dymatize protein orange dreamsicle flavor?

jaymode

Awards
  • Established
I have tried it and it is pretty good.
How I would rate it:
Mixability: 5/10 It clumps a lot more than any other Protein I have tried when just shaking. I have discovered that if you shake it and then let it sit for a few minutes, and shake better. It disolves better.

Taste: 8/10. It tastes good and is sweet. It is like an orange dreamsicle just like the name says. I could not use it contiuously, after one 5lb tub, I needed a break from it.

Other: For some reason it seems to give me bad gas. I never have gas from taking ON whey, but with this Dymatize within 30 minutes, I am already farting and they get really nasty smelling.

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
I tried it because I got free samples of it and I really like orange dreamsicle flavor typically, however, I did not like this very much at all. I'd grade it 'poor' for mixing and 'below average' for taste.

spitboy2000

Board Supporter
Awards
thanks. i read somewhere else about the farting problem, not a good sign.

i'm basically lookin for a fruit flavor that's good and not as pricey as the substance grape... any suggestions??

G

jaymode

Awards
  • Established

i'm basically lookin for a fruit flavor that's good and not as pricey as the substance grape... any suggestions??

G
Umm substance WPI is about as cheap as you will get. ON is coming out with 100% Whey Gold Standard and it will come in a Tropical Fruit flavor...I dont know how it will be though.

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
Substance WPI (2#) is 23.99 from board sponsor Nutraplanet. That supplies 34 servings at 22g.

Ergopharm GF-Pro has some great flavors. I don't think any board sponsor carries it, but Netrition.com has it right now for 24.99 for 2#. That supplies 36 servings at 23g.

Other options might include:

Molecular Nutrition Whey Fruity
Syntrax Nectar
Cytosport Evopro (fruit flavors)
VPX Zero Carb (straw-kiwi)

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

G
I love the All The Whey Orange flavor. Its mix of concentrate and isolate though, its not all Isolate so its cheaper. You can get the isolate version also though. I prefer the regual 50/50 mix its around $38.99 for 10 pounds. I like it anyway.