Drinking on cycle question

teamguy312

Awards
I've been on a cycle of anavar and test (cyp and prop). It's been 2 weeks so far and I was going to go out and drink but considered the risks, I don't know if it would be harmful to drink just a night or two throughout the cycle if I don't take the anavar that day and just take cycle support. Thanks for the help.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah of course there’s risk. There’s already risk just doing a cycle in the first place. You just need to decide how much risk you want to take and how much you want to drink.

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
You shouldn't drink on cycle. We've had this discussion here before and while some have a hard rule that zero drinking is the only acceptable amount of drinking on cycle, I don't necessarily agree with that. On cycle I will fairly often have anywhere from 1-3 drinks per week (and I never have more than 2 drinks in a 24 hour period). If the 1-3 drinks per week is going to be the straw that damages my liver, then the cycle was too toxic to begin with. If you're talking about going out a couple nights and drinking 4+ drinks then just forget it and wait until your cycle is over. If you're talking about going out and having a beer or glass of wine with dinner I wouldn't stress it out too much. But nevertheless, the zero drinking on cycle rule is a good rule to follow.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I've been on a cycle of anavar and test (cyp and prop). It's been 2 weeks so far and I was going to go out and drink but considered the risks, I don't know if it would be harmful to drink just a night or two throughout the cycle if I don't take the anavar that day and just take cycle support. Thanks for the help.
Stopping Anavar that day won't help anything and taking liver supplements on the day you drink will make it worse, most liver supplements do not mix with alcohol. There not going to repair the liver while alcohol is present. I'm sure some can but you are over thinking the crap out of this. Go out and have (a drink or 2) and call it a night.

If someone can't be responsible to set a 1 or 2 occasional drink limit on cycle then there not responsible enough to drink or use gear.

I personally am not responsible enough to only have 2 drinks, even 10+ isint enough for me sometimes, so I always choose zero every time

teamguy312

Awards
Stopping Anavar that day won't help anything and taking liver supplements on the day you drink will make it worse, most liver supplements do not mix with alcohol. There not going to repair the liver while alcohol is present. I'm sure some can but you are over thinking the crap out of this. Go out and have (a drink or 2) and call it a night.

If someone can't be responsible to set a 1 or 2 occasional drink limit on cycle then there not responsible enough to drink or use gear.

I personally am not responsible enough to only have 2 drinks, even 10+ isint enough for me sometimes, so I always choose zero every time
Thanks, yeah one or two drinks really doesn't touch me so it's a bit of a waste. That's surprising that the cycle support won't help with the alcohol, I would think it would br similar to methylation oral they are supposed to combat but you learn something new every day.

I'm probably overthinking it but honestly I just didn't want to make a habit out of something potentially more damaging than I thought so I wanted some clarification.

You seem like a knowledgeable guy, would you happen to know if superdrol increases RBC significantly like some others? I was thinking about doing it for 4 weeks in 6 months or so.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Thanks, yeah one or two drinks really doesn't touch me so it's a bit of a waste. That's surprising that the cycle support won't help with the alcohol, I would think it would br similar to methylation oral they are supposed to combat but you learn something new every day.

I'm probably overthinking it but honestly I just didn't want to make a habit out of something potentially more damaging than I thought so I wanted some clarification.

You seem like a knowledgeable guy, would you happen to know if superdrol increases RBC significantly like some others? I was thinking about doing it for 4 weeks in 6 months or so.
There's something that happens when alcohol is present that actually makes things like nac or tudca and milk thistle more toxic, how much more, idk. But taking extra liver support before going out to drink won't do anything to protect you and stopping the var for a day won't either.

To be perfectly honest, the liver is resilient. There's a million 20 year old kids in the military popping oral steroids and drinking beer and eating trash and there not dieing or getting liver problems. There also not making results. Dont be the guy who takes steroids and still eats and acts and looks like the average joe..

SD and rbc, I would only be guessing here but it probably has similar effects like all steroids do.

Anadrol and eq seem to be the ones that increase rbc more then others, for me personally, they don't do it any worse then test or anything else I've used.

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
There's something that happens when alcohol is present that actually makes things like nac or tudca and milk thistle more toxic, how much more, idk. But taking extra liver support before going out to drink won't do anything to protect you and stopping the var for a day won't either.
Do we know if this just applies to alcohol or if it also applies to oral AAS as well? My guess is that nobody has run any studies on it with AAS like they have with alcohol but I wonder if those shouldn't be taken in conjunction with oral AAS? I mean, there are a lot of products on the market that have DS/PH and add liver protection which could include milk thistle, NAC, or TUDCA into the product, so I'm assuming most people have been using it simultaneously for quite some time now.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Do we know if this just applies to alcohol or if it also applies to oral AAS as well? My guess is that nobody has run any studies on it with AAS like they have with alcohol but I wonder if those shouldn't be taken in conjunction with oral AAS? I mean, there are a lot of products on the market that have DS/PH and add liver protection which could include milk thistle, NAC, or TUDCA into the product, so I'm assuming most people have been using it simultaneously for quite some time now.
2 completely different things.

