Eat every two hours is bull**** correct?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I think if people followed a diet like that their mindset would be better and happier in the long run.
In today’s society of unlimited advertisement and general lack of understanding of nutrition though most people would be awful at this. Everyone would be saying “ohhhh my body was telling me I needed ice cream and cheesecake” no, your brain was, but 99% of people don’t know the difference between a want and a need.

CompeteNPC

CompeteNPC

Banned
Awards
In today’s society of unlimited advertisement and general lack of understanding of nutrition though most people would be awful at this. Everyone would be saying “ohhhh my body was telling me I needed ice cream and cheesecake” no, your brain was, but 99% of people don’t know the difference between a want and a need.
Yes but a person who understands macronutrients would more than likely be fine.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Yes but a person who understands macronutrients would more than likely be fine.
Not unless they also are a pretty good judge of portions and such as well. Again, it’s not the balance of foods that I’m concerned about, it’s the fact that people don’t understand or recognize the diff between a physiological need and a psychological want. Even if you kno macros, you can still crave more junk and if you’re “listening to your body” will overeat calorically

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Interesting convo going on here with some familiar faces so i wanted to toss in my own personal eating habit which is 1-2 meals max per day both post training. I only take aminos and pres prior to training. It’s about a 4 hour feed window and 20 hours fast window... been doing this for 2 years now and appear to be in the best shape physically and mentally that I’ve ever been maintaining 10% bf

CompeteNPC

CompeteNPC

Banned
Awards
Interesting convo going on here with some familiar faces so i wanted to toss in my own personal eating habit which is 1-2 meals max per day both post training. I only take aminos and pres prior to training. It’s about a 4 hour feed window and 20 hours fast window... been doing this for 2 years now and appear to be in the best shape physically and mentally that I’ve ever been maintaining 10% bf
What’s a typical meal consist of that you eat post workout? What brand of aminos do you prefer?

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is the example I was speaking about as far as having knowledge and looking good for the beach

However he does the actual “fast” not that 16hr BS. Everything I’ve read shows 20hrs is where “magic” happens. Thanks for the input brotha!

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What’s a typical meal consist of that you eat post workout? What brand of aminos do you prefer?
I use OL endur3 daily and sometimes USP Modern bcaa. I also take half scoop of ergonine pre with other bulk powders

Typical meal is 1650 Cals worth of eggs, chicken/turkey/fish/grass fed beef, leafy greens / other fibrous vegetables, avocado, bacon, olive/coconut oils, dessert is protein ice cream made with coconut milk sometimes
With almonds or walnuts mixed in :)

I’ll mix up my preparation but pretty much different versions of the same ingredients

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The Lean Gains reasoning for 16 hours as opposed to longer had to do with when the fat burn tips to more visceral fat loss. To me I see that as an additional benefit as most people with low insulin sensitivity store more visceral fat... However that was the reasoning why he stopped @ 16. The idea was to keep it more anabolic and for some reason he also didn't feel increases visceral fat burn was that important in the mix.

Martin is supposed to be 5'10 I think I and I know he is around 195-200 @5% most of the time. That is conditioned enough to do well in a lot of physique shows.

Not saying his physique but his conditioning, is right on par and would do him well in physique or classic physique, hell even most bodybuilding shows for that matter. Definitely far better than just gym or beach good.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
until I started with the coaching promo, I was doing almost exactly the same. And with the same results. First time in my life I ahd been able to maintain 10-12% year round for 2+years.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Use what works for you.....most guys will struggle getting the an elite BB level not eating like that....
nor will eating like that make you elite.

This board and gyms around the world are full of young ambitious ddisciplined and motivated kids by the millions who eat and elitist diet for years and never ever ever be more than a recreation lifter.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
nor will eating like that make you elite.

This board and gyms around the world are full of young ambitious ddisciplined and motivated kids by the millions who eat and elitist diet for years and never ever ever be more than a recreation lifter.
Maybe. But I don’t see any professional bodybuilders not eating every 2-3hrs. There’s much more to it that eating but that is a piece of the puzzle they all have in common.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Eating once a day versus 3x... but also closely tracking calories and eating “modified” Keto as i outlined in my earlier post

Certainly not elite physique wise but leaps and bounds beyond where i was 2 years ago