Ergopharm's GF PRO (5LBS)

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
great deal at 1fast, 49.99
unfortunately, only 2 flavors availible at this time (Blueberry Madness, Cherry Blast)

I got the Blueberry Madness, it's good, mix it with skim milk though - not water (blah). Blueberry smoothy taste.

As a direct result of feedback from our customers, Ergopharm introduces one of your favorite GF-Pro™ flavors in a 5 pound container!

GF-Pro Immunolin Story - Spray Dried Plasma (Bovine, Porcine)

Bioactive Proteins
Traditionally we have viewed proteins from a simple nutritional standpoint. We see them as nothing more than sources of amino acids, the building blocks of proteins.
New research however is proving that some proteins retain their structural integrity (are not broken down to amino acids) when ingested and exert specific biological functions in their intact form. These are called Bioactive Proteins

Immunoglobulins
The spray dried serum protein in GF Pro contains such bioactive proteins. The most abundant of these is Immunglobulin-G (IgG).

IgG acts as an antibody in the gut, protecting it from dangerous pathogens that can interfere with intestinal health and function. Many animals and humans suffer from disturbances in the health of the gastrointestinal tract, often without knowing it, and these disturbances interfere with appetite, protein absorption, and growth of lean tissue in the individual. These disturbances are actually quite common in bodybuilders, who often consume large amounts of food as well as certain hormone products that can have adverse effects upon intestinal microflora and function.

Supplementation of IgG has been shown to

* improve growth rate and appetite in stressed, immunodeficient animals (Kats et al.., 1994)
* improve lean tissue accretion and protein efficiency (Jiang et al., 2000)

You may ask, since IgG is such a large protein molecule than how does it survive digestion and act in the gut? Actually a summary of 12 published studies have shown that after oral supplementation with IgG, 15-25% survives the conditions of the digestive tract.

Protein Efficiency
Serum protein (plasma) also contains large amounts of bioactive proteins which are anabolic growth factors such as IGF-1 and TGF-b. These complement the immune enhancing properties of IgG that allow the gut the ability to maximize the absorption and assimilation of nutrients, especially proteins. This can be measured by protein efficiency, which is the amount of weight gained per amount of protein consumed.

Cytokines
Serum Protein also reduces the production of catabolic pro-inflammatory cytokines in the body. These cytokines create responses in the body that demand large amounts of energy resources and shuttle nutrients away from “productive” functions, such as the building of muscle tissue.

Conclusion
The addition of serum derived bioactive proteins to highest quality whey protein isolate makes GF-Pro the most valuable whey protein product on the market. The use of this product on a regular basis will go far beyond just supplying a top quality protein meal - it will maximize your ability to absorb and metabolize every meal you ingest throughout the day, allowing you to grow beyond your current potential.

Supplement Facts
Serving Size 1 scoop (27.5g)
Servings Per Container 82

Amount per Serving
Calories 90
Calories from Fat 0

Total fat 0g
Saturated fat 0g
Cholesterol <5mg
Sodium 45mg
Total carbohydrates 0g
Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugars 0g
Protein 23g

Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 10%
Iron 0%

* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
†Daily Value not established

StanChampion

StanChampion

Awards
  • Established
I use the stuff. PA does need to get out some more flavors as I am growing tired of the cherry.

GF Pro and Prima WPI and I am set. :drunk:

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
He just released some Vanilla flavor and Dutch Chocolate. $49 for 2lbs on the Ergopharm website... I'll wait on that one.

The sour apple was damn good

CyberMuscle

CyberMuscle

Awards
Nutraplanet carries it for the same price. Orange Cream i believe is the best tasting but its only availbale in 2lbers

The Experiment

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'm taking the 5 lb Cherry Blast. This stuff tastes like garbage in water. The only way I can consume it is to eat it plain. Then chase it down with water. Then it tastes pretty good.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
that's weird, trying mixing it with milk

Danl4560

Awards
I'm taking the 5 lb Cherry Blast. This stuff tastes like garbage in water. The only way I can consume it is to eat it plain. Then chase it down with water. Then it tastes pretty good.
To each their own, I loved the taste of cherry blast in water, hated it in milk.

schroeder

Awards
5 pounds for 49 bucks is a smoking deal!! :clap2: