Eat, train, rest. How ****in hard is it? This isn't brain surgery.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
this is amusing

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Crossfit games is a real sport, bodybuilding isn't
Trollololololol

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It will forever be a beauty contest for men in my eyes, as T Bone was saying, very similar to Miss America, etc... I'm free to have any opinion I'd like to hold and it's a very common opinion.
Exactly. No need for people to get all butt hurt because our opinions don't fall in line with other peoples.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Exactly. No need for people to get all butt hurt because our opinions don't fall in line with other peoples.
Yep. It's akin to people getting butt hurt / offended / bitchy about how other people choose to train.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
about as reediculous as your argument that bodybuilding is a beauty contest....see where I'm going with this? we don't have to go back and fourth, but some of the statements in this thread by you guys are head stratchers
It IS a beauty contest. It's a "HEAD SCRATCHER" that you can't seem to see that the two are almost exactly the same.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It IS a beauty contest. It's a "HEAD SCRATCHER" that you can't seem to see that the two are almost exactly the same.
EXACTLY. It's a competition based on AESTHETICS!!! There is no "game" involved.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
I would really like to be the prettiest of them all... I ain't ashamed

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
EXACTLY. It's a competition based on AESTHETICS!!! There is no "game" involved.
of course there is, it's the 12 week prep and off season before they step on stage is just like the offseason and practice of a "real" sport....the stage is the field they play on on "game" day

who is more prepared and talented comes out on top more times than not, it's not that hard, your just trying to stretch the reality and overlooking what you want to overlook

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
it's a head scratcher that someone could say something so ignorant like that....especially someone who works out

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
of course there is, it's the 12 week prep and off season before they step on stage
Does any athlete of any given sport consider their training to be the actual sport? I think not. They train (and prep) for the sport they play in.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
it's a head scratcher that someone could say something so ignorant like that....especially someone who works out
I get it, I used to think the same thing about bodybuilding. Also thought wrestling was really gay but I ended up changing my mind on that as well and actually tried it out and loved the sport.
Obviously I don't feel that way about bodybuilding anymore either.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Does any athlete of any given sport consider their training to be the actual sport? I think not. They train (and prep) for the sport they play in.
a lot of athletes say the game is the easiest part of the sport....the training is the hardest part, so yeah id say the athletes would consider the practice and prep to be part of the sport

even not bodybuilders still step on stage and battle each other with poses.....two bodybuilders turn around and hit rear double bicep poses, one with the better look wins, almost like scoring a touchdown, doesn't mean they win the "game" or the show but it's points in there favor

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
a lot of athletes say the game is the easiest part of the sport....the training is the hardest part, so yeah id say the athletes would consider the practice and prep to be part of the sport
It is part of the sport, but it is not THE sport. The hardest part of anything, is preparing for it. You prepare for an exam, but studying is not the exam. Simple logic.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
I compare training for a competition to foreplay for sex. It's not really sex but damn is it not only fun, but essential.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1452627225.886400.jpg

I'll see myself out now

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It is part of the sport, but it is not THE sport. The hardest part of anything, is preparing for it. You prepare for an exam, but studying is not the exam. Simple logic.
your logic is faulty or your wording and analogy.....athletes prepare for a game, no one says they are practicing for the sport coming up this sunday, they prepare for a game, contest, event, show...whatever they refer to it as

of course the 12 week prep for a bodybuilder is only part of the equation because if they fail to step on stage ie: kai greene this year they can't win, or if tom brady doesn't show up on sunday he can't play....not that difficult

i'll also just drop this right here:

bod·y·build·ing.

