Dried fruit

Ray Donovan

Awards
Help me find some more delicious dried fruit please!

I find it's hit or miss. My favorite is dried pineapple, cherries and mango. I'm not sure on a pineapple brand but here's my chosen cherry and mango brands.

Attachments

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have been mulling over doing my own dried fruit and have investigated various machines. Now that we have a decent stove (moved) I am reconsidering. You've rekindled the idea. (pun). I would look at reviews of drying machines online then find a deal at that place in the Amazon...

If you feel adventurous. Otherwise, I just find the best whole foods type place local growers, and they usually have some nice dried fruits. Trader Joe's if I'm not mistaken have good deals maybe. Never been, but friends often rave about some of their offerings. If you find a great deal, let us all know.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have been mulling over doing my own dried fruit and have investigated various machines. Now that we have a decent stove (moved) I am reconsidering. You've rekindled the idea. (pun). I would look at reviews of drying machines online then find a deal at that place in the Amazon...

If you feel adventurous. Otherwise, I just find the best whole foods type place local growers, and they usually have some nice dried fruits. Trader Joe's if I'm not mistaken have good deals maybe. Never been, but friends often rave about some of their offerings. If you find a great deal, let us all know.
I agree that making your own would be the best bet. All you need is a dehydrator and a good recipe ?
Heck I might even do this myself... You got me thinking justhere4comm

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Intellicook 5 tray dehydrater coasts around $30, check it out

u_e_s_i