DTH causing light-headedness?

jluce50

Awards
I've been taking DTH for about a week and, while it's been great otherwise, I've been feeling a bit light-headed and dizzy for most of that time. At first I didn't even suspect it but I've been eliminating other variables and at this point I'm fairly sure it's the DTH, which surprised me. So my question is, what could be causing this? The ingredients look pretty benign.... :think:

Any ideas?

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
I'm no expert, but how's your water intake? That could be a possible cause. I know I had to up mine, even though I was drinking plenty of water. What's your dosing look like too bud? I'm sure others will chime in here as well to help ya out.

jluce50

Awards
Thanks for the replies.

I probably drink 4L of water a day on average. I've been taking a 3/day so far. I was going to bump it up to 4/day but I'd like to get this issue figured out before I do that.

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, i was drinking way more than I thought I needed, but I still had to bump it, I was kinda surprised. Thank God water is cheap. How soon are you getting the light headed and dizzy feelings after taking it? Have you checked your pulse? I don't mean it in a bad way, check it before and after you dose, and see where it's at. Also, are you taking anything else? DTH makes lots of things waaaay more efficient, so if your taking an NO product (caffeine for me works too), then that could be an answer as well. I actually lowered my dose of JP8 once I started this stack (DTH/Sunami). Good luck man!! Keep us posted!!

jluce50

Awards
What symptoms were you experiencing that led to upping your water intake?

I get a little bit of a buzz that's not really unpleasant within about 20-30 minutes of taking it. As that wears off I start to get the light-headed feeling. I do drink one cup of coffee in the morning and I'm fairly sensitive to caffeine. However, I have the same symptoms after my second and third dose later in the afternoon so I don't think that's it. Pulse seems unaffected.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Also check your carb intake. Increased test is a fantastic nutrient partitioner, and will increase your requirement for all macros.

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
Also check your carb intake. Increased test is a fantastic nutrient partitioner, and will increase your requirement for all macros.
Yessir!! Always ravenous now.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The alpha lipoic acid in it may also be effecting his blood sugar.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
The alpha lipoic acid in it may also be effecting his blood sugar.
Good call...most definitely.
Nice one guys, hadn't even crossed my mind, didn't think that there would be that much of it in the pills, but for curious sakes, how much would you have to take to affect a 200lb male roughly? I was under the impression it might not be that much, but like I said, I didn't think it had even that much in it. Gonna google it, but you know, just curious. Thanks guys!!

jluce50

Awards
Huh, interesting. I was moderately hypoglycemic when I was younger and it did feel somewhat like the dizziness that comes with low blood sugar. So assuming this is the problem, a steady flow of carbs would be the answer then?

Looks like this is not a supplement to take during a cutting phase... ;)

jluce50

Awards
To follow up with that thought, is there any way to find out how much ALA there is in each tablet?

According to this site, the recommended daily dose is 50-100mg and "higher amounts can cause nausea and upset stomach". All it takes is one tablet to make me dizzy and I'd be surprised if one tablet had even the full recommended daily dose.

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
I've been taking DTH for about a week and, while it's been great otherwise, I've been feeling a bit light-headed and dizzy for most of that time. At first I didn't even suspect it but I've been eliminating other variables and at this point I'm fairly sure it's the DTH, which surprised me. So my question is, what could be causing this? The ingredients look pretty benign.... :think:

Any ideas?
DTH increase NO and drops blood pressure in some, so u have to take it with a lot of water (after each dose for about an hour) or take it after eating a meal.

jluce50

Awards
DTH increase NO and drops blood pressure in some, so u have to take it with a lot of water (after each dose for about an hour) or take it after eating a meal.
I have been drinking a LOT of water, so I don't think that's a problem for me. I'll try taking it after a meal and see how that goes. Thanks for the response.

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
I have been drinking a LOT of water, so I don't think that's a problem for me. I'll try taking it after a meal and see how that goes. Thanks for the response.
its more important how much water u drink the 1 hour after u consume a dose.