EPIC resolutions UNLEASHED

Irons_Mule

Irons_Mule

Awards
Subb'd!
I would say you and I have a similar body type and metabolism. Very interested in your journey man, keep up the good work!

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Subb'd!
I would say you and I have a similar body type and metabolism. Very interested in your journey man, keep up the good work!
Great to have you in here. On the metabolism side of things, i weighed in at 186.8 this morning. Im really starting to look leaner again and my abs are starting to pop once more. Ive been tracking calories right down to the bite and everything seems to be on point. Next week when im back at work, my calorie expenditure should increase. I will give it a week and see how the scale goes before adjusting caloric intake. I am guessing that by the end of next week i will be bumping calories up to 4000 and will probably weigh 185. I dont want to drop back down to 180 at this point and time. Although i look very defined at the lower weight, i also do not carry enough muscle mass right now to pull it off. My focus right now is building muscle while maintaining body fat levels between 10-12 percent. I will be focusing more on the mirror than the scale.

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Leg day

Killed it, been killing it every day this week. Its going to get tougher next week when im back at work. Im looking forward to getting back to work, i don't mind my job, i actually enjoy what i do and i like keeping busy as well. When you are busy all day, it's so much easier to stick to your diet. You dont think about food when the mind is occupied with more important things. Even when im working 6 days,60 hours, the routine is key.

Im finding that I'm growing much better now that im focusing on form and time under tension rather than trying to push heavier weights. Im using alot less weight, paying close attention to muscle tension and pushing to failure.

Leg workout

Parallel squats
130*warm up 3 sets

225*12 regular style

225*8
Tempo 5 seconds down, pause and back up smooth.

I got my brother to spot me on this so i could really push it to failure and not worry about falling on the oh sh** bars. My brothers into power lifting, he's 280 pounds and has a few inches on me.

We often go to the gym together, which is great because although we train in completely different ways, we can always spot each other.

185*12
the same way only going even slower on the last few to almost reach failure (no spot on this)

Leg press, legs together to hit outer sweep
388*warm up 2 sets
568*14
568*12
568*11

Lying leg curls
130*12 for 4 sets

Leg extensions ,21 style

Here you do the bottom half of the rep for seven,then the top half for seven, then the full rep to failure

160*fail for 3 sets

Ab cable crunches
5 sets to failure

Hanging leg raises transitioning into knee raises 4 sets to failure

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Joining this party!!!

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Leg day

Killed it, been killing it every day this week. Its going to get tougher next week when im back at work. Im looking forward to getting back to work, i don't mind my job, i actually enjoy what i do and i like keeping busy as well. When you are busy all day, it's so much easier to stick to your diet. You dont think about food when the mind is occupied with more important things. Even when im working 6 days,60 hours, the routine is key.

Im finding that I'm growing much better now that im focusing on form and time under tension rather than trying to push heavier weights. Im using alot less weight, paying close attention to muscle tension and pushing to failure.

Leg workout

Parallel squats
130*warm up 3 sets

225*12 regular style

225*8
Tempo 5 seconds down, pause and back up smooth.

I got my brother to spot me on this so i could really push it to failure and not worry about falling on the oh sh** bars. My brothers into power lifting, he's 280 pounds and has a few inches on me.

We often go to the gym together, which is great because although we train in completely different ways, we can always spot each other.

185*12
the same way only going even slower on the last few to almost reach failure (no spot on this)

Leg press, legs together to hit outer sweep
388*warm up 2 sets
568*14
568*12
568*11

Lying leg curls
130*12 for 4 sets

Leg extensions ,21 style

Here you do the bottom half of the rep for seven,then the top half for seven, then the full rep to failure

160*fail for 3 sets

Ab cable crunches
5 sets to failure

Hanging leg raises transitioning into knee raises 4 sets to failure
Great start to the year. Keep it up brotha, you're killing it!

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Great start to the year. Keep it up brotha, you're killing it!
Going to be pushing hard til the end. Want to be able to post some awesome progress photos.

