Dosing ALCAR & LCLT

MagillaRU

Awards
I recently started dosing ALCAR pre-WO but upon further research, it seems like LCLT would be the better option.....

*I ran a quick search on this but got conflicting results so any experience or suggestions would be appreciated. Hopefully Cooper can chime in.

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

Awards
  • Established
I just pop 750mg ALCAR with each meal

Reactions: mw1
blacklac

blacklac

Awards
I can't say I really notice anything from LCLT, as far as recovery goes. I'd personally lean towards ALCAR, it just seems more beneficial to me, beyond the weight room.

Reactions: mw1
bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Depends on what you are looking to get out of each. I usually prefer my ALCAR upon waking (or AM and PM) and LCLT at 2-3g pre-workout.

MagillaRU

Awards
I like the idea of just sticking to the ALCAR with meals for my purpose (overall mental clarity and health benefits). Originally, I just figured it would be a great addition to my preWO stack (caffeine, citrulline, GPLC/nitrates) but I actually like it better without. The ALCAR seems to induce somewhat of a calming effect, not something on want when I'm training.

Thanks for the quick responses!

drseuss6969

drseuss6969

Awards
  • Established
I enjoy some alcar with my preworkout and lclt is defiantly a good addition then too. Enless your going for the gda effects of alcar I'm fairly certain you want to take it on and empt stomach , but then again even as a gda you would take it a reasonable amount of time before you eat too

MagillaRU

Awards
I didn't think alcar had gda effects.....???

As stated above, my reasons for taking this are overall health and mental clarity benefits. Should also mention, I was planning on dosing low (1000mg) split into two doses daily to avoid the need of running na-r-ala as I am not interested in a gda.

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LCLT before workout to prime your androgen receptors. ALCAR any time, really. My opinion.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like to dose my ALCAR with Na-R-ALA + Agmatine at 500-750mg 2-3 times daily. If I am just running ALCAR, then I will go 750-1000mg twice per day. LCLT ran at 3 grams pre-workout.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I like to dose my ALCAR with Na-R-ALA + Agmatine at 500-750mg 2-3 times daily. If I am just running ALCAR, then I will go 750-1000mg twice per day. LCLT ran at 3 grams pre-workout.
Love this set up. Usually will get ALCAR 1-2g throughout the day + MyoBuild pre-workout with some Agmatine + Cit. Mal.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
ALCAR for mental clarity. Combine it with Choline and wham, awesome focus stack

MagillaRU

Awards
I'm gonna run just the ALCAR (1000mg) in split doses for a week or two and then increase the total intake if needed in an effort to avoid the need for additional antioxidants other than normal multi, fish oil, and whatever I get through food. I have some na-r-ala on hand but would rather go without if possible.

To add, I'm not a huge fan of agmatine. I've experimented with all different kinds of dosing parameters but it never seemed worth it in the long run. I would get some decent pumps and density throughout the day but for me, some of my best training sessions have been after a simple mix of caffeine and CM. This past week, I've been playing with doses of GPLC or nitrates to see what works best (definitely like the long lasting pumps from the nitrates). I guess my body just likes to keep things simple.

Thanks again for all the input!

Edit: Should have been more direct - will I be safe without ALA since I'm not taking at high doses? At what doses should I start combining ALA? Thanks.

Younglifter16

Awards
2 grams LCLT pre workout has been a staple for me forever now.

dont notice anything from ALCAR no matter how i experiment with it

MagillaRU

Awards

I've definitely noticed the acute effects so far. Maybe I'll experiment with both later on.

domore

Awards

If you aren't heavily dosing any other carnitines, try dosing LCLT at three grams. Most studies have used three grams of LCLT.

It may not make a huge difference, but it is worth a shot if you have it in bulk.