[ˈbädēˌbildiNG]

NOUN

1.a sport involving strenuous physical exercise in order to strengthen and enlarge the muscles of the body:

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Zzzzzzzzzzzzz......
Dude, I honestly don't care if people want to call it a sport or not. It doesn't really effect me or anything. Go ahead, call it a sport if it makes you happy.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Keep this in mind... Everyone wants to bang the girls at the beauty contests
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1452627917.212051.jpg

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Zzzzzzzzzzzzz......
Dude, I honestly don't care if people want to call it a sport or not. It doesn't really effect me or anything. Go ahead, call it a sport if it makes you happy.
obviously you care if you tried to make up excuses as to why it's not a sport

LovingtoLift

LovingtoLift

Banned
Awards
To the people who think bodybuilding isn't a sport, then I challenge them to last through one workout with someone like Dorian Yates or Hideki Yamaguchi for that matter. You wouldn't last a half hour.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round.....

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
?????

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
To the people who think bodybuilding isn't a sport, then I challenge them to last through one workout with someone like Dorian Yates or Hideki Yamaguchi for that matter. You wouldn't last a half hour.
I challenge you to not make stupid threads anymore

LovingtoLift

LovingtoLift

Banned
Awards
I challenge you to honestly say its not a sport after watching this video. A sport is made up of athletes. If you deny bodybuilders are athletes then you are full of bs. Looks far from a beauty contest to me filled with metrosexual men like others claim they are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tny2ioAEiW8

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
oh well, at least I tried to help someone not look stupid if they said this stuff in a real conversation *shrugs*....you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink right?

LovingtoLift

LovingtoLift

Banned
Awards
Young Gotti some guys just don't really know what the **** they are talking about brother.

LovingtoLift

LovingtoLift

Banned
Awards
LMAO enjoy your sport lady boys.
Are you even a rep for the company you claim to represent? Not very professional alienating a huge customer base by stating bodybuilding is for lady boys. Keep up the good work in Business 101. You should be proud.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
LovingtoLift --> for the most part, you are getting trolled hard in this thread. Learn to make positive posts/threads that actually contribute to this forum instead of being so negative, or you will continue to get trolled

Every single one of the threads you've created on this board has been some negative a$$ BS. You haven't contributed whatsoever to this forum.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
LovingtoLift --> for the most part, you are getting trolled hard in this thread. Learn to make positive posts/threads that actually contribute to this forum instead of being so negative, or you will continue to get trolled

Every single one of the threads you've created on this board has been some negative a$$ BS. You haven't contributed whatsoever to this forum.
Exactly. It's like he only creates these threads for the drama. Then when people disagree he gets all butt hurt. Never once have I seen him contribute anything to this board besides useless threads based on his own opinion of people.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Then you probably shouldn't post in the threads. Seems logical.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Trolling is the best way to teach people the errs of their ways :) I don't regret it one bit.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Trolling is the best way to teach people the errs of their ways :) I don't regret it one bit.
Or get banned because if you start chasing people away because you don't like how they post, then I will have a problem with you.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Or get banned because if you start chasing people away because you don't like how they post, then I will have a problem with you.
I don't chase people, but if they are constantly very negative, well, their posts can't be ignored.

Would you ban the person who is constantly negative? Or ban the person who is trying to stop the negativity

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't chase people, but if they are constantly very negative, well, their posts can't be ignored.

Would you ban the person who is constantly negative? Or ban the person who is trying to stop the negativity
I've read many of his posts and they aren't all negative.

How do you know you don't chase people away? Sorry, I don't run this board based on mob mentality. If you constantly go into someones threads because YOU don't like it, then YOU are the problem. Ignore him, don't go into his threads and you will be fine.

If I banned people for being negative, T-Bone would have been banned years ago. Want that?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've read many of his posts and they aren't all negative.

How do you know you don't chase people away? Sorry, I don't run this board based on mob mentality. If you constantly go into someones threads because YOU don't like it, then YOU are the problem. Ignore him, don't go into his threads and you will be fine.

