Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
But now you’re getting very little protein from this, just the nutritional benefits of the yolks really. Again, the egg needs to be cooked decently to reach that high bioavailability in protein.

I actually really like raw eggs blended into a protein shake, makes it like custard, or like you said with OJ is great. But it’s terrible from a protein perspective, and raw also does pose a slight bacterial risk for salmonella.

Yes if you want to eat cooked eggs post training, I would limit them to the 3 in the study that was found to be overall alright, and add more protein via cooked whites, or whey, or something else low fat. Pea, soy, you get it.

I though that it is, but I can’t substantiate that. It’s certainly a VERY different end product than pasteurized liquid egg whites.
raw egg protein bio availability for the macro is supposedly close to half. in practice I bet some people digest it better than others. still a decent lil chunk of protein. I think there's more to it though. if you look into it, it seems that most animal sources of proteins have temperature sensitive peptides. they might even be destroyed by pasteurization. still gotta get me some raw milk

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
The importance of the post workout window has been over blown. Total daily protein amount is what really matters.
It's not just about protein and it's not blown out of proportion if you want to maximize everything.

It blows my mind that people will waste a ton of money on protein shakes and supplements when there diet and nutrient timing is crap. They want to replace food with supplements and short change there progress or completely waste a supplement. But they can't be bothered to do something as simple as peri workout nutrition.

There's a reason why all the greatest physiques and greatest athletes eat 5-6meals a day and take advantage of peri workout nutrition.

But people are lazy and can't be bothered so they rather believe the guy in the lab coat who's never made any real world results or progress. Or they wanna listen to some scam artist like Greg doucette who built his body on 6 meals a day and peri workout nutrition and now maintains everything with his cookbook 🙄

Try eating and never skipping 5-6meals a day and do everything right with periworkout nutrition for 3-4 months and you will make more progress then you have in the past 1-2 years.

This post is not targeted at the person I quoted, I'm talking in general to everyone.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
raw egg protein bio availability for the macro is supposedly close to half. in practice I bet some people digest it better than others. still a decent lil chunk of protein. I think there's more to it though. if you look into it, it seems that most animal sources of proteins have temperature sensitive peptides. they might even be destroyed by pasteurization. still gotta get me some raw milk
Yeah that sounds about right regarding bioavailability, it’s pretty low. If you are getting ~3g protein per raw large egg effectively, you would need to consume 7 eggs for 21g. That is pretty low on the threshold for optimal postWO MPS promotion if I recall right, so I’d be blending in a cup of oats or something as well. Or a scoop of whey or something.

The question I am really curious to ask is…why? What’s the fascination with drinking all the raw eggs post training? Why not as a big breakfast, or night cap? Why do they need to be after training?

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah that sounds about right regarding bioavailability, it’s pretty low. If you are getting ~3g protein per raw large egg effectively, you would need to consume 7 eggs for 21g. That is pretty low on the threshold for optimal postWO MPS promotion if I recall right, so I’d be blending in a cup of oats or something as well. Or a scoop of whey or something.

The question I am really curious to ask is…why? What’s the fascination with drinking all the raw eggs post training? Why not as a big breakfast, or night cap? Why do they need to be after training?
I never suggested doing only 2 eggs post workout as a complete plan. I just like to add 2 to my shake because eggs are a real super food and easy drink.

Stopstalking2

Stopstalking2

Awards

I personally enjoy the taste of the egg whites over mile or water mixed with my whey

