Dogg Crapp Training

iBulk

iBulk

Awards
I'll be brief here-

I've been reading up on DC training (yes, I saw the recent thread on it) and I'm considering running this program for a few months. I realize that it has mainly gotten rave reviews, I'm just a bit skeptical.

3-4 training days a week? One working set? I'm a lifter, I like to train 6 days a week. I get that DC training is high intensity but it seems like under training. Thoughts from those of you that have done the program? Thanks in advance.

PaulBlack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
3-4 training days a week? One working set? I'm a lifter, I like to train 6 days a week. I get that it is high intensity but it seems like under training. Thoughts from those of you that have done the program? Thanks in advance.
More is not always better and there are a lot of 2-3-4 day a week programs that will give unbelievable gains.
The magic of any/routines: It is more going to depend on the "quality and effort" of the work and most likely one's goals.
I personally think and have experienced that 90% of trainees can get to their near optimal potential with the programs that use exclusively the 5-7 compound exercises, (especially the big body moves like deads squats, rows, standing OHP's...) to elicit the greatest changes in the largest body structures.
My goals were always strength/mass, so, I do not think 6 days a week is optimal for that particular goal YMMV.

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
there are many variables that effect training; volume, intensity, and frequency. throw in work capacity and recovery ability and you can workout 1-2 days a week or 10 times a week as long as you know how to adjust the variables.

DC training works. its been around for years with a very high success rate. just remember with any program you have to work it hard enough. you get out what you put in. in other words, you must believe.