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Going to be pushing hard til the end. Want to be able to post some awesome progress photos.
Since your running all OL supps you got to go straight up DemiGod lol

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Pull day

I dont mind the resolutions crowd, im usually too caught up in my own workout to pay much attention to anyone around me. The majority of the regulars know that im not much for talking and will refrain from speaking to me unless ive finished my workout. Its nothing personal, im just there to get my pump and that's my number one priority. With that being said, today i did get very annoyed. I do not like it when people bring their 5-10 year olds into the weight room, the gym has a daycare for a reason. This though a touch irritating, will not really bother me too much. But when you bring your 5 year old into the weight room and the kid tries to do a bench press only to smoke himself in the face with the bar, i am not impressed. This is bad parenting, the cherry on top was how he was laughing at his child who was in tears. I dont care if you're swinging your weights around in a ridiculous fashion, i could really care less what other people do with their time in the gym. But laughing at a child who will probably have a black eye because you are a jacka$$, that pisses me off.

Pull workout

T bar rows

95*warm up *2 sets
145*12
195*8
145*12
145*10
145*10
125*12

Wide grip lateral pull downs

(Most people i see doing this use their arms to move the maximum amount of weight, i try to focus on using only my back muscles to move the weight and really squeeze my Lats at the bottom.

140*12
140*10
130*12
120*12

Seated Cable pulley rows, using seperate handles for each arm
130*12
130*12
130*10
130*8

Rear lateral raises
20*12
15*12*3 sets (squeeze at top and try to hold before lowering slowly)

Dumbbell shrugs
5 sets of 55 pounds really flexing at the top for 12 reps

Biceps
Concentration curls
30*12
35*8
30*12
(Flex at top of rep)

Hammer curls
25*12 for 3 sets

Cable crunches
80 pounds to failure for 5 sets

Decline sit ups with plate on my chest
4 sets to failure

Pull ups full range of motion

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
I like your style pfresh!

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
After awhile I cant even feel my back anymore. It just does its own thing

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Check my new lunch bag. I had the same one in blue and yellow before but it was time to switch it out as well. New year, out with the old in with the new

Attachments

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
And im just realizing now that my lunch bag matches my gym shoes

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
I just told my wife how they matched and she responded, "yah i did that on purpose", she spoils me

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Awesome shoes and lunch box! i'm jealous! Great looking pull day as well.

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Push workout

Had a pretty solid workout today. Thinking that i may take tomorrow as a rest day. It'll be my first day back at work and i dont think im going to be able to fall asleep anytime soon. I start work at seven which means i have to be up for 5:45. I've already packed and weighed all my food for tomorrow and packed my gym bag. Im going to go by how i feel. If im feeling crap, it'll be a good day for rest and food prep, if im up to it, ill be hitting wheels.

Push workout

Dumbbell press
45*warm up *3 sets
80*12
80*7
65*10 (four seconds down)
65*8

High cable flies
25*9
20*11
20*10
20*11

Dips to failure *3 sets

Standing dumbbell press
35*9
35*11
35*10
35*10

Side lateral raises
15*9
12.5*10
12.5*11
12.5*10
Front lateral raises
15*12
15*12
15*12

Pushdowns
40*12
50*10
40*12

High cable overhead tricep extensions
50*12
60*7
50*11
50*10

Ab machine crunches
85*fail
115 *10
100*10
100*fail and rode the rack down to 30

Push ups to failure for 3 sets

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Killed it.

Great workouts every day with this stack. I hit legs today and vascularity was crazy in my arms. The pump products definitely get the juices flowing.

I didn't finish work until 6 today and i hit the gym down the road right after. This meant that i was working out at peak hours. Needless to say, there were no squat racks and i needed to work with what i could

Leg press
388*warm up for 3 sets
658*12
658 *10
568*12
568*10

Seated leg press knees together
250 * warm up 3 sets
310 *12
350 *10
310*12

Lying leg curls
140*12
140*10
125*12
125*12

21 leg extensions
4 sets to failure
170 pounds

Machine ab crunches
120*10
105 *12
95*12
95*10

Hanging leg raises transitioning into knee raises for 4 sets to failure

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Killing it for sure man. Nice sessions.
Im really enjoying this dieting style this time around. I seem to be slowly leaning out while strength is increasing and i feel like im looking bigger. Doing the hiit training as listed in the book is helping alot. Before i think i was too aggressive with the hiit and as a result, i feel like i lost muscle from it. Doing only 5 to 6 high intensity intervals with 2-4 minutes low intensity in between seems to be having a much more positive effect. I dont think im going to bother stepping on the scale for awhile and go directly by what i see in the mirror. I feel like the scale might psych me out, if i see a high number but the mirror doesn't lie.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice stuff man!!!

