Ending SD cycle early

seibert253

Awards
Wanted to do a full 4 weeks, but I had to stop at 3 1/2. Back pumps have become unbearable. These are the only sides I've experienced. Taurine and bananas did nothing for these. I started at 215lbs and I weighed myself today at 230. My strength on all lifts are way up. Considering I do not really watch my diet I'm really pleased with my results. My muscles look fuller and leaner. PCT includes Nolva, Clomid, Giant ATD, Fenugreek and DHEA. Planning on running a E-max cycle later on during the winter. I'm interested in seeing how this compares to SD.

revodrew

revodrew

Awards
  • Established
Thats funny, I ended mine today which is a week early because of the back pumps. Taking 4000mgs of taurine and 3 bananas a day did nothing. Worst side for me by far.

Giantz11

Giantz11

Really Really Good Looking
Awards
  • Established
My back pumps are brutal, all the time. But Dammit I'm gonna do my full cycle...i forearms were so pumped today doing curls i thought they were going to explode.

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
My back pumps are brutal, all the time. But Dammit I'm gonna do my full cycle...i forearms were so pumped today doing curls i thought they were going to explode.
LOL...this was my attitude during my first SD cycle. Man...I just remember really diggin' it in spite of the sometimes unbearable back pumps. Taurine might have kept it tolerable, even though I was WAY under dosing the taurine.

Great....now I'm salivating over my winter SD cycle. Worse than waiting for Christmas.

seibert253

Awards
I'm on SD right now, and I gotta say what back pumps?..I've heard about them but haven't gotten any.
Started about the end of week 2, then progressively got worse. Some people do not experience them, hopefully you're one of them.

julius kelp

julius kelp

Awards
  • Established
i wonder sometimes if they're not kidney pumps...

shatfield

Board Supporter
Awards
Do the back pumps have anything to do with what time of day you take the doses?

The reason I ask is that when I was on my M1t cycles, I switched to taking 10 mg at lunch, and the next 10 mg about 1 hour before workout (rather than morning and lunch). I did that to overcome the lethargy (which did the trick completely), but my back pumps went away completely as well.

seibert253

Awards
I varied the times taking SD, experimenting with what appeared to work best. It didn't seem to make any difference when I took it, the pumps were there. To me the pain didn't feel like it was in the kidney area, felt more like a cramp, or as if you spent all day bent over.

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
I deadlifted 315 for 8 reps, no straps, racked just 2'' below my knees the other day. Oh damn, felt like someone plugged my forearms into an air hose. :whip: Back pump was there but not bad because of the taurine.

Giantz11

Giantz11

Really Really Good Looking
Awards
  • Established
When I'm at work typin, I get mad forearm pumps.....LOL.....No joke!

Marshall Law

Awards
I use biofreeze for the back pumps and it's worked out great. I started getting them on day 2. If they get any worse I'll pull out one of my tens units and see how that works.

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
IMO it is probably more closely related to increase blood flow and perfusion through lower back muscles not an electrolyte imbalance that can be fixed with K+, Ca++ or another e-lyte.

Marshall Law

Awards
Point well taken. So far the Biofreeze has been good enough, it's helped with the pain.