*Easiest Calories*

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
Poor Moyer; his post is getting ripped at... Moyer you had a great idea. I still think the post needs to be renamed. Maybe add some dense, clean calories.
Yeah, poor me. I post on a forum where apparently only about half the readers understand plain English.

H8duke

H8duke

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm skinny and eat fast food everyday. I have barely any fat on me and I grow when I want to. I've eaten this way my whole life including a whole year of 13 donuts for saturday mornings. My doctor visits include perfect BP and resting heart rate of mid to upper 50's. My point here is..... I love his food selection he has provided in this thread! Yummmmm!
Your AGE and metabolism are your best friends! Try that 13 doughnut breakfast 20 years from now.Suffice to say,your results WILL differ!

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Mcdoubles have about a gram of trans fat per burger. Peanut butter has an incredibly tiny amount. The others are trans fat free.

Calories and protein are EVERYONE'S bottom line. Please explain why these foods shouldn't be used and why olive oil would be better.
mcdonalds would probably make me throw up and have a migraine from the amount of msg that is in fast food. fast food is ome the worst crap you can eat.

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
mcdonalds would probably make me throw up and have a migraine from the amount of msg that is in fast food. fast food is ome the worst crap you can eat.
Actually, according to the McDonald's ingredient list, there is no msg in their Mcdoubles (not that I care about msg at all). They only have it in their ranch sauce and breakfast sausage.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Actually, according to the McDonald's ingredient list, there is no msg in their Mcdoubles (not that I care about msg at all). They only have it in their ranch sauce and breakfast sausage.
MSG is often hidden in other ingredients. check this out [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTtz30XbQBo"]YouTube - MSG The Original 60 Minutes Special (PART 1) monosodium[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRUNXFPvIKM"]YouTube - MSG The Original 60 Minutes Special (PART 2) monosodium[/ame]
and if you don't believe the video I can assure you msg is bad for those sensitive to it. I had campbells one time and past out within 20 minutes after eatting it. When I woke up I had a headache for about 10 hours. Campbells love to put msg in their products. They will often hide it. MSG is in alot of bread also, usually as "malt extract" or "yeast food". I only get my bread from whole foods. "natural Flavors" and "Spices usually contain msg, but sometimes don't. The only way to find out is to contact the company. People also vary in their tolerance of msg. Some ingredients contain more msg or more free gluten (unbound gluten) then others. For example if I have alittle maltodextrin I seem fine, but if I have "yeast food" I get a terrible headache. I read there is some free gluten in whey as a result of processing, but whey has never given me a headache, but it has on occasion made me feel alittle nauseous.

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
I think if McDonalds wanted to hide it, they wouldn't list it on their breakfast sandwiches either.

Besides that, msg has nothing to do with this thread. That's like saying we should all avoid peanut butter because some people are allergic to it.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Your AGE and metabolism are your best friends! Try that 13 doughnut breakfast 20 years from now.Suffice to say,your results WILL differ!
We are talking about now, not the future!

And to all not getting the point of this thread. Just get off the guys back. The thread is exactly what he wrote: "Easy Calories". Just because you opened the thread expecting something else and it wasnt that means there is no reason to flaunt your "clean calories, blah blah blah."

Those calories are easy and convenient, so it ends at that.

Im sure if he wanted to make a "clean calorie, for bulking or whatever" thread then he could do it.

shotdead42

Awards
i agree wit ironaddict, on all what he has had to say.
For me its hella hard tog ain mass, and eating things like mcdonalds everynow and then(NOT eveyday...) ant a problem.

Depends how ur body works too, for me i'm young so i'd eat w/e i want and not gain a pound.

For me bulkin is Freakin hard as hell, so i try and eat as much as i can.

spyoptic

Awards
one shot of olive oil = 600 cals of healthy fats.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Avocados - add them to salads, sandwiches, or even cut them up and toss in vinegar and evoo with some pepper!!!
Almonds
Milk
Yogurt
Granola

I can eat tons of any of these and not get full. Another obvious answer is a homemade shake, but we all have ideas for those :D

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
We are talking about now, not the future!

And to all not getting the point of this thread. Just get off the guys back. The thread is exactly what he wrote: "Easy Calories". Just because you opened the thread expecting something else and it wasnt that means there is no reason to flaunt your "clean calories, blah blah blah."

Those calories are easy and convenient, so it ends at that.