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Work out after workout has been great. The vascularity factor on this stack is crazy. Full muscles and veins snaking all over the place. I seem to be leaning down a bit while adding size. The best of both worlds. I think the dieting style is definitely helping in this regard. Keeping cardio to 5-6 high intensity intervals with 2-4 minutes low intensity in between has helped alot too. Calories seem to be set at a good amount. I will do a weigh in this friday. Less than 185 pounds calories will be increased. Over 195 calories will be decreased. I have a feeling i will be right around 190 and i feel and look much leaner than when i started this log.

Workout
Pull

Barbell rows
135 *warm up for 3 sets
185*7
155*12
155*10
135 *12
135 *10

Close grip pull downs
100* warm up 2 sets
150*12
150*9
150*11
150*10

One arm dumbbell rows holding dumbbell rack
75*12 for 3 sets
60*12 nice and slow one set

Cable rows inverse grip attachment
100* warm up
130 *12
130 *10
130 *10

Rear lateral raises
15*12 for four sets

Shrugs
65*12 for four sets

Hammer curls
25*12 for four sets

Machine preacher curls
125 *10
105 *12
95*10
Drop set one at a time down to 35.

Cable crunches to failure for 5 sets
80 pounds

Lying leg raises transitioning into knee raises for 3 sets to failure

Pull ups

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
loving that carb load and great work in here :D

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
loving that carb load and great work in here :D
Ive been keeping it clean for the most part(lots of white rice) but im giving into cravings sometimes too. Everything is tracked , staying close to macros and never over cals. Really trying to add lean mass right now. Ill start my next cut in March. I dont want to have much body fat to lose when i start to cut. Next vacation is at the end of May. Want to be bigger and leaner this time around. Im going to a wedding, so i want to look my best. (Wife's friends wedding, need to be impressive)

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
I seem to have an endless supply of energy this week, in and out of the gym. At work, before when i was doing IF, id always start to get tired around noon, now i seem to push on through, full of energy all day. I have been consuming the accelerator shake twice in the morning. Once during my drive to work (around 5:30 am) and a second one at 9 am. Around 12:30 i consume 60 grams of Chia seeds that i have ground mixed in about 500ml of water. That tides me over until 3:30 when i consume my pre workout meal. My pre workout meal usually consists of around 400 grams of a meat source and 250 grams of a mixed vegetables. I usually work until 5:30 and train at 6. I get home from the gym around 8:45 and consume the rest of the days calories backload style. Ive been working 11 and a half hour days and feel great.

Push workout
Dumbbell chest press
80*12
80*8
80*6
65*10
65*8

Dumbbell pull overs
60*10
60*8
50*10
50*80

High cable flies
25*12
25*10
20*12
20*12
20*10

Peck deck flies
100*10
85*12
85*10
85*10

Dips to failure for 3 sets

Standing dumbbell shoulder press
35*12
35*10
35*10
30*12
30*10

Side laterals
15*10
15*8
12.5*10
12.50*10

Front lateral raises
15*10
15*10
15*10
15*10

Machine shoulder press
1 set drop set
150 down one peg at a time to 50

Straight bar tricep pu shdowns
60*12
60*10
60*9
50*10

Behind the head cable tricep extensions
50*10
40*12
40*12

Cable crunches to failure for 5sets
85*3 sets
70*2 sets

Machine ab crunches
100*10
95*10
80*12
80*10

Lying leg raises to failure for 4 sets

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
What are your typical rest times?
Depends on the exercise. I usually rest closer to 1 minute, 30 seconds for things like the flat dumb bell chest press but for smaller muscle groups it's usually 30 seconds to a minute. I tend to go again as soon as i catch my breath. I find that by going again as soon as i catch my breath i keep any momentum i get going and am really able to focus on the workout and only the weights at hand. I dont even listen to music when i workout, i zone right out and am usually oblivious to those around me. I am trying to rest for longer in between sets but i always find i get so caught up in the workout that i just want to keep pushing and dont rest as long as i should.

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Depends on the exercise. I usually rest closer to 1 minute, 30 seconds for things like the flat dumb bell chest press but for smaller muscle groups it's usually 30 seconds to a minute. I tend to go again as soon as i catch my breath. I find that by going again as soon as i catch my breath i keep any momentum i get going and am really able to focus on the workout and only the weights at hand. I dont even listen to music when i workout, i zone right out and am usually oblivious to those around me. I am trying to rest for longer in between sets but i always find i get so caught up in the workout that i just want to keep pushing and dont rest as long as i should.
I run those same rest times for my recomp/cut cycles, but switch from that to longer periods for lean bulks and bulks. With slightly longer rest periods I have noticed I can go a bit heavier on each set which suited me well for bulking. However, I get nice and lean when I keep those rest times to 30 sec- 1 min give or take.