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
There's a reason why all the greatest physiques and greatest athletes eat 5-6meals a day and take advantage of peri workout nutrition.
I think the primary reason these people with these “great physiques” are eating 5-6 meals a day is because they have to in order to reach the massive amount of calories they need to maintain the mass. Use to eat 6 meals a day, after a 90 min - two hr fasted workout. No shakes, just whole food starting at 6:30 then every 3 hrs after. Settled in 4lbs either side of 248. New work schedule and those six meals dropped down to four meals a day with an even bigger gap between my workout and first meal of the day. Two sccops bcaas/eaas in a half gallon jug of water is all I have post workout. Guess what? Same 4lbs on either side of 248 and same measurements.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I think the primary reason these people with these “great physiques” are eating 5-6 meals a day is because they have to in order to reach the massive amount of calories they need to maintain the mass. Use to eat 6 meals a day, after a 90 min - two hr fasted workout. No shakes, just whole food starting at 6:30 then every 3 hrs after. Settled in 4lbs either side of 248. New work schedule and those six meals dropped down to four meals a day with an even bigger gap between my workout and first meal of the day. Two sccops bcaas/eaas in a half gallon jug of water is all I have post workout. Guess what? Same 4lbs on either side of 248 and same measurements.
I know when Im eating somewhat normal and just making sure I hit my protein and total calories that I make progress still but it's nothing to write home about. But when I buckle down and I'm eating frequently, eating like a bodybuilder "no I'm not a bodybuilder" but when I'm eating like one and doing all me peri workout nutrition stuff my progress takes off. Visual changes start happening very quickly. Same goes for when ppl ask me to help them with there diets. I get them eating more frequently and start having them work on meal timing and like magic, all the sudden there making progress.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I finally ate some raw liver recently too
That's definitely some liver king type of stuff! Can't believe how much raw meat he eats.

ironkill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It's not just about protein and it's not blown out of proportion if you want to maximize everything.

It blows my mind that people will waste a ton of money on protein shakes and supplements when there diet and nutrient timing is crap. They want to replace food with supplements and short change there progress or completely waste a supplement. But they can't be bothered to do something as simple as peri workout nutrition.

But people are lazy and can't be bothered so they rather believe the guy in the lab coat who's never made any real world results or progress. Or they wanna listen to some scam artist like Greg doucette who built his body on 6 meals a day and peri workout nutrition and now maintains everything with his cookbook 🙄

Try eating and never skipping 5-6meals a day and do everything right with periworkout nutrition for 3-4 months and you will make more progress then you have in the past 1-2 years.

This post is not targeted at the person I quoted, I'm talking in general to everyone.
If your eating 5-6 meals a day, chances are you’re eating in the post workout “Window”. My point is, there is no magic 30 minute window. It can be extended further and still be optimal. I use protein pre and post workout because thats when I take creatine and also to hedge my bets. Also to reach total protein goals. Not sure where the lazy accusation comes from

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
don't forget that ultimately everything we do is governed by the law of diminishing returns aka entropy. too much of something is usually what makes it bad. should you cycle your eggs? have you heard of protein cycling? there was a Russian psychiatrist that believed in not mixing animal and plant foods. she'd put her patients on like 2 weeks of animal then 2 weeks of plants

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I never suggested doing only 2 eggs post workout as a complete plan. I just like to add 2 to my shake because eggs are a real super food and easy drink.
Ah okay I see, this makes much more sense now.

I personally enjoy the taste of the egg whites over mile or water mixed with my whey
Same. If you like it, go for it. For me, they blow my gut up drinking raw, and it’s not giving me a good return on investment of protein, so I don’t use them like that anymore.

If your eating 5-6 meals a day, chances are you’re eating in the post workout “Window”. My point is, there is no magic 30 minute window. It can be extended further and still be optimal. I use protein pre and post workout because thats when I take creatine and also to hedge my bets. Also to reach total protein goals. Not sure where the lazy accusation comes from
I believe the current studies have shown improved nutrient shuttling something like 5-6 hours post training. I don’t think anyone that does any reading has believed in a 30 min window for a long time. That was already a running joke well over a decade ago. “Alright guys I’d love to stay & chat but I gotta get out of here - 30 minute window you know!”

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I didn't say anything about a 30min window and if you read my post I was not talking specially to you. So that's that

ironkill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I didn't say anything about a 30min window and if you read my post I was not talking specially to you. So that's that
Well that was what I was referring to when you quoted me so, that’s that

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
todays post workout will be bison tacos. aiming to eat at least a half lb and gonna fry some eggs to throw inside

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Well that was what I was referring to when you quoted me so, that’s that
Again, if you read the post. I specifically said that my post was a generalization and not about you. Reading comprehension 👉👌
✌👉