ergo-log.com & mindandmuscle.net

StatePlan1425

StatePlan1425

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Curious, what is the association between the two sites? I’ve noticed that often, several days after an article appears on ergo-log.com the exact same copy/text appears on mindandmuscle.net.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
It's called syndicated articles, that's why you'll see the source of the original article listed and linked at the bottom of the articles. Kind of like how the same national news segment on your evening news on NBC isn't done by your local NBC TV station, it could have come from an NBC station in Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, etc. I'd venture to guess that in many cases, the article you're saying was form ergo wasn't written by them either, it was just syndicated from the original source. Pretty common practice in the news world and usually perfectly acceptable as long as credit to the original author is given.

StatePlan1425

StatePlan1425

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the clarification. I didn’t know if they shared staff writers or even were sister sites. I didn’t consider syndicated articles.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Thanks for the clarification. I didn’t know if they shared staff writers or even were sister sites. I didn’t consider syndicated articles.
I'm really unsure if they share staff writers. I do know that Mind and Muscle has 2 people that do write custom articles for their site as I was just recently talking to them about including some to their articles on our Facebook page, etc.