You're putting in some solid work. Keep it up man!

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Ive been staying consistent with the cardio every day before i train. I have been doing hiit on either the treadmill or stationary bike with 5-6 30 second all out sprints with 2-4 minutes steady pace in between. I find that by starting with the cardio it helps kick me into gear and get me in the zone for the days training session.

Leg workout

Leg press regular
388*warm up for 3 sets
658*12
658*10
658*8
568*12
568*10

Leg press feet together
478*12
478*11
478*9
478*10

Lying leg curls
140*12
140*12

Cramped up

Leg extensions
175 *12 for 4 sets

Standing leg curls
85*12
85*10
70 *12

Machine ab crunches (nice and slow exhaling all the air out at the bottom)
70*12
70*11
70*11
70*10
70*8

Hanging leg raises transitioning into knee raises for 4 sets to failure

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Two things to note as of late.

1)
I have doms every single day. I am always sore these days, my legs were just barely ready to be hit again tonight. My back is pretty sore and my delts are killing me.

2)

I have an insane appetite and want to eat everything in sight. I have been strictly following my calories and have not blown them yet. I could easily double my food intake and that is not an exaggeration. I make sure i weigh everything i eat. I usually have about two thousand calories left for my backload at the end of the day. I have to really restrict myself at this time, my body always says "more, give me more!"

I dont want to gain any bad weight though and when i want to give in, i always think about how hard it was to finally get the abs in.

Sunday will be a rest day for me. I already told my wife that we could go skating. (Canada eh) Sunday is the only day of the week that i don't have to work and i like to spend that free time with my better half.

I will do a weigh in tomorrow morning. At the beginning of this log i weighed 188. I am looking leaner and fuller now then when this log began. I am guessing that my weight will have not changed much. I will try and post weigh ins every Friday from now on. At the 1 month mark i will be posting updated progress photos.

highlander31

highlander31

Awards
  • Established
Late but in. This is great so far brotha keep it up. I came for the GAINZ.

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Morning weigh in results

I weighed in at 189 this morning. That's one pound up from the beginning of the log. I am going to leave calories and macro's as they are set. The goal for the month of january is to gain half a pound to a pound per week. The max weight i will allow myself to weigh will be 195.

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
What is this "max weight" you speak of? ;)
Keep up the hard work and willpower! Nice work so far.
Im trying to keep the gains extremely lean. I dont want to have 15 to 20 or more pounds to diet off the next time i go to cut. I would rather keep things tightly controlled in my recomp to very lean bulk phase. This way i won't have to run a high calorie deficit when i am cutting. I love to eat and i hate running low cals (less than 3000 a day)

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Pull workout

Almost saw two bros play fisticuffs over a bench today in an empty gym. I understood that it was the only sturdy/non adjustable flat bench in the free weight area but i didn't get what all the fuss was about.

Workout log

T bar rows
115 *warm up for 3 sets
170*10
170*8
145 *12
145 *10
145 *9

One arm dumbbell rows hand on dumbbell rack
70*12
70*12
70*11 and 9 other side
65*10
60*12

Front pull downs
160*14
160 *12
160 *11
160*9

Wide grip lateral pull downs
120 *12
120 *11
120 *10
120 *8

Rear laterals against bench
17.5*12
17.5 *10
15*12
15*12
15*10

Shrugs
60*14
65*12
65*10
60*12
55*12

21 Ez bar curls
40*fail on full reps
50*fail on full reps *2 sets

Hammer curls
30*8
25*12
25*12
25*10

Cable crunches to failure for 5 sets
85 pounds

Decline bench sit ups
35 pounds on chest then dropping weight and going to failure
*3 sets

Lying leg raises to failure
3 sets

Pull ups

jantios

jantios

Awards
Subbed! Nice detailed log. Can you notice a positive effect from the ep1c unleashed? Am interesses in buying that one aswell.

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Subbed! Nice detailed log. Can you notice a positive effect from the ep1c unleashed? Am interesses in buying that one aswell.
I am noticing :

1 ) increased hunger/appetite

2 ) Not feeling as drained/worn out as usual

3) increased vascularity

4 ) Muscle fullness

5) Endurance in the gym, i can train forever

Anything else is too soon to say.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ddfox423 Apex Alchemy 4
Electrake Workout Logs 618
SatishOG Natural Bodybuilding 10
MadStax Anabolics 26