WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
In a boxing match...

Would you watch? Who do you have winning?

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’ll watch but I’ll get it free. Reminds me a bit of Ruiz vs Joshua.

id rather Eddie win and I’ve seen video of him on the bags looking handy but it’s whether he can get close enough to land. Thor has sparred with Connor before and seems like he’s had some sort of training so if he knuckles down to training then he should win it.

if either connects though it should be curtains.....

obviously can’t be officially sanctioned - neither of them boys is passing a piss test anytime soon 😂😂

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Are they donating proceeds to charity? Cos otherwise lol paying to see it live, Id be happy watching delayed for free.

RusTLad

Awards
obviously can’t be officially sanctioned - neither of them boys is passing a piss test anytime soon 😂😂
That would have been my guess but according to Eddie (on the TG podcast) this is going to be a professional bout, they'll both need boxing licences and would be (apparently) subject to the same drug testing as any pro boxers. If that's the case then we could have two guys who look very different to how they do now!

RusTLad

Awards
Are they donating proceeds to charity? Cos otherwise lol paying to see it live, Id be happy watching delayed for free.
It's a pro fight (no head guards etc) so it's not for charity, Eddie said he'll be making lots of money from the fight. They might still donate some of the proceeds from ticket or pay per view sales? I might still have to watch along.

New guy

New guy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Funny enough worlds strongest man claims to drug test for any illegal or performance enhancing substances.... 😂
Its also not for charity, Thor said his contract was worth seven figures. All in all I think it’s about time someone shuts Eddie up. I wanna like him but then he makes an a$$ out of himself every time

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
That would have been my guess but according to Eddie (on the TG podcast) this is going to be a professional bout, they'll both need boxing licences and would be (apparently) subject to the same drug testing as any pro boxers. If that's the case then we could have two guys who look very different to how they do now!
jesus, I mean I both are clearly genetically gifted as **** but surely that level of lean mass is just completely unsustainable without massive amounts of drugs.

to be honest I’d rather it wasn’t drug tested so we can see two roided up monsters going at it.

RusTLad

Awards
jesus, I mean I both are clearly genetically gifted as **** but surely that level of lean mass is just completely unsustainable without massive amounts of drugs.

to be honest I’d rather it wasn’t drug tested so we can see two roided up monsters going at it.
I'd be interested in seeing what their cycles look like in the off season and in the lead up to competitions. That could be a separate (& potentially fun) thread, guess the cycle 😂

New guy

New guy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'd be interested in seeing what their cycles look like in the off season and in the lead up to competitions. That could be a separate (& potentially fun) thread, guess the cycle 😂
Joe Rogan tried to get Robert Oberst to open up about it, but those guys play their cards very close to the vest. All Oberst would say is "Those drugs are banned in Worlds Strongest Man"

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It’s plenty of places that doesn’t drug test and most places that do test test by pee, which is simple to pass. If this fight happens you can be sure they will on all kind of PED’s.

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Mate, lemme put it this way: it’s a TV show for ratings/profit called World’s Strongest Man - NOT World’s Strongest Drug-Tested Man. They have to say that stuff because of the public perception, especially how it used to be before the internet debunked so much. And I know for a fact there are a few truly natty guys who make it to Worlds...but they have never won. The guy who will win will be doing every single thing he can, because if not someone just as talented WILL go the extra mile.

Travis Ortmayer was kicked off World’s for either cocaine or meth years back (I have heard both, but know meth became his real downfall until he got sober recently). Yet I firsthand have trained with a multi-time World’s competitor who told me he religiously uses Adderall for max lift events - obviously he would pop for amphetamines if they were actually testing. So basically, don’t get caught actually using anything in other countries and keep it together in front of folks. Most of the guys load up on long esters before they travel for the show and just take orals for a couple weeks on filming site.

If they allow true medical TRT tho, they could easily hold some good muscle and probably get into better conditioning to move around easier longer.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Mate, lemme put it this way: it’s a TV show for ratings/profit called World’s Strongest Man - NOT World’s Strongest Drug-Tested Man. They have to say that stuff because of the public perception, especially how it used to be before the internet debunked so much. And I know for a fact there are a few truly natty guys who make it to Worlds...but they have never won. The guy who will win will be doing every single thing he can, because if not someone just as talented WILL go the extra mile.

Travis Ortmayer was kicked off World’s for either cocaine or meth years back (I have heard both, but know meth became his real downfall until he got sober recently). Yet I firsthand have trained with a multi-time World’s competitor who told me he religiously uses Adderall for max lift events - obviously he would pop for amphetamines if they were actually testing. So basically, don’t get caught actually using anything in other countries and keep it together in front of folks. Most of the guys load up on long esters before they travel for the show and just take orals for a couple weeks on filming site.

If they allow true medical TRT tho, they could easily hold some good muscle and probably get into better conditioning to move around easier longer.
This whole boxing thing is just retarded though, right? I dont know if its just a massive money spinner, or a red herring, or a couple of lugheads waving their dix around, or all of the above.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
This whole boxing thing is just retarded though, right? I dont know if its just a massive money spinner, or a red herring, or a couple of lugheads waving their dix around, or all of the above.
Oh I think it’s 100% about money. Strongman is about putting on a show by showing what you got. Both have YouTubes where they try to do that, to monetize and build themselves as a brand or associate with brands who will pay them. If they can make a mil+ with one brutal risky event, they’ll go for it.

New guy

New guy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Obviously they all use PED's heavily, and WSM doesn't give a crap. I just think its funny that they claim to have a drug free competition. Marius was popped in 2004 supposedly for steroids but there were also rumors that it was because of cocaine. He's the only other guy I know who was popped.

Ptlhains

Ptlhains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
The record breaker events and this new boxing match is being put on by Worlds Ultimate Strongman (WUS), not WSM btw.
Both guys signed 7 figure contacts.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Obviously they all use PED's heavily, and WSM doesn't give a crap. I just think its funny that they claim to have a drug free competition. Marius was popped in 2004 supposedly for steroids but there were also rumors that it was because of cocaine. He's the only other guy I know who was popped.
Well, they claim to have a “drug-tested” competition. Which is true. They’re just not testing for anabolics, and they don’t necessarily act on results anyway lol.

johnl1800

johnl1800

Awards
  • Established
This will be as ugly and sloppy as when the WWF did the "Brawl for All" gimmick back in 1998 where they had the undercard guys fight in a legit tournament. It was about what you would expect...a bunch of giant roided out guys with no discernible boxing skills flailing about wildly until someone fell over from exhaustion or got tagged clean and got stopped. I wouldn't pay a dime to see this.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
WesleyInman IronMag Labs 1
thebigt General Chat 8
Anabolics 3
Humble Powerlifting/Strongman 24
f4iguy Powerlifting/Strongman 2