Im sure if he wanted to make a "clean calorie, for bulking or whatever" thread then he could do it.
SERIOUSLY! I agree^^^The whole point was easy calories, if you dont like em, dont eat em! Let me tell you a story. I used to work in a maximum security prison for five years. I watched dudes get twice the size of half the people in this thread on peanut butter and oatmeal, noodles and bagged tuna, and solid gym time. I'm talking HUGE. Im all for a great diet but dont come in here acting like you some kind of guru on clean eating when the point of the thread wasnt to offer some alternative diet, just a few suggestions to bump your cals quick. Good thread moyer.

marco wolf

marco wolf

Awards
  • Established
This thread is for convenient, calorie packed foods/snacks/meals. Convenience is key, tastiness is key, "cleanliness" is not as long as it isn't full of trans fat. Low cost is a plus. High protein is a plus, but not totally required in this thread. The kind of stuff you can eat when you have no appetite. Give me your favorites.
Some of you are missing the point of this thread. These are not meals to build your diet around (except the milk). These are for when you're trying to build muscle and you need to eat more, but you don't feel like you can. These are for every skinny guy out there that just doesn't think it's possible for him to gain weight. These are for every skinny guy that tortures himself day after day, eating nothing but skinless chicken breasts and oatmeal, wondering why he can't add more weight to the bar.
An easy way to add calories is to drink heavy cream and/or coconut milk. Both of these are high in saturated fats, which are needed for protein synthesis within the cell. Hard boiled eggs have protein, saturated fats AND cholesterol, which is necessary to synthesize hormones.

The only way a true "ecto" will gain weight on a chicken breast, tuna and oats diet, is to add steroids to his diet.

And before anyone mentions "healthy fats", saturated fats are healthy, as long as they are taken in moderation. Just like everything else.

MikeMagz1013

Awards
Canned Chili! I believe thats like a buck each. Then you get the shredded cheddar cheese and throw in a shitload of saltine crackers. Calories/carbs/protein and a DAMN good taste. Enjoying the meal and getting your calories n protein, a 2 in 1 special.

JOHNJESSICA20

JOHNJESSICA20

Advanced Muscle Science Rep
Awards
  • Established
Come on guys, obviously this isn't a proposed diet. Although, I (and guys like me) could eat this food and ONLY this food and not get fat. That doesn't mean, however, that these are staples. But, as Moyer said, these sorts of meals are really just for ADDING calories. I don't know about you guys, but I get damn sick of trying to add calories by eating ANOTHER chicken breast or ANOTHER can of tuna or ANOTHER cup of oatmeal. Sooo... when i am literally fed up with that stuff, I walk across the street to In-n-Out, and I buy a 4 by 4 and a milkshake. (yeah, i live across the street from an in-n-out... awesome, i know)

That sort of thing isn't for everyone, we know, but I've had diets as high as 5000calories a day, and gained little muscle, and almost no fat, so tossing in a Mcdouble really isn't going to make much of a difference.

Aggravated, these aren't going to make a "skinny guy fat." I was a skinny guy, and I bulked for two years straight. I have never been on a cut, and I am about 9-10% bf. I don't think it will even be possible for me to get fat until I'm about 30 years old and my metabolism starts to slow...

And Moyer, thaaaank youuu. I'm gonna go pick up some baked beans and potato salad ASAP. To contribute: CHINESE FOOD. White rice and mongolian beef, plus some orange chicken, is my fav. Something about chinese food let's you eat friggin' pounds of it, and then you're hungry again in an hour.
Im with u on this...If i dont keep my caloric intake around 4500 cals im not gaining, and i hate eating the "good foods" some of them jus dont have the calories i need. But its not for everybody thats right.

rankbull

rankbull

Awards
  • Established
wowwww don't ya think this has gone a little far??? to basically solve everyone's argument:

everyone needs to learn how their body reacts to different foods/nutrients! everyone is different therefore no one can really argue that what they think is right for someone is actually right. it's up to the individual and their dedication.

AND isn't it completely ridiculous to come into a forum titled EASIEST CALORIES and argue good, healthy foods?! pleaasseeee

Tunasandwich

Awards
Good ideas from the OP. I eat all that stuff but again i am a hard gainer. Mcdonalds is great for packing on the cal's so is some chef boy r dee - i eat both on a regular basis and i am just dandy.

If you are prone to fat then i would suggest not doing this but from a hard gainers prospective a little fat in the diet is really good for us and as a matter of fact my post workout meal today was a can of chef (yummy) 7 slices of turkey 4 slices of ham ton of mayo and 3 slices of kraft singles on a tortilla wrap - also had about a cup of mac salad.

That meal is about 1500 cals and it is what i require if i dont want to loose weight, my natural tendency i would guess is about 160lbs - my body wants to always run to its natural weight and fights with me to stay above that. (i am about 196lbs now) and i can tell you this; if i slack on my ass ripping calories for just 3-5 days i will loose 5-8 lbs like it was nothing.

Keep that in mind please as the perspective of the hard gainer.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Weight Loss 22