Face bloat

Pmo1212

Awards
Does anyone else's face get bloated and puffy when your bulking even at a surplus of 200-300. When I start cutting I lose it within like a couple weeks and my jaw line sharpens up and everything. Is it more genetics or is there something that can reduce this.

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I hear you on the face bloat. I don't really track my calories on a bulk so I can't say at what point I get bloated. I made the mistake getting our Christmas card pics taken during my bulk - worst pics ever! I would say face bloat is pretty common.

Beefeater71

Beefeater71

Awards
Yeah, same here, bloat up look around chin & gut when bulking. Not sure if it's a genetic thing, or some hold water more so then others. But it doesn't look good in photos. I tend to cut out my bloated face in pics. My gut also bloats a lot. As it shows in this pic
image-2253142256.jpg

DR325

DR325

Awards
Does anyone else's face get bloated and puffy when your bulking even at a surplus of 200-300. When I start cutting I lose it within like a couple weeks and my jaw line sharpens up and everything. Is it more genetics or is there something that can reduce this.
I get face bloat, but more from high sodium than the excess calories. And for me it's definitely genetics. One sodium-rich meal and my face gains like 4 lbs of water! Ugh.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Salt def makes my face and gut bloat. Genetically, I have a chubby face, and that's why I hate taking pics with friends. I had a friend who was 60 lbs heavier than me but she had a thin face. In head shots, I looked about 60 lbs heavier than her. In full body shots, we looked like we should switch heads. :/

Team Six

Awards
Yeah it is all dietary, changing up the ratios of your diet can help too, as puccah mentioned salt can play a large part, drinking more water can help because it prevents your body from storing salt to retain more water (that you aren't drinking), and changing ratio of carbs to protein by decreasing overall carb intake can help. We all metabolize each macronutrient differently and we utilize those nutrients different as well.

You could always supplement but obviously things like chasteberry are more diuretics and won't help with glycogen issues. If you are taking creatine of course that can make it worse too.

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
I get face bloat, but more from high sodium than the excess calories. And for me it's definitely genetics. One sodium-rich meal and my face gains like 4 lbs of water! Ugh.
On my birthday I was bad and basically cheated for 3 days straight... Loads of alcohol, sodium etc.

Im not joking you.... I was 20lb heavier Monday. By Wednesday it all went except 1lb.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
More water and more Potassium. Potassium intake should be variable, increased relative to daily Sodium intake. Might be worth a try elevating the two back legs of your bed also, such that the head is inclined about 3-6" higher than the feet.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
On my birthday I was bad and basically cheated for 3 days straight... Loads of alcohol, sodium etc.

Im not joking you.... I was 20lb heavier Monday. By Wednesday it all went except 1lb.
I can do that as well. Go off the rails and gain 10-15lbs only to lose it in a 3-4 days.

Est1995

Awards
I never bloat in my face. I have a really defined jaw but my gut will literally explode. Been a pretty bad month a lot of binge eating(trying to cut) like another user said I can literally binge hard for 2 days and the scale will come in at 12-15 pounds heavier. Its gone within 3 days of being back on a deficit. Anybody have thoughts on the recent insulin article posted? (Caloric cycling) specifically the 2 weeks of surplus followed by 1 week deficit. I'm interested in pursueing more information about it.