If I banned people for being negative, T-Bone would have been banned years ago. Want that?
Not at all, and I see what you're saying, but many many people on this board are getting tired of LovingtoLift's posts. None of them contribute anything to this community and most are pretty negative. I'm hoping this whole conversation we are all having openly right now will encourage change. I'll keep out of the way now.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not at all, and I see what you're saying, but many many people on this board are getting tired of LovingtoLift's posts. None of them contribute anything to this community and most are pretty negative. I'm hoping this whole conversation we are all having openly right now will encourage change. I'll keep out of the way now.
You are going to change his opinion as much as I am going to change yours. If he breaks the rules, then as everyone, he's gone. But his opinion on the sport of bodybuilding doesn't warrant him getting banned or threads deleted. I don't think you want a forum such as that.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You are going to change his opinion as much as I am going to change yours. If he breaks the rules, then as everyone, he's gone. But his opinion on the sport of bodybuilding doesn't warrant him getting banned or threads deleted. I don't think you want a forum such as that.
Point taken. I'll tone things down a bit ;)

Regarding comments from T-Bone being negative, neither are all the comments about crossfit from people in here. They all made me chuckle though :) I think it was at least fair in this thread.

edit: I'm also not trying to change his opinion on anything, but rather, he should be less concerned with what other people do. Everyone's free to do as they please in the gym without the need for judging. It really has nothing to do with opinions.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Point taken. I'll tone things down a bit ;)

Regarding comments from T-Bone being negative, neither are all the comments about crossfit from people in here. They all made me chuckle though :) I think it was at least fair in this thread.
T-Bone is old and grumpy and he knows it. I tell him all the time.

I understand the feeling some have, but you are never going to make it better by constantly putting people down. Isn't that what you don't like about this guy?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
T-Bone is old and grumpy and he knows it. I tell him all the time.

I understand the feeling some have, but you are never going to make it better by constantly putting people down. Isn't that what you don't like about this guy?
What I don't like about Lovingtolift's posts is how he's constantly judging others, it's very obnoxious and unnecessary. Stating an opinion is certainly one thing, but completely judging people for their personal choices or personal situation, is another thing entirely.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
What I don't like about Lovingtolift's posts is how he's constantly judging others, it's very obnoxious and unnecessary. Stating an opinion is certainly one thing, but completely judging people for their personal choices or personal situation, is another thing entirely.
Ok. But I can't change that unless I ban him. Is that fair?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ok. But I can't change that unless I ban him. Is that fair?
Hrm, well I could only say what I would do if I were a mod. I would wait it out and see if he ever becomes a contributing member of this community. But if he doesn't change, and only displays this behavior without balancing it out, then yes I would ban him after warning him a few times along the way. I think that is fair.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hrm, well I could only say what I would do if I were a mod. I would wait it out and see if he ever becomes a contributing member of this community. But if he doesn't change, and only displays this behavior without balancing it out, then yes I would ban him after warning him a few times along the way.
So you think trolling a person is ok...but him judging you is grounds to watch him and potentially ban him. LOL

I understand your view..believe me..doing this for this long I get it. But really, he's creating threads you are going into. If you don't like him or his viewpoints, simply ignore his threads. If he was going into your threads and trolling you, then I would be telling him this.

You are reacting, and anyone who watches professional sports knows, its the retaliation that gets the flag. LOL

Just relax. He doesn't effect your life.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
So you think trolling a person is ok...but him judging you is grounds to watch him and potentially ban him. LOL
Trolling is definitely fine as long as the person's posts are balanced :) It adds humor to a board. But I can see how it would be a problem if someone were to only troll, and not contribute as well. I do some trolling from time to time, most people know I am joking around, and if not, I let them know... but I also contribute a great deal of information and help to this forum. It's all about balance.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Trolling is definitely fine as long as the person's posts are balanced :)
Didn't see that in the rules.

It adds humor to a board. But I can see how it would be a problem if someone were to only troll, and not contribute as well. I do some trolling from time to time, most people know I am joking around, and if not, I let them know... but I also contribute a great deal of information and help to this forum. It's all about balance.
I could see it being a problem if the person doesn't know you are joking. And in this thread, you really aren't joking.