Alcohol and methylated steroids both have negative impacts on the liver but it's still too completely different things. You're overthinking things again

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’m not a drinker but drink a couple of times a year and if one of those times happens to be during cycle I don’t worry about it. I wouldn’t recommend making a habit of it but if it’s only 1 night out I’m sure you’ll be fine, just don’t overdo it.

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
It's weird..something tells me that when guys ask this question then they have trouble only having 1 or 2 drinks. I'm not saying this specific to you OP it's just we get this question regularly and I think deep down a lot of guys want to know what happens I'd they crush it all night

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
It's weird..something tells me that when guys ask this question then they have trouble only having 1 or 2 drinks. I'm not saying this specific to you OP it's just we get this question regularly and I think deep down a lot of guys want to know what happens I'd they crush it all night
That's the impression I am getting too. If I'm on cycle I will go to a bar occasionally but only get a maximum of 2 drinks. If I'm staying longer with my friends then after that I just get water and order some chicken, steak, etc. If I want to get inebriated, then I'll just take a couple hits of marijuana or eat an edible. I know some people can't control themselves but for me it's really not that hard. Having said that, when I'm off cycle I have attended parties and had 6 drinks in a night.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Agree.
.... And OP basically said he's one of those guys.

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Mixing 1 drink with some marijuana can get you quite high actually as it helps the absorption of the THC. Of course I've seen studies on THC that show it has no impact on liver function... actually improves liver function. Then I've seen other people claim THC increases chances of liver disease, so who the hell really knows. Either way, if you have to party I would stick with the 1 drink + a couple of hits of marijuana. I know it's anecdotal but it works for me.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I take nac year round, 1200-1800mg a day. It's benefits stretch far beyond liver health and if you just take it you're round as a daily supplement you don't ever have to worry about adding it in or if I need to take it with this or remove it with that et cetera It's benefits stretch far beyond liver health and if you just take it you're round as a daily supplement you don't ever have to worry about adding it in or if I need to take it with this or remove it with that et cetera.
Mixing 1 drink with some marijuana can get you quite high actually as it helps the absorption of the THC. Of course I've seen studies on THC that show it has no impact on liver function... actually improves liver function. Then I've seen other people claim THC increases chances of liver disease, so who the hell really knows. Either way, if you have to party I would stick with the 1 drink + a couple of hits of marijuana. I know it's anecdotal but it works for me.
I'm a fan of thc, but mixing more drugs to match the effects of other drugs doesn't really help someone who has a problem with moderation.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
It's always first cycle or no self control. Anyone who practices moderation doesn't ask these types of questions.

I know because I'm someone who has a hard time with moderation when it comes to booze.

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm a fan of thc, but mixing more drugs to match the effects of other drugs doesn't really help someone who has a problem with moderation.
That's true. I'm just trying to say that there are viable alternatives if you need that buzz or inebriation. But yes, if you're concerned you cannot stop at 1 drink then it's best to just avoid it altogether.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm agreement with Smont throughout this. 1-2 drinks likely isn't going to have much impact in either damage or having fun so best to skip it unless you can confidentaly keep it at those limits. I am a balls to the wall guy and if I am drinking tequila, the bottle is mine, so I tend to avoid. Nowadays I am more "california sober". That being said, I went through a long, long period of downing whisky and tequila with ease and all my liver enzymes would be great on labs, so the liver is resilient but I also have never taken oral AAS so that is the wild card here.

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
It's always first cycle or no self control. Anyone who practices moderation doesn't ask these types of questions.

