Dosing IGF-1 types

VES

Awards
You know, everyone is saying that after 30 days your receptors are pretty well starting to experience resistance to further igf dosing. If that is the case, and it makes as much sense as anything in this crazy game, then there must be an amount of time for your body to get past that resistance.

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
you could factor it out, given the half-life - would it take more than a couple weeks, tho? I mean, is it about receptor saturation, or just concerns about prolonged IGF-1 elevation?

VES

Awards
Exactly, I don't know, but it seems like a VERY commonly held belief that there is a saturation point, and I'm not sure how the "days to saturation" was formulated, or how long until the receptors are "ready to go" again. It seems like a lot of brotelligence to me so far...the more I search and read, the less it seems there is any hard and fast rules with igf. I think maybe because its a research chem? I'd love to find some factual answers, maybe like a thread where IBE and MR discuss nuances of the product we are not yet privy to.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
You won't. But the general consensus is that IGF-1 response decreases from around the 40 day mark, is about halved at 50 days and completely gone at 60 days ON. Of course I'm sure some guys see diminishing returns after 30 days ON and some others can go 60 without seeing decreases. It may or may not be dependent on type of administration, dosage, time PWO or not, etc etc etc. Too many variables, no true general rule. I mean with androgens, you have 60 years use among hundreds of thousands of users and with IGF-1 you have barely 10 years among just a few thousand users. That's not much data considering the amount of factors. With time, the consensus will boil down to a hard rule.

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
well if we postulate the half-life of LR3 to be 48 hours (just for argument's sake), a 100mcg level, and a 100mcg final dose (and assuming unsupplemented IGF levels to be zero), all LR3 should be out of the system after a week. IIRC, endogenous IGF lasts only minutes, I believe - maybe hours, but not days, so IGF receptors should therefore be quick-clearing. LR3 may have a longer life, but it doesn't stick around, either (apparently).

I'll bet a staggered dosing such as 5 on / 3 off would take care of any "receptor clogging", if that's actually an issue. Not that I'm recommending it: IMO maintaining constant levels makes more sense.

VES

Awards
So, 4 weeks of igf followed by 6-8 weeks of say, a mixed bag of other stuff, and then 4 more weeks of igf during PCT, and I should see maximum igf results during both applications. Since the time between each would be way, way longer than the igf cycles themselves.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
THAT is EXACTLY the very single best way to use it, man. Do that and you'll be forever in love with the stuff, on equal grounds with testosterone.

VES

Awards
;) Free at last, free at last, thank God almighty...

Helps me calculate how much I'm going to spend on myself for christmas I guess...:food:

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Keep a log or at least tell us how it goes, aight? ;)

VES

Awards
I will, just tying up some loose ends before I get started. I got a bunch of PH stuff to use, so it won't be a real exotic mix but it should be interesting anyway.

Neuromancer

Awards
  • Established
well if we postulate the half-life of LR3 to be 48 hours (just for argument's sake), a 100mcg level, and a 100mcg final dose (and assuming unsupplemented IGF levels to be zero), all LR3 should be out of the system after a week. IIRC, endogenous IGF lasts only minutes, I believe - maybe hours, but not days, so IGF receptors should therefore be quick-clearing. LR3 may have a longer life, but it doesn't stick around, either (apparently).

I'll bet a staggered dosing such as 5 on / 3 off would take care of any "receptor clogging", if that's actually an issue. Not that I'm recommending it: IMO maintaining constant levels makes more sense.
If I remember correctly the half life of LR3 is about 4 hours. But with OT, its the systematic absorbtion method that they use to get its 1/2t=24 - 48hrs

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
yeah, like I said: just for the sake of the argument; AFAIK it's the delivery system & ONLY that which gives the 48-hr window. My point was that the stuff s so short-lived that receptors (either clogging or clearing) shouldn't be an issue.

'Course, I know I don't know everything, so anyone got better info (or just better figuring), bring it!