eating raw eggs is it safe !!!!!!

lightweight57

Awards
im new here to am and have been wondering if it ok to eat raw eggs would there be any sideaffects like diharea or something and how many should i be eating if im looking to bulk

thanks lightweight

AUTO

Awards
  • Established
there is a chance of gyno, what are you doing for pct ?

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
8 whole a day, chuck them into your shakes. Or you could man up and shotgun them like Balboa:aargh:

edwards

edwards

Awards
  • Established
the egg whites contain a protein called "avidin" which binds to Biotin. People that eat raw egg whites can show signs of biotin deficiency which aint pretty. the flip side is that egg yolks contain biotin, so by consuming whole raw eggs, you might be able to cancel out the effects.

personally, i don't like to eat anything raw except poontang.

here's a pic of a biotin deficiency in a baby. this was not caused by egg whites, but rather a genetic disorder. however, the effect is the same

Attachments

edwards

edwards

Awards
  • Established
this begs the question, Did Darth Sidious have a biotin deficiency?

Attachments

lightweight57

Awards
lol nice poontang umm yeah i was considering it im really trying to bulk i just dont want to have the shits u feel me that sux so eating the eggs raw wont cause salmonella thats the one thing that worry's me and the shits is the second

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
starting a lot of threads, huh, lightweight?

Salmonella is a rare occurence in eggs, but like any raw animal product, it does infest a small percentage. However, that is not why I don't eat raw eggs, as the risk really is practically negligible and can be pretty much annihilated if you eat pastured-hen's eggs.

I don't eat raw eggs because they are far less bio-available than when cooked - i.e. your body will use the protein, fats and othe nutrients much better if the egg is cooked. I don't like wasting food, so I cook 'em.

Seriously, tho, man, try the search function before starting tons of threads, the results can answer a lot of questions :)

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
raw eggs= painful death by pain

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
the eggs whites are more bio- available when cooked. The yolks are are more bio- available when raw. If you want you can separate the two but i just throw 3 raw eggs in my shake in the morning and 3 raw eggs in my shake after my workout.

The biotin deficiency is an issue. You can get biotin in capsules i believe so that would cancel out that problem.

Never eat an egg that is cracked when u take it out of the carton. Bacteria can grow and that is when u can get salmonella. If the egg is not cracked then eat em raw!!!!

golooraam

Awards
im new here to am and have been wondering if it ok to eat raw eggs would there be any sideaffects like diharea or something and how many should i be eating if im looking to bulk

thanks lightweight
i go through 4 to 8 raw organic egg yolks a day, I don't like the egg whites and just give them to my gf to make macaroons :hammer:

Maverick60

Awards
  • Established
Put me down as someone that eats them raw. I see it as, if there is a biotin issue with raw eggs, Ive seen no signs of it and wont put much stock in that theory until I do. I hope I dont turn out like that baby, but I highly doubt I ever will from eating raw eggs. Im not eating 100 a day or anything.

And the bio availability issues, I probably wont buy that either. An egg is an egg is an egg. If there is a difference between cooked and non cooked, its probably not that significant.

There is also that group that will tell you that by cooking them, if you get them over a certain temp (like 140*) you will damage the protein. So how many precautions can you take before you have to say screw it?

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
I don't eat raw eggs because they are far less bio-available than when cooked - i.e. your body will use the protein, fats and othe nutrients much better if the egg is cooked. I don't like wasting food, so I cook 'em.
that's interesting,
since usually it's the other way around and we want to avoid subjecting nutrients to cooking. Where'd you find this bit of info?

AUTO

Awards
  • Established
i have found raw eggs pass straight through me, i don't touch them any more. some people swear by them

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
Looks like this is going to turn into one of those 3 page egg threads, theres loads of them if you do a search :) every few months one will pop up!

MuscleHeadGuy

Banned
Awards
Raw poon is good. But I have known some people to consume eggs raw and not have any health issues. They didn't do it on a daily basis, of course, but once in a while.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looks like this is going to turn into one of those 3 page egg threads, theres loads of them if you do a search :) every few months one will pop up!
seriously. In an effort to prevent redundancy, googling "raw egg absorption" produces some great results that should help everyone resolve this issue for themselves. :)