I know because I'm someone who has a hard time with moderation when it comes to booze.
Yea I was going to add that to my reply if someone cold legit have 1 or 2 drinks max with dinner on a Friday night I highly doubt they would have to post anything about it

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I have not had any notable issues having a couple of drinks with dinner or whatever on an oral cycle but i don't go crazy at all. If you are drinking to get drunk the answer is hell no. If you are drinking to be social and relax a little then a couple drinks is probably fine here and there. if not, I have definitely sabotaged myself a few times. Moderation and intent is more the factor than 100% avoidance for me anyway.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I have not had any notable issues having a couple of drinks with dinner or whatever on an oral cycle but i don't go crazy at all. If you are drinking to get drunk the answer is hell no. If you are drinking to be social and relax a little then a couple drinks is probably fine here and there. if not, I have definitely sabotaged myself a few times. Moderation and intent is more the factor than 100% avoidance for me anyway.
I don't know why everyone acts like your liver will fall out, Ronnie Coleman use do drink 4-5 beers every Saturday night of his whole career. The internet has deluded people into thinking that oral steroids are way more liver toxic then they are and if your a steroid user, there's lots of things we as steroid users need to worry about and our livers are very low on that list.

Can anyone name me some bodybuilders that have died from liver failure? I'd bet there's not many.

And if there is, I'd also bet there's not a single person they can point there finger and single out oral steroids as the cause.

Tylenol will rot your liver out faster then dbol or anavar will.

If you took a entire bottle of 10mg dbol or anavar and ate it all in one serving, nothing serious would happen. You might get nausea and puke but your not gonna get liver failure or die.

If you ate a whole bottle of Tylenol, your dead!

By the way @MrKleen73

This wasn't directed at you at all, I just happened to jam everything into this post.

If you wanna go out once in a while and have a few in moderation your gonna be fine. I know guys who been on gear for like 30 years who drink a beer or 2 after work every single day.

Is drinking good for you, no! Is a drink or 2 gonna crap your liver out on cycle, no!

Over the years I been here, this exact thread topic has came up probably 500-600 times.

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I don't know why everyone acts like your liver will fall out, Ronnie Coleman use do drink 4-5 beers every Saturday night of his whole career. The internet has deluded people into thinking that oral steroids are way more liver toxic then they are and if your a steroid user, there's lots of things we as steroid users need to worry about and our livers are very low on that list.

Can anyone name me some bodybuilders that have died from liver failure? I'd bet there's not many.

And if there is, I'd also bet there's not a single person they can point there finger and single out oral steroids as the cause.

Tylenol will rot your liver out faster then dbol or anavar will.

If you took a entire bottle of 10mg dbol or anavar and ate it all in one serving, nothing serious would happen. You might get nausea and puke but your not gonna get liver failure or die.

If you ate a whole bottle of Tylenol, your dead!

By the way @MrKleen73

This wasn't directed at you at all, I just happened to jam everything into this post.

If you wanna go out once in a while and have a few in moderation your gonna be fine. I know guys who been on gear for like 30 years who drink a beer or 2 after work every single day.

Is drinking good for you, no! Is a drink or 2 gonna crap your liver out on cycle, no!

Over the years I been here, this exact thread topic has came up probably 500-600 times.
I'm tired of the alcohol one so I'm gonna start the does jacking off ruin your training sessions the next day or hinder growth if you fall asleep right after? Proceed gentlemen...

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If you're taking toxic #$$@, don't throw in more toxic $@#$.
That should be a no-brainer.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
If you're taking toxic #$$@, don't throw in more toxic $@#$.
That should be a no-brainer.
But it's also a no Brainer that drinking a beer or a glass of wine isn't going to cause a problem, if your just having a drink

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'm tired of the alcohol one so I'm gonna start the does jacking off ruin your training sessions the next day or hinder growth if you fall asleep right after? Proceed gentlemen...
What if yiu jack off and fall asleep in the middle of your workout.....

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
But it's also a no Brainer that drinking a beer or a glass of wine isn't going to cause a problem, if your just having a drink
Thanks Doc!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Go have (1 drink) and get blood work the next day and let me know what the damage is.

The answer is zero

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Go have (1 drink) and get blood work the next day and let me know what the damage is.

The answer is zero
Some delude themselves into believing that.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Doesn't take a doctor, if it just takes someone with a sliver of common sense and a understanding how things work.

Is drinking healthy, NO!

IS ONE DRINK GOING TO CAUSE HEALTH PROBLEMS..... NO!

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
And some people will drink off cycle, thinking they are now, ‘safe’ but the reality is you’re then never giving your liver etc. time off and all that.

Also, I know when I drank, it wasn’t hard for that to turn into a few (or more) extra not so clean calories.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
And some people will drink off cycle, thinking they are now, ‘safe’ but the reality is you’re then never giving your liver etc. time off and all that.

Also, I know when I drank, it wasn’t hard for that to turn into a few (or more) extra not so clean calories.
OP Already stated he wasn't interested in drinking 1 drink. .... Or even 2. Yet his thread is being used to push unsafe behavior.
If a guy wants to drink and do steroids together, I Definitely don't advocate it.
Just don't make it sound "fine".
Because it isn't.

