthesis being extended. So if you're making positive adaptations for 4-5 days from one session, you can annihilate that muscle and make the full recovery since you'll be recovering within the cell for multiple days afterwards.

Where-as naturally you'll spike your MPS for 1-2 days after a workout, and that's all the positive adaptations you'll be making from that session. So it makes sense to spike it every 2-3 days to allow full recovery after producing a good amount of stress on the muscle rather than annihilating it, making positive adaptations for two days then taking another 3-5 days for it to recover because you did so much to it. Where-as on gear it makes a little more sense to go harder on the muscle each session, then let it recover for 5-7 days rather than 2-3. \

This is my current stance on the topic and that being said right now i'm doing upper/lower 3x per week right now, and will be switching to push/pull/legs when i jump on.

F0xx3r

Awards
Makes sense and thanks for your input

I ran 531 bbb, so basically upper lower 2x a week with how I had it set up, I lifter heavier and alot more intensity, and of course I was never sore or not able to progress on literally every lift lol.

Over 4 weeks, bench 1rm went up 25lb, ohp 1rm 15lb, squat 60 lb and deadlift 60.., I'm debating continuing my 531 because I saw increase in strength and gained about 10lbs in 4 weeks and maintained it thro PCT, or go try something else.. I could just increase some rep ranges on my accessory lifts, or go to phul (4 days a week fits my schedule)

And I went more often than 531 advises (never was sore or fatigued) so I basically did 2 on 1 off until complete with a1m and returned to normal scheme

Khazima

Khazima

Awards
That's incredible gains man, would highly recommend continuing it.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's incredible gains man, would highly recommend continuing it.
^^this
If it isn't broken then there is no point in trying to fix it

F0xx3r

Awards
Lol thanks , and seeing as this cycle I believe will be even better for me, and longer, that I'll wield results.. was just curious on other people , I always get questioned about why I run the routine lol, yes not as much reps as a split, but guess like Yates said, if ain't broken don't fix it.

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established
Curious what everyone runs or might do differently when they are on any type of cycle , sarm ph whatever .... I ran 531 bbb for my first a1m and saw noticeable strength and weight gain, what's your go to ? 5/3/1, cube, Texas method, phat, phul, ppl 2x a week, or a bro split for examples..
When on cycle I would empasize on hypertrophy/volume and on pct I would lower reps and raise weight so I could maintain as much strength as possible

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Do you guys do anything different on SARMs vs AAS? I'd assume it would be the same idea, but I was wondering if anyone had any experience with both and if anything worked out particularly well for you.

I've never heard of any of these. Where do you go to find out about different routines?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Just do what normally works for you and add extra sets n reps

F0xx3r

Awards
Just do what normally works for you and add extra sets n reps
Yea lol I was going to do this for the accessory work, up weight, add a few reps, maybe even an extra set of a push and a pull for balance

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Whatever you do, you want to increase volume and frequency. For bulking cycles, i would focus more on lower reps and heavier weight but just push harder.. go more sets and add more weight. For cutting i increase reps and add a lot of dropsets/supersets.