Not long ago, this was known as a harm-reduction board (among other things).
Not anymore.

But I'll argue against harm-advocacy for others, as long as I have breath.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What about the same day? Or jacking during a workout? What if jacking off is your whole workout for the day. For like, cardio or something.
That is quite literally where I am at! I had shoulder surgery 6 weeks ago, therefore I just don’t use my right arm when doing so. I often find myself extending one session well beyond an hour. Kick back for a bit and then hit another round on good days. I definitely get a good sweat going on, but for some reason it doesn’t seem to be impacting my physique?

I am also drinking. Sometimes before or after my sessions. NEVER during though. I’m not crazy!

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

And that is why I NEVER attempt to eat healthy when I am on a drinking cycle. It’s just too many variables up in the air and it’s just asking for disappointment and regret.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I’m officially going to derail now, sorry but I have to.

My Senior year of high school I was the #3 singles player on the tennis team. I should specify boy’s tennis I suppose, as they weren’t combined back then like they are now. The #1 and #2 players were like teenage phenoms (bastards), but also happened to be Juniors.

So we made it all the way to the state championships. Problem was, my Senior prom was the night before the day of the championships. I talked to the tennis coach beforehand and simply said “Sorry, I’m out.”

I just wanted to be able to enjoy the prom like everyone else. You know, camp out in the woods, drink anything and everything available, sample something else new, and then fool around with anyone except for my date. So, that’s what I did! You can’t live your life with regrets.

OK, carry on..

Last edited:

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I remember my first cycle at 20-21 years old.
Test cyp, emptied that vial and obtained sustenon 250. Fucking zambon winstrol in vials in my fridge was my pct!!!

All I could get was 21 gauge needles!!!
I was at the club every night drunk as **** snorting cocaine. Dumb as **** but I made it through unscathed.
I have drank a swimming pools amount of beer on gear. Not proud, or bragging just shows the resilience of the liver and how stupid I was. I'm old now and my liver seemed to make it.

Some guys go bald some guys have other issues. You're rolling the dice. The fact that you are here contemplating is your subconscious telling Don't drink!
Listen to it, use the cycle to get sober and focused

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar

To be perfectly honest, the liver is resilient. There's a million 20 year old kids in the military popping oral steroids and drinking beer and eating trash and there not dieing or getting liver problems. There also not making results. Dont be the guy who takes steroids and still eats and acts and looks like the average joe..

SD and rbc, I would only be guessing here but it probably has similar effects like all steroids do.

Anadrol and eq seem to be the ones that increase rbc more then others, for me personally, they don't do it any worse then test or anything else I've used.
That's true for tudca and possibly for milk thistle (I don't have knowledge on milk thistle). But taking nac before and during alcohol consumption is actually beneficial. Taking nac during/before drinking obviously won't make drinking not unhealthy, but it does mitigate the toxicity a little.

This comment has nothing to do with drinking on cycle btw, just about nac and alcohol.

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
It does seem like the question is never "is it safe to have 1 or 2 glasses of red wine per week for the antioxidants?" and more like "is it OK if I go out and get f**ked up this weekend?" The reason is because the people who have 1 or 2 glasses of wine per week don't have to ask this question and the people who are looking to get f**ked up are just looking for someone on the internet to tell them what they want to hear and give them clearance to go out and drink. This is as much a maturity issue as it is a toxicity issue.... maybe even more.

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I remember my first cycle at 20-21 years old.
Test cyp, emptied that vial and obtained sustenon 250. Fucking zambon winstrol in vials in my fridge was my pct!!!

All I could get was 21 gauge needles!!!
I was at the club every night drunk as **** snorting cocaine. Dumb as **** but I made it through unscathed.
I have drank a swimming pools amount of beer on gear. Not proud, or bragging just shows the resilience of the liver and how stupid I was. I'm old now and my liver seemed to make it.

Some guys go bald some guys have other issues. You're rolling the dice. The fact that you are here contemplating is your subconscious telling Don't drink!
Listen to it, use the cycle to get sober and focused
It does seem like the question is never "is it safe to have 1 or 2 glasses of red wine per week for the antioxidants?" and more like "is it OK if I go out and get f**ked up this weekend?" The reason is because the people who have 1 or 2 glasses of wine per week don't have to ask this question and the people who are looking to get f**ked up are just looking for someone on the internet to tell them what they want to hear and give them clearance to go out and drink. This is as much a maturity issue as it is a toxicity issue.... maybe even more.
This 👆

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Cycle Logs 26
Anabolics 4
Bigmatt57 Anabolics 10
Anabolics 